Former GOP Congressman Aaron Schock comes out as gay

Jordan Miller

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/5/2020 at 2:00 PM, Born2Die said:

He is obviously an attractive man, but I've always despised him for his hatred toward the LGBTQ community. Im sure his upbringing made him hate himself for being gay and hence over compensated? I'm happy for him being able to come to terms with his sexuality and is now able to live openly in his truth. I just hope uses his platform now to do more for the community he suppressed for so long.

Oh we been knowing he was gay. His nude from Grindr :werk:

Him being afraid to come out because he’s in a republican spotlight and terrified to hurt his Family isn’t him “hating” the community. Everyone comes to terms with themselves on their own time. 

• Leader
1 hour ago, dr35 said:

Him being afraid to come out because he’s in a republican spotlight and terrified to hurt his Family isn’t him “hating” the community. Everyone comes to terms with themselves on their own time. 

I agree with this as well. 

It just feels like he had an opportunity to help people who experienced / experiencing something similar and he didn't :kidcries:

On 3/5/2020 at 1:49 PM, JordanMiller said:

Similarly to the Politics & global news forum, I also created a forum for LGBTQ-related topics. News, discussion, opinion, perusal stories... I want Exhalers who identify as LGBTQ and our straight allies to have a safe space to discuss important topics.

This is a story I've been following for a minute.

Former GOP Congressman Aaron Schock officially comes out as gay - he was previously against gay marriage and held antigay positions such as "voting against lifting the ban on LGB people serving in the military and voting not to extend hate crime protections to include ****** orientation and gender identity," Queerty reports.

There's been mountains of evidence for a while now: revealing intimate photos (do not post), caught making out with a guy at Coachella and much more.

He posted a note on Instagram explaining his current stance and confirms he is indeed gay.

“I am gay,” begins his post.

“I did like I’d always done and threw myself into the distraction of work and what I once understood success to be. That included being responsive to the interests of the constituents in the district that I served. Perhaps correctly, perhaps not, I assumed that revealing myself as their gay congressman would not go over well. I put my ambition over the truth, which not only hurt me, but others as well.”

What do you guys think? Is it too little too late, or should the LGBTQ community forgive him for his past mistakes?  

aaron-schock-gay.jpg

Here's what bums me out about this so hard. People are looking at his body and making it purely a negative ****** thing online. Twitter is running rapid with the 'We won't **** Aaron Schock', and that's a more positive/joking response frankly. The negativity takes a turn deeper when people are just flat out rage filled because this man hasn't come forward sooner, and hasn't officially said "I'm sorry I  voted Republican". His past isn't a hate of the LGBT Community. It wasn't a malicious "I'm going to ruin these people's lives and vote against marriage". He went with the times as a young congressman in a GOP political landscape. Even democrats at the time weren't on board with gay marriage for god sake. 

Here's my take. As someone who's grown up in the EXACT same religious environment as Aaron, I  can certainly understand the pressure. His home wasn't a negative place. It was filled with love and he was afraid to destroy that.... something the media ultimately helped him do when a bunch of *******s decided to take pictures of him at Coachella and shop them around. I  understand that people are angry, and they don't think it's fair that he gets to parade around with a nice body, and hang out in all the trendy gay spots, yet hasn't come to terms with the Community or his sexuality.. I  get it. But is it anybody's business in the first place? If he's at a bar and you don't like him, how about ignore him? 

Sometimes I    get so discouraged to be a gay man. We can be such a fun, loving community, or a bunch of bitter little queens. The response to Aaron coming out is flat out gross, and it's discouraging to all the kids in the closet right now so terrified to tell their truth. If the community I'm seeing on Twitter and in the LGBT media right now is the community I    was coming out for, I'd nail those closet doors shut. 

Archived