17th anniversary of I’m a Slave 4 U

Miss_R

SlaveUBSingle_281029.jpgI’m a Slave 4 U released on September 24, 2001.

A music video for the single, which was directed by Francis Lawrence, was released along with the single released.

slaveyouifset_(3).jpg

The music video was nominated in three categories at the 2002 MTV Video Music Awards for Best Female Video, Best Dance Video, and Best Choreography.

original.gif

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some facts:

The "4U" is a Prince thing. He has many songs with numbers and capital letters in the titles, including "I Would Die 4U."

tumblr_ltf3fmIFps1r3ty02o1_500.gif

Slave 4 U was intended for Janet Jackson for her All for You album.

tumblr_mgwlva5bM91qmrg0io2_r1_250.gif

Before the Goodbye was originally supposed to be the lead single, but this was changed because Britney soon recorded 'I'm a Slave 4 U' and also because of BT's conflict/problems with Jive.

tumblr_msk7m9elop1rti7f8o3_r1_250.gif

1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

that's the question we kept asking for her entire prime.

When they finally gave her her first moonman, for POM, I was like "Why did this actually win? :wontcry: 

**** MTV

38 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

is the "4" really a Prince thing though? sounds more like adults pandering and trying to be hip and get with the times, sounds like a 00s tween girl texting on her BlackBerry.. :mj:

It is. I remember at the time, when Pharrell talked about the single he mentioned channeling some Prince when he was writing it.

Archived