About the Glory cover...

MakeMeFweaky

So looking at that make me video thread, everyone knows that the released video was trash, but everyone liked how she looked. Therefore I have to ask:

if britney released original make me video, and the album cover for glory was just a photoshoot and not a screenshot, would y’all still hate the album cover like y’all do now, or do some of you actually like the album cover?

Discuss.:kiss:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

I have no problems with the cover, it just looks basic and uninspiring. They should’ve had reverse it and use that album cover as the single art and use the Lachappelle one for the album cover. she looks so dreamy in that photo and her looking off really depicts the idea of Glory rather than going for the obvious unoriginal idea of doing a halo like basic Randee did which she still couldn’t do right either.

I feel that maybe after the Make Me video was scrapped, the photoshoot with Randee became the new video shoot instead of the album cover shoot, so maybe the 2 became 1, and we got another lazy effort on the team's part. 

Neither the new vid or the cover were particularly bad, but as the previous person said, very very basic and uninspiring, which translates to laziness, and ultimately a lack of interest by the GP.

7 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I have no problems with the cover, it just looks basic and uninspiring. They should’ve had reverse it and use that album cover as the single art and use the Lachappelle one for the album cover. she looks so dreamy in that photo and her looking off really depicts the idea of Glory rather than going for the obvious unoriginal idea of doing a halo like basic Randee did which she still couldn’t do right either.

I have always thought that photo should have been the album cover instead! It’s a very serene capture of her and flows with the album name more that the screen grab. Which, screen grabs are not that uncommon but they just need to be done right. Like the circus single cover. 

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, ToxicMadLove said:

I have always thought that photo should have been the album cover instead! It’s a very serene capture of her and flows with the album name more that the screen grab. Which, screen grabs are not that uncommon but they just need to be done right. Like the circus single cover. 

Yeah I originally thought it was a screenshot from David’s video I would’ve been fine with as it fits the mood very well. I will never get over it. 

I like that both the FF cover and the Glory cover have similar colours but you can see the difference
that the yellows on the FF one are brighter and it has more contrast because its a more explosive sounding album
and Glory is more moody and **** and laid back so the yellows on the the cover has less contrast and more pastel.

There you go, on this aspect the glory cover does a good job to represent its music :kiss:

2 hours ago, BritneyRebellion said:

I think Glory was done on the cheap and that's why they used that as the cover... they should have done a proper photoshoot for the cover. But we all know how much her team are cheap and lazy and useless and pathetic... :airpls:

They actually did do a full album photoshoot with with Dave LaChapelle (who also shot the original Make Me video).  When that video got scrapped, he took away the rights from her team to use any of the photoshoot.  The only exception was for the Make Me single cover, because it was already released to the public before that fiasco happened.  She looked gorgeous in that photoshoot, at least based on that single cover, so I really hope someday those photos leak.  He ain't cheap either, so I'm guessing that's why they cheaped out and went with Randee lol.

Archived