Listen To Beyonce's New 'Lion King' Song "Spirit"

Jordan Miller

• Leader

beyonce-spirit-the-lion-king.jpg

Beyonce curated a new album for The Lion King titled 'The Gift.'

The record, which drops July 19, in addition to the film’s soundtrack, features global artists set to the sounds of Africa.

“This is sonic cinema,” said Beyoncé of the new album in a statement. “This is a new experience of storytelling. I wanted to do more than find a collection of songs that were inspired by the film. It is a mixture of genres and collaboration that isn’t one sound. It is influenced by everything from R&B, pop, hip hop and Afro Beat.”

“I wanted to put everyone on their own journey to link the storyline,” she continued. “Each song was written to reflect the film’s storytelling that gives the listener a chance to imagine their own imagery, while listening to a new contemporary interpretation. It was important that the music was not only performed by the most interesting and talented artists but also produced by the best African producers. Authenticity and heart were important to me.”

Beyonce’s new song, “Spirit,” is anthemic, and larger than life. One of the film’s composers says it’s even bigger than “The Circle Of Life.”

The singer voices Nala in the forthcoming film.

Listen below:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is straight up an Andra Day album filler track. Why did everyone oversell this song so hard? I mean I’m grateful it’s so mediocre bc btwn this and her juvenile voice acting, even the locals are opening their eyes to just how dull Beyonce really is:howiroll:

btw, I understand the media overhyping this song bc that’s what they’re paid by jayz to do... but Jordan can you plz work on your taste level? First u say Megatron is the song of the summer and now this turd is an anthem?! Bish where?

and I still haven’t forgiven u for saying “confetti” by Hilary duff is bad :bpo:

19 hours ago, Shadow. said:

disney ruining their own brand again I see...:gerlwat: bring something new to the table and leave the classics as they are!

1 hour ago, DayvinDazone said:

This.

Seriously, isn't it time this generation started coming up with new original material instead of f**king up the classics? Have some respect for God's sake.

I read something a while back that explained why Disney and others are so obsessed with remakes and reboots suddenly, and though it makes sense, its not that comforting: Its simple, the reason why is because after so many years, the copyright to something expires. And rather than risk losing their copyrights, all these companies are doing remakes/reboots/live actions because it keeps that copyright firmly in place. They're only using Millennials loving "reunions of their old classics" as an excuse. (And as a Millennial, I've always firmly hated remakes/reboots; I'm a huge horror buff and saw it start there, and have hated it since.)

22 hours ago, f**knfurter said:

I read something a while back that explained why Disney and others are so obsessed with remakes and reboots suddenly, and though it makes sense, its not that comforting: Its simple, the reason why is because after so many years, the copyright to something expires. And rather than risk losing their copyrights, all these companies are doing remakes/reboots/live actions because it keeps that copyright firmly in place. They're only using Millennials loving "reunions of their old classics" as an excuse. (And as a Millennial, I've always firmly hated remakes/reboots; I'm a huge horror buff and saw it start there, and have hated it since.)

I guess that makes sense but if you are gonna do a reboot at least make it somewhat to the standard of the original.  I feel the reboots are essentially 'cheapening' their brand, Disney was always renowned for their innovation in animation and attention to detail but these remakes are lazy. Also I just have to mention this recent announcement of making Ariel black-I just can't....pandering to PC culture at its finest :ririshade2:

I was hoping that she would release something with African tribe vibe.

But the song is disappointing.

Did Beyonce make great music? Yes.
Is she a great performer? Yes.

But she's clearly not that kind of talented on her own, simply great artist.
She needs resources and packages for greater outcome. 

Archived