Duffy explains disappearance: "I was ***** and drugged and held captive over some days."

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Wow, this is heartbreaking.

Duffy revealed in February she was taken hostage for days, ***** and drugged. It broke her spirit so much that she felt compelled to go into hiding. She says she committed time to healing her broken heart, but at a cost.

She opened up about it in a new letter. Read below 😢 

It was my birthday, I was drugged at a restaurant, I was drugged then for four weeks and travelled to a foreign country. I can’t remember getting on the plane and came round in the back of a travelling vehicle. I was put into a hotel room and the perpetrator returned and ***** me. I remember the pain and trying to stay conscious in the room after it happened. I was stuck with him for another day, he didn’t look at me, I was to walk behind him, I was somewhat conscious and withdrawn. I could have been disposed of by him. I contemplated running away to the neighbouring city or town, as he slept, but had no cash and I was afraid he would call the police on me, for running away, and maybe they would track me down as a missing person. I do not know how I had the strength to endure those days, I did feel the presence of something that helped me stay alive. I flew back with him, I stayed calm and as normal as someone could in a situation like that, and when I got home, I sat, dazed, like a zombie. I knew my life was in immediate danger, he made veiled confessions of wanting to kill me. With what little strength I had, my instinct was to then run, to run and find somewhere to live that he could not find.

The perpetrator drugged me in my own home in the four weeks, I do not know if he ***** me there during that time, I only remember coming round in the car in the foreign country and the escape that would happen by me fleeing in the days following that. I do not know why I was not drugged overseas; it leads me to think I was given a class A **** and he could not travel with it. 

After it happened, someone I knew came to my house and saw me on my balcony staring into space, wrapped in a blanket. I cannot remember getting home. The person said I was yellow in colour and I was like a dead person. They were obviously frightened but did not want to interfere, they had never seen anything like it.
Thereafter, it didn’t feel safe to go to the police. I felt if anything went wrong, I would be dead, and he would have killed me. I could not risk being mishandled or it being all over the news during my danger. I really had to follow what instincts I had. I have told two female police officers, during different threatening incidents in the past decade, it is on record.

And as I grieved what 'I must have done to invite this into my life', I read something that said, “in the end, it’s never between them and you, it’s always between them and God”. That helped me a lot in the absence of justice.

Once someone threatened to ‘out' my story and I had to tell a female police officer what information the person held about me, and why the blackmail was so frightening. The second incident was when three men tried to enter my house as intruders, I told the second female officer about the **** then also. The identity of the ****** should be only handled by the police, and that is between me and them.

It took so long for me to speak because after I was ***** and held captive, I fled. I moved five times in the immediate three years after, never feeling safe from the ******, I was on the run for so long. I found somewhere to live, the 5th house, it was not as confined as the other houses, where I grieved silently, in townhouses or apartments. This place I would spend solitary years to find the stability to recover, I had stopped running and relocating. I felt he could not find me in the 5th house, I felt safe. I feel safe now.

I can now leave this decade behind. Where the past belongs. Hopefully no more “what happened to Duffy questions”, now you know … and I am free.

duffy.jpg

22 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Sorry but when did she disappear? :yesokay:

I only know her from that song Britney covered during the Circus tour, but tbh I never followed her steps

still, it's very sad and heartbreaking to hear a story like this one, and to know that there are many other people suffering the same, without a voice, being unable to seek the help they need to recover from such a traumatic thing.

humanity is really sickening 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I only know her from that song Britney covered during the Circus tour, but tbh I never followed her steps

I only know her because my ex is obsessed with her and would always make me listen to Mercy so I also didn't follow her.

I applaud her for being brave and coming out with her story tho. Some girls aren't as brave. :awks:

And same as @Born2Die 's question. Not being shady but I just need more context. When did this happen and when was her hiatus (to recover from the incident)? 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

But when she was a hostage... Nobody reported it? 

True and not trying to discredit her claims AT ALL but if she was held captive, wouldn't her family report it and being a public figure, it would get huge media coverage?

I hope she is brave enough/ is able to identify her ****** and get the justice she deserves!

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Was she ever reported as missing? Not saying it didn't happen because I know it can, but she is a celeb. 

nobody reported it in 2008 - 2010, thats  main reason why i dont believe this story.

In my country something similar happenned and every single newspaper reported it, and the celebrity lied.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

True and not trying to discredit her claims AT ALL but if she was held captive, wouldn't her family report it and being a public figure, it would get huge media coverage?

I hope she is brave enough/ is able to identify her ****** and get the justice she deserves!

This is purely my speculation, but I’m thinking it was maybe someone she knew or was in a relationship with. You can be ******** assaulted by even your boyfriend or husband. That’s why it would make sense if her family didn’t report it, because if she was just with her boyfriend, they probably didn’t think anything of it. If she tells her story then we will know I guess. :ponderney: 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Brunetteknee said:

This is purely my speculation, but I’m thinking it was maybe someone she knew or was in a relationship with. You can be ******** assaulted by even your boyfriend or husband. That’s why it would make sense if her family didn’t report it, because if she was just with her boyfriend, they probably didn’t think anything of it. If she tells her story then we will know I guess. :ponderney: 

So true! Thanks for that insight, I didnt think of that situation. 

41 minutes ago, Brunetteknee said:

So "captive" is a figure of speech?  

1 hour ago, Brunetteknee said:

A good girlfriend of mine had a relationship like this. She wasn’t totally held captive, but essentially. Her boyfriend drugged and ***** her, and almost never let her see friends or family. She ended up suffering from stockholm syndrome.

4 hours ago, Born2Die said:

That's what I was thinking. Not asking in a shady way but she's been off my pop radar since 2009ish. So was it recent or literally back then.:yaknow:

She released an album in 2010 but it didn’t do as well as Rockferry, shortly after its release she announced a musical hiatus. So I imagine sometime after that.

3 hours ago, Born2Die said:

Duffy actually disappeared from the public eye after her last album, so there hasn’t been that much media coverage on her as it is. Also so many ****/****** assault cases usually go unreported because victims are too scared to speak up.

Also I’m not sure if you’re aware but in the UK, victims of ****/****** assault are entitled to anonymity under law. So the case may have been reported about but we just didn’t know it was her until now as she waived her right to anonymity. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block