Lindsay Lohan starring in a new supernatural thriller movie

Jordan Miller

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for LiLo. I really think she should regain her music career first. The public is much more forgiving toward singers. Once she does that, the GP will have some restored faith in her and she can dip her toes into a film or TV. Male actors always seem to get second, third, fourth chances but women are banished and rarely get those A-list roles again.

3 hours ago, Born2Die said:

Good for LiLo. I really think she should regain her music career first. The public is much more forgiving toward singers. Once she does that, the GP will have some restored faith in her and she can dip her toes into a film or TV. Male actors always seem to get second, third, fourth chances but women are banished and rarely get those A-list roles again.

:bieber: 

I have always, always rooted for Lindsay. She will always have a special place in my heart because so much of her early work became a part of my life growing up - particularly Mean Girls.

And what @rik said. Lindsay was actually on her way to recovery but wasn't given a chance by producers and execs because of her alcoholism and **** use history. And I honestly liked her performance in A Prairie Home Companion. She definitely deserves a second chance. Yet, i also second @Born2Die suggestion on coming back with new music first. She never released Xanax on streaming platforms. Ugh.

Unpopular Opinion: I liked I Know Who Killed Me. While i don't think her performance was THAT good. The film was entertaining for me. It's not BURLESQUE but it's decent.

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

I have always, always rooted for Lindsay. She will always have a special place in my heart because so much of her early work became a part of my life growing up - particularly Mean Girls.

And what @rik said. Lindsay was actually on her way to recovery but wasn't given a chance by producers and execs because of her alcoholism and **** use history. And I honestly liked her performance in A Prairie Home Companion. She definitely deserves a second chance. Yet, i also second @Born2Die suggestion on coming back with new music first. She never released Xanax on streaming platforms. Ugh.

Unpopular Opinion: I liked I Know Who Killed Me. While i don't think her performance was THAT good. The film was entertaining for me. It's not BURLESQUE but it's decent.

The problem is not the industry, it’s her own toxic self. She’s always late or never shows up to her commitments and continues to when people do give her a chance. The director of the canyons said she is like Marilyn Monroe where the very few seconds you do get something out of her, it’s makes all the hardships worth it but in an industry where they themselves are trying to keep afloat, people don’t have the funds to support a toxic behavior like that because she’s not a commodity now. I hope she’s okay now because last I heard she tried to kidnap a child :eheeek:

i still wait for some music from her. xanax and coming back to me sounds really good.

as for the movie i am not waiting much from it. last year she did a movie  among the shadows which was also presented as a thriller i didn't watch it but i didn't hear anything good about that role. her landing the movie role is good  but her last good role was really long ago. so bc of all the stuff in her personal life she certainly lost creditibility. i guess hollywood /directors/agents don't  really give her much of the scripts this is why she plays in a sh.... movies so ppl would't completely forget that she was /is brilliant actress.  i wish she would play in smth like georgia rule but in a more mature way e.g. mother with the kids who strugles and then finds a man who seems good person but it ends up like JLos "enough" kind of situation. idk but i just want her to play in a serious movies. maybe this one gonna be her comeback-who knows...

• Super Mods
1 minute ago, rik said:

no you're definitely right, she continues to make horrible decisions. however, i think much of this is a form of self destruction. it's all she's ever really known, and i can say that she is definitely mentally ill as a result of what happened to her. it doesn't make her a bad person.

also in her defence, i genuinely don't think she was well when recording that video. she also was  in an abusive relationship in 2016 in greece with this multimillionaire's son. there are videos of it online and it's a lot. 

i don't think she's ever going to have the career she once had, but she genuinely was just a really fragile person at the start of it all. i saw the oprah series and she also didn't seem ready then, but realistically oprah also definitely exploited her. like why would she rush into things so quickly after rehab, a critical time in her sobriety? then again, i don't believe she was sober during the shooting of the show. she would party until 7 am. 

i do think it's too late unfortunately, but i heard she was on a show called sick note (the second season) with nic frost and rupert grint. it was apparently good. also yes and no... she definitely f**ked up in 2013 but the in between time, like 2007-2010 in particular was a LOT. like the industry did not help her and i'm sure her parent's 2007 divorce didn't either. she was also fully addicted to coke by the shooting of just my luck. it's sad really, so much potential

You hit right on the nail, it’s not her fault and I don’t blame her actions, she was hardly loved by her parents and she was desperately seeking that in anything she can. I know now she has realized her faults but it’s far too late now to jump back into stardom which is sad because yeah she truly had a lot of potential and oozes charisma, she’s made for the camera. I mean I cried with her at the end of Just My Luck. She’s so talented! 

Archived