If Knee released Breathe on Me as a single, how do you think it would have done on the charts?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such an epic song, but so ahead of its time... I don’t know about the charts, but it would have remained even more timeless and iconic had it been released as a single. But to meΒ BOM isΒ not single material becuase it’s very experimental for its time, ITZ is definitely her most experimental album and her best without a doubt. Her drive, input, commitment and sound are otherwordly. BNG is a stain for sure, but every Britney album has its own lil stain, except for BJ,Β which is basically the point where her fanbase stopped taking her seriously...

1 hour ago, Onyx Dream said:

I honestly believe that if it was a new song it could be released today and chart very well. Better, in fact, than most of her singles of the past decade. Dead serious.Β 

Β 

Edit: Seems many agree.Β 

...I couldn’t agree less.Β 

Are we forgetting Make Me? To me Make Me is a great combo of Slave/BOM. Yet it didn’t have much of a lasting impact on the charts. It’s sad Glory wasn’t bigger than it was.

i think the song would have done as well as DLMBTLTK

Many of her earlyΒ songs deserve the radar-treatment tbh.Β 

Answering the OP, if Britney stayed in Vegas with Domination and performed it there itself, it would peak similar to Slumber Party. But if our girl moved her *** onto big stages and do proper promotion, it could crack the top 10 maybe. The song still remains fresh, and so does Slumber Party:cinderellaney:.Β 

PS my favourite performance from POM was Breathe On Me.

Spoiler

It is never too late for DYWCO as a single, timeless song tbh:yesplease:

Β 

19 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

I think these days it might do well but I dont think in 2004 it would have done too well. It would have been "too ******" or something. Might be wrong. Some songs that I hate get HUGE and some songs that I think are amazing get ignored compelty.

5XIS.gif

I still love BOM still sounds fresh and was the only performance in POM that was decent. :kyliecry:

I think it would kinda be like Toxic, like the video would be phenomenal and the song would become iconic, but on the charts in the ITZ era people would say ITS too much

17 hours ago, Avatar said:

Dark Nite and Greatest gave my answers.Β 

Wasnt BOM supposed to be the 4th single at some point? I’m sure Britney wanted it to be.Β 

Yes it was. She wanted a double release with TOMH but the label made her release Outrageous (which she hated).

If they’d released it instead we probably wouldn’t have the former shellΒ of Britney that we have today and a completely different artist instead due to the injury, cancelled tour, Kevin etc

MATM and Everytime did good in Europe, were #1 in the UK and only peaked #35 and #15 in the USΒ 

Like some people have pointed out, i think itd have worked in Europe, not in the US but deserved to be a single anyway, the same goes to The Hook Up.

Archived