China using app to track coronavirus quarantinees

I went to multiple stores and I could not find any hand sanitizer. :katyfrog: And I caught myself propping my head up with my hand like 3 times ON THE TRAIN today. The train is the last place one would want to have their hands near their face. :eeek: If anyone in my family is going to get it - it's going to be me. I'm a student and I spend about 80 minutes in a packed train 3 days a week. Thankfully I don't have to remind myself to wash my hands because I already do that religiously anyway. I have a lot of OCD like tendencies (using that term loosely, I'm not trying to diagnose myself) and washing my hands is one of them. :bigtime: I'm not that worried about the virus, though. I'm more worried about missing school if I do catch it. Priorities, guys! Priorities! :queenflopga:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MaxMillion said:

Same for me...but since two weeks there have been a lot of new infections in Germany, especially in my area of Cologne...and I definitely wash my hands more often mow 😂 still I feel like media is frightening us a bit too much...so I still like to party and go out! 

One positive about most viruses is that a person with a healthy immune system will become immune to that strain.  You should be fine but continue being smart.  

• Leader
3 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Well... I used to, but since I'm going off Accutane at the end of this month, I've been eating healty for a bit over 2 weeks now. No dairy, added sugar, gluten, etc. :eeek: One lady did bring a sugar free chocolate bar the other day and I ate that one. Felt really good. Bless her heart. :katybelt:

I took Accutane when I was a teenager. That **** is no joke. I thought they stopped prescribing that to people. I had to get blood tests :bernienope:

7 hours ago, jordeezy said:

One positive about most viruses is that a person with a healthy immune system will become immune to that strain.  You should be fine but continue being smart.  

I think I heard that some people in Japan got the corona virus again after being fully recovered from the virus. So it is not entirely sure whether you are immune. 

There is already a vaccine, but the thing is we will need weeks to make sure it passes human trials. So, I doubt that the NIH will be able to approve it before the US getting a serious outbreak.

But here is something to comfort all of you: the percentage of you getting it is as rare as pumping into a high school colleague in a city where you both don't live in and the percentage of it killing you is as rare as meeting someone with red eye.

The only alarming factor of this virus is how fast it spreads within a community.

1 hour ago, MaxMillion said:

I think I heard that some people in Japan got the corona virus again after being fully recovered from the virus. So it is not entirely sure whether you are immune. 

The reason these people got it again is not because of the immune system, it is because they never recovered actually, this virus is tricky, it hides within the wall of the cell and gets out after it populate itself within, you'd think that you're fully recovered but you can't really tell if it is still there without indepth testing

8 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

I took Accutane when I was a teenager. That **** is no joke. I thought they stopped prescribing that to people. I had to get blood tests :bernienope:

Yeah, it's really freakin' strong, but it works SO well. :bigtime: Pretty sure they prescribe it even more these days (even for cases that aren't that severe). Go figure. :idkney:

Archived