Your Greatest Hits Volume II tracklist

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Am I really the only one that truly loves GH:MP and wants a part 2?  I loved the 3 new songs, the remix CD, the silver foil folding case.  Nobody else wants a part 2??

I feel like digital streaming and playlists have made greatest hits albums completely useless. Unless there's new / rare songs and demos, there's kinda no point in them. Even if there are such extras, most people are just gonna add them to their library separately and ignore the 'hits' because what's the point. :thinkney:

14 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I feel like digital streaming and playlists have made greatest hits albums completely useless. Unless there's new / rare songs and demos, there's kinda no point in them. Even if there are such extras, most people are just gonna add them to their library separately and ignore the 'hits' because what's the point. :thinkney:

The point is to complete the collection and tie loose ends.  I didn't buy any of her other compilation albums besides BITM1 because it had new songs 

I'd probably do b-sides with some unreleased, and other songs up until 3 and then the singles. Something like:

1. New song
  2. Rockstar
  3. Walk On By
  4. Sugarfall
  5. Before The Goodbye
  6. Intimidated
  7. Strangest Love
  8. Amnesia
  9. Vertigo
  10. Hold It Against Me
  11. Till The World Ends (ft. Nicki Minaj & Kesha)
  12. I Wanna Go
  13. Criminal (Single version)
  14. New song
  15. S&M
  16. Work *****
  17. Perfume (acoustic edit)
  18. Ooh La La
  19. Scream & Shout
  20. Scream & Shout Remix
  21. Tom's Diner
  22. Pretty Girls
  23. New Song
  24. Make Me (VMA Remix)
  25. Slumber Party (ft. Tamagotchi)
  26. Do You Wanna Come Over (POM mix)
5 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

What's the difference between the album version and the singles version? I saw a file called "Criminal Radio Edit" but I couldn't spot any major difference :thinkney:

I think the radio edits/singles are usually shorter to fit in the radio, but it's a bit weird in this case cause I don't feel like the album version of Criminal is too long to play in the radio :jj:

1 hour ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

What's the difference between the album version and the singles version? I saw a file called "Criminal Radio Edit" but I couldn't spot any major difference :thinkney:

They literally just added a stronger back beat and added some extra synths in the final chorus. It's no Stop Remix or Co-Ed Remix but I guess it kinda add something different to it? :)

If they were gonna do another money grab, I'd want something like:

1. Outta This World

2. NEW TRACK

3. Amnesia

4. Trouble

5. Quicksand

6. Rock Boy

7. Till The World Ends (Femme Fatale Remix)

8. Scary

9. Scream & Shout

10. Ooh La La

11. Work *****

12. Perfume

13. Tom's Diner

14. Pretty Girls

15. Make Me

16. Slumber Party

17. Man On The Moon

18. Mood Ring

19. Scream & Shout Remix

Mine - 

Greatest Hits Volume 2: Somethin' To Talk About

1.  Scream and Shout (intro feat Will.I.Am) - a shortened version with mainly Britney's parts.

2.  Work *****

3.  Till The World Ends 

4.  Womanizer

5.  Somethin To Talk About (cover, a more electro pop style of the song)

6.  Gimme More

7.  Piece of Me

8.  3

9.  Hold It Against Me

10.  I Wanna Go

11.  Make Me

12.  Circus

13.  Break The Ice

14.  If U Seek Amy

15.  Perfume 

16.  Mood Ring

17.  I Feel So Free With You

2 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

That's cause "radio edit" is inaccurate. As what @Nickey already mentioned, radio edits are created to make it more acceptable to be played on the radio because radio stations particularly want easy and fat free songs. They don't want a lot of dead air or instrumental breakdowns (that will bore the listeners and make them want to change the station), that's why breakdowns and long silences (like the one at the end of 3 cause Max Martin had to wait for a few more seconds to make it 3:33). Radio edit removes that. The same will be applied to Ariana Grande's Get Well Soon if ever that gets released to radio stations as it has more than 10 seconds of silence. Also, they edit for inappropriate language but y'all know that by now.

With Criminal, it's actually not a "radio edit" but a "radio mix". If you listen closely and on speakers, you'll notice the radio mix has a harder beat and is less cheesy than the album version because the album version would've sounded so bad on the radio. Moreover, it'll flop on pop radio cause it's too country/adult contemporary and that is not Britney's home format. She needs to appeal to pop radio which is her turf. It's the same with Xtina's You Lost Me released as a radio remix with just a slight uptempo beat as the original sounds too cheesy and boring and too standard for pop radio stations.

Excited Dance GIF by POKÉMON Detective Pikachu

Archived