Reasons why Britney doesnt dance as she used to?

fays1

Reasons why Britney doesnt dance as she used to?  

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, Just Because said:

Now respect what she’s asked and give her the space she ‘s asked for. Stop making it about YOU,  if you really care about her and are really a true fan. 

How can you not love and respect someone who chooses mental well being over money. 

Shame on you people!!!!!!!!!! 

:kisses:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Shadow2003 said:

Also, someone once made a very nice and funny thread about this, but seriously:

These are ticks:

Spoiler

Hide contents

Ticks | Ticks | CDC

...while her constantly touching her hair, doing those weird buttshakes, etc. are called tics. :)

Ooh! Ooh!

BlackandwhiteThankfulIrukandjijellyfish-

That was me, too!

Spoiler

(And I’ve gotten to use the Hermione gif twice today)! 

Now that I look back on the mess that was the femme fatale era, I would definitely say meds! But every year after: lack of passion. We have seen how our girl kills it in rehearsal. THIS right here is primeney:

When you see her not hitting the choreo or looking bored at times during the Circus tour or the residency, it's not because of meds, or her knee, it's because she is lazy and doesn't give a *****. IN my opinion! 

2 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

lmao just because thats the way its written in a document doesnt mean thats the way its actually being handled. Her father doesnt even live close to her. She literally said in 2016 (without Interviewers even asking) that she is happier now than in her 20ies. Just because they make sure she isnt surrounded by trash like Luffi doesnt mean she isnt allowed to meet people. She also said in 2016 that she goes on dates. You all just take everything that is written on a piece of paper as gospel. Also.. an A lister like Britney SHOULDNT leave the house without a bodycuard.

I'm sorry but, you say that ''doesn't mean she isnt allowed to meet people''. I'm not saying that she can't meet other people, but what do you think about the way she meets them? Didn't Iggy say that her team raided her house for ***** and fun stuff the first time Britney was supposed to come over? How do you think that makes her feel? I'm sure there is nothing natural about the way she meets new people, and thats a part of what is wrong with her team. 

Just now, Sparks said:

I'm sorry but, you say that ''doesn't mean she isnt allowed to meet people''. I'm not saying that she can't meet other people, but what do you think about the way she meets them? Didn't Iggy say that her team raided her house for ***** and fun stuff the first time Britney was supposed to come over? How do you think that makes her feel? I'm sure there is nothing natural about the way she meets new people, and thats a part of what is wrong with her team. 

im sure it doesnt make her feel great but also I feel like there is a reason those rules were put in place. Like I said before I think Britney deserves a shot to be out of the Cship but there is a reason why things were put in place and it wasnt to be mean.

I think it's a mixture of things, that ultimately led her to lose her sense of "coolness" and maybe the sense of rhythm too. It's like for a while she felt embarrassed of being as she used to be, or dancing as she used to, and she was out of shape / not in optimal condition (again, for all the reasons you want, meds, being a mom, anxiety, etc).

Then she snapped at some point in 2015 but she just doesn't know anymore what's cool, and if she's coming up with her latest choreographies, they obviously won't be very good. She has the energy but not a good direction, or no direction at all. That video where she's dancing to Janet Jackson is the clear example that she just needs a good choreography to follow.

But for practical purposes, I voted the Conservatorship :whatitellu:

her choreo is for the most part not the problem though.. I'm not sure how different her choreo was from the POM dancers because I never paid attention to that but I do know that her dancers always looked great.. I mean, just look at Sarah.. Sarah has more charisma and stage presence in her pinky than Britney has had in her whole body since her prime, no shade, it's just facts.. :unbothered: the only GENUINELY awful choreo POM had was the "work, work, work, work, work, work, work" for an excruciating 30 seconds + the "work it out, work it out, work it out, work it out, work it out" combined with the slaps.. absolutely awful and cringe inducing but oh well.. :juggingu:

6 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

Her whole attitude, her really feeling herself and basically making those 'I'm having *** right now' expressions have disappeared.

Now she does the cheesy overexaggerated & dramatic Disney facial expressions when performing songs like Freakshow :jj:

Her lack of attitude and inability to express the attitude of her songs correctly in addition to the countless nervous tics she's developed RUIN her performances.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FRFQF0BoPXJEZO%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1

22 hours ago, Shadow2003 said:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FRFQF0BoPXJEZO%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1

Did Randee film IAMBJ? Serious question.

She looked stunning during the unfortunate release of BJ and even more unfortunate debut of POM, but this documentary was shot with such unflattering, and just plain weird, lighting. This gif nearly looks like CGI. 

I mean, this is (presumably) a professionally shot film wherein the results are nevertheless indistinguishable from everyone on IG with an iPhone and Facetune who blurs themselves into oblivion and thinks no one will notice. :akii:

2 hours ago, DayvinDazone said:

Her whole attitude, her really feeling herself and basically making those 'I'm having *** right now' expressions have disappeared. Now she does the cheesy overexaggerated & dramatic Disney facial expressions when performing songs like Freakshow :jj:

The shortage of good non-Zumba choreography and her inability to express the attitude of her songs correctly in addition to the countless nervous tics she's developed RUINED her most recent performances.

Her attitude was still on point in this post-breakdown performance from the Circus tour. That's Primeney right there:

The fire in her eyes... the sharp movements... her really feeling the beat. It's on point. The dance moves aren't complicated, they may even be simpler than the ones she's doing for POM but she's very much present in this performance and THAT'S what all of us are missing.

Yep. The issue isn’t the technical ability, it’s the execution. 

Britney even said something similar herself back during the dance rehearsals on FTR. Something like, “you can be the best technical dancer, but I look for dancers with that certain quality that makes people just stop and watch.” 

Britney has that undefinable quality, but it’s been stifled due to numerous reasons, one of which is the post-breakdown onset of severe social anxiety and subsequent loss of confidence.

Now whenever she’s in front of an audience, she’s in her head constantly, and you can’t be in your head while letting your body take over. It’s why she’s often disconnected from the music or even off-rhythm altogether, and noticeably counting steps at times. Also the reason the rehearsal videos are totally different from the live performances. She knows the steps and has the physical ability; that’s not the issue. 

And despite what people here argue, no, medications cannot eliminate one’s innate rhythmic ability (it can, however, cause psychomotor retardation like during the FF Tour, but that was hardly Britney’s problem during the last couple years; if anything, she was so anxious she wound up with far too much improperly utilized restless energy). 

WB actually has more complex choreography than some of Britney’s best and/or most iconic dance routines, but it just doesn’t look good.

A simple hip bop or hair flip, when done correctly (I.e., with conviction, confidence and that star quality) can actually be far more powerful than four minutes of nonstop soulless 8 counts. 

Here’s an example of two silly choreographies Britney has done, but the result couldn’t have been more disparate simply due to her charisma:

Snapping fingers with confidence (and within a comedic context, of all things):

giphy.gif

Tapping knees without confidence (intended to be an actual performance for a very **** lead single):

3oz8xKfiQn9CvvO7i8.gif

(And believe me, I didn’t think the knee tap could ever look even remotely good, until I noticed the way some of her female dancers, particularly Sarah, did it—and she actually looked super **** despite how stupid that movement remains). 

4 hours ago, fays1 said:

Who are these good choreographers? and yes she performed Hold it against me really good at that time. But then all her real choreographers left because they could not handle the team. Brian, Wade, and Andre all left her. We saw videos of her dancing really good like with Janet Jackson All night but she doesnt have a good choreographer.

She performed HIAM really good? Oh god, I can’t :dead:

Archived