If Knee released Breathe on Me as a single, how do you think it would have done on the charts?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think these days it might do well but I dont think in 2004 it would have done too well. It would have been "too ******" or something. Might be wrong. Some songs that I hate get HUGE and some songs that I think are amazing get ignored compelty.

5XIS.gif

I still love BOM still sounds fresh and was the only performance in POM that was decent. :kyliecry:

29 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I think these days it might do well but I dont think in 2004 it would have done too well. It would have been "too ******" or something. Might be wrong. Some songs that I hate get HUGE and some songs that I think are amazing get ignored compelty.

5XIS.gif

I still love BOM still sounds fresh and was the only performance in POM that was decent. :kyliecry:

This gif ? 

1 minute ago, The Greatest Show said:

didnt you just say that BOM is average and that all her past music is?? :xfactorlook:

meant it would have charted as averagely as her music from the past, if released then. my phrasing was a direct reply to the topic question.

6 minutes ago, nwonder said:

I think it Could have slayed in Europe. Not sure about the US tho

they should have done

Breathe On Me - Europe/Asia

Boom Boom - US (though I would have preferred Touch Of My Hand but it'd probably wouldn't have gotten played due to its message)

The Hook Up - Latin America

14 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

they should have done

Breathe On Me - Europe/Asia

Boom Boom - US 

This exactly. 

To answer the question though: not very well, depends on the video. Maybe top30 with a great video and great promo (this IS 2004ney btw). 

Amazing song though. #1 in my dreams :tiffanycries:

Honestly nothing on the album had more potential for chart success on the album in 2004 like boom boom. That’s like the defining sound of 03/04. So much so that it’s shocking it wasn’t a single. 

I think breath on me would’ve done well in 2013-2015. In 2004 I think it may have been a fan fav with moderate success on the charts. :excuseu:

Archived