Mariah Carey's 'E=MC²' hits #1 on iTunes 12 years after its release

Jordan Miller

Hmm I honestly find it really cringy when people try using iTunes sales as something to gloat about. It's really easy now for artists to get a number 1 on iTunes especially with E=MC² album only costing like $5 on iTunes. Also it's kinda dumb that Lambs, and every stan base, feels the need to use sales and chart success as validation that the person they stan is a good artist. Like literally anybody can sell well and get good streams, like Ed Sherran has billions but none of his music is good, it doesn't prove anything. Plus we all know Mariah's a talented legend who's longevity is unmatched, so what's getting one of her most mediocre albums (that already peaked on Billboard which is an actual feat) to peak to #1 going to prove ? That the lambs and the gays have $5 to spare ? :mariahstare:

19 hours ago, sparrowhawk said:

That’s my queen! The ultimate ultimate for me. No one comes close to Mariah. I was on her TRL special for the “Caution” release last fall ; MTV emailed me cause of my WBT cover on YouTube (which YouTube later deleted for zero reason even though I had 80k views whitney houston wtf GIF) but anyway I digress dahhhlings....no family like the Lambily!! ❤️🐑

On my way to buying it now just to support, even though it’s one of her less impressive albums 😝😝😝

**** youtube. They did the same to me too! Its really sad they do that to small people like us who dont have anything smh

7 hours ago, gayreve said:

Hmm I honestly find it really cringy when people try using iTunes sales as something to gloat about. It's really easy now for artists to get a number 1 on iTunes especially with E=MC² album only costing like $5 on iTunes. Also it's kinda dumb that Lambs, and every stan base, feels the need to use sales and chart success as validation that the person they stan is a good artist. Like literally anybody can sell well and get good streams, like Ed Sherran has billions but none of his music is good, it doesn't prove anything. Plus we all know Mariah's a talented legend who's longevity is unmatched, so what's getting one of her most mediocre albums (that already peaked on Billboard which is an actual feat) to peak to #1 going to prove ? That the lambs and the gays have $5 to spare ? :mariahstare:

Bro u presssed lol. Streams and sales are all we have these days to prove anything. What else are we gonna gauge by lol? Fake awards? If your material is being viewed and bought, people care about your work saweetie. 

• Love 3
  • Leader
7 minutes ago, OCBoy1985 said:

All the Brittards in here saying how it’s not a big deal etc.  

However if it’s not such a big deal why can’t y’all get any of Britney albums to top the iTunes chart? 🙄

Y'all couldn’t even get Glory to hit no.1 opening wk. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Maybe it was just too artsy fartsy :makeitrain:

• Love 1

like other's have said it's not that impressive but at the same time it is kinda cool for an album from 2008 to top the itunes chart

the album deserves more recognition, Lambs like to **** on it but it's one of her most consistent albums from start to finish

i'd love her next album to sound like this, for her to work with Jermaine Dupri again, they create magic together 

i hate to say this as a lamb but her last two albums just didn't have that mariah magic to the same extent of her previous albums

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.