Did anyone here go to the hair zone mall tour/know anyone who did?

Brunetteknee

I was watching some of the vids where she was signing autographs and stuff and it made me wonder where some of the people who saw her there first are nowadays. :bpo:  those people have to have those autographs and promo CD’s somewhere, and I’m sure they have such a cool story to tell. They met brinni before she was brinni. :well: I wonder if they stayed fans of her or if they still care about her even today. It’s so crazy to think about her entire career and how at that point she could’ve never even imagined what her life was going to become. Back then she was just a small town girl who planned on being a music teacher and getting married after all the hype died down :tiffanycries: but then it never did... :mcry: 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My cousin who grew up in California was a huuuge fan. I first heard of Britney because of her. She made my aunt play Britney whenever we were in their car. We were 7 or 8 when she went to see the mall tour. She stopped being a fan during the Britney era. I dunno whatever happened to all her Britney stuff though, I still have her BOMT cassette tape that I secretly stole from her. :decisions: 

Okay, so I know there was a time she came to...believe it or not...Crossroads Mall...where I live in Omaha, NE (the mall is now empty but you can still go into it, very creepy). It was definitely 1999 though and I'm not sure if it was her tour or what she was doing. BUT! My childhood friend named Brittany (also a coincidence) actually did go and met her in Younkers and if my memory serves correct Britney picked her up for their picture as we were only in the 2nd grade at the time.

I am still Facebook friends with this girl and now I am curious if she still has the picture or remembers details. Checking and will let you know :gelis:

• 1 year later...
On 2/19/2019 at 5:52 PM, iamsodramatic said:

Okay, so I know there was a time she came to...believe it or not...Crossroads Mall...where I live in Omaha, NE (the mall is now empty but you can still go into it, very creepy). It was definitely 1999 though and I'm not sure if it was her tour or what she was doing. BUT! My childhood friend named Brittany (also a coincidence) actually did go and met her in Younkers and if my memory serves correct Britney picked her up for their picture as we were only in the 2nd grade at the time.

I am still Facebook friends with this girl and now I am curious if she still has the picture or remembers details. Checking and will let you know :gelis:

so random but did you ever find out if she had the photo?

Yes. I saw her at my local mall before baby one more time came out. I was shopping with a friend and there wasn’t many people there, so we watched her set. After BOMT came out, i met her at a tommy singing at Macy’s by Penn Station in NYC. I was a STAN at this point. My room was covered in Britney memorabilia. I used to stand outside the TRL studios when she was on. I made it to the audience once. 

these were the literal good old days for me. 

My sister's friend went. We're from California, but they had a cheer competition in Florida. Britney had a tour date there, and he went. He didn't really know who Britney, but he got a free sampler cassette. He found out I was a big fan and he gave me the autograph and cassette when they got back! I feel so special owning it because it seems rare nowadays. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

10 hours ago, Isla said:

Dd it took like two weeks for her to respond to your original message as well... damn

Okay so I am mortified...I apparently had a "false memory" about this or maybe I just visualized her experience so hard that I could see a picture in my head (I was so bitter, my parents didn't take me to Britney's mall tour or to see Christina Aguilera at the state fair that year). She said that she didn't get a picture just an autograph. She keeps changing the topic and I'm like okay so can you go find that and give it to me please??? And she goes "do you think the thing about save Britney is true???" :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Sorry for saying there was a picture...apparently that never happened lol

1 hour ago, iamsodramatic said:

Okay so I am mortified...I apparently had a "false memory" about this or maybe I just visualized her experience so hard that I could see a picture in my head (I was so bitter, my parents didn't take me to Britney's mall tour or to see Christina Aguilera at the state fair that year). She said that she didn't get a picture just an autograph. She keeps changing the topic and I'm like okay so can you go find that and give it to me please??? And she goes "do you think the thing about save Britney is true???" :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Sorry for saying there was a picture...apparently that never happened lol

Haha it’s okay, don’t worry. We’re not going to remember everything from our childhood as it was so long ago. At least you tried :) 

Archived