Jessica Simpson - The Eternal Shadow of Britney Spears & Christina Aguilera

They dont talk that much about Britney but I still thought it was interesting.

Am I the only one that doesnt think Britney and Jessica looked alike back then?? :ohdear: So many people say they looked similar.

Also Jessica may have been in their shadows musically but she is an increadibly sucessfull business woman now so I guess it all worked out well for her. I mean she was never a touring force or had more than 1 sucessfull album and her net worth is still 150 Million.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually am so proud of Jessica, where she is now, but I actually do like her music, even though I do agree she was definitely the eternal shadow of Britney and Christina. 

Jessica did have a few bops though, I must admit, most notably Irresistible, With You, I Wanna Love You Forever, I Think I'm In Love With You, Sweetest Sin, and A Public Affair. :tiffcackle:

1 minute ago, Filippo said:

As a Britney fan I usually listen to other "similar" singers but never Jessica, idk why. At the end of the day, she's not worse than Nicki Minaj I guess

honestly to me her music is just kind of bland. She doenst have the star appeal or creative dance music Britney has and whiile she has a great voice and better technique than Christina, its a very bland voice too imo.  + Its clear that they tried to market her as a mix of both of them. Chrisitna was forced to be a Britney 2.0 when she first came out but was allowed to do what she wanted after that. Jessica just allways seemed to not know what to do with her image. I mean her sister had a more creative album than her.

I think Jessica and Britney are quite similar. When you look at old footage of young Jessica, she actually had a big strong voice like Britney did but once again the more nasaly sound was more popular with labels and would sell better. Even Christina admitted during her MasterClass that she has to change her voice and sound more breathy when she sings Genie  In A Bottle. 

I think Jessica would’ve done well if she wasn’t pop, she wouldve been much better in Country or on Broadway because she was very talented singer but let’s face it back in the 00’s no one could compete against Primeney. She was in a league of her own!!

But you gotta give props to Jessica, she has done amazingly in the fashion world. Her clothing line has made over $1 Billion.

12 hours ago, MyQueenBritney said:

I think Jessica and Britney are quite similar. When you look at old footage of young Jessica, she actually had a big strong voice like Britney did but once again the more nasaly sound was more popular with labels and would sell better. Even Christina admitted during her MasterClass that she has to change her voice and sound more breathy when she sings Genie  In A Bottle. 

I think Jessica would’ve done well if she wasn’t pop, she wouldve been much better in Country or on Broadway because she was very talented singer but let’s face it back in the 00’s no one could compete against Primeney. She was in a league of her own!!

But you gotta give props to Jessica, she has done amazingly in the fashion world. Her clothing line has made over $1 Billion.

Bold part: I want to say she did do a country album and she wasn't welcomed by the country community. I vaguely want to say I replied to a Yahoo news story where people were drama queening it up about Jessica's another nail in the coffin for ~traditional~ country music. People act like they can't support what they want to support. I pay very little attention to the country music genre these days. I believe the last song I really took notice of and loved was Johnny Cash's "She Used To Love Me a Lot" and even that one is a few years old now. Nobody's stopping these people from still enjoying Johnny, Reba, George Jones or whoever else they want to support. Of course I also remember the drama queens coming out in full force when you had so many country singers in the 90s crossing over. Like it's the end of the world if Shania and Faith cross over. 

And I love what you said at the bottom of your post. I'm not really into 'stan wars' or anything. I will admit that Jessica and Mandy were overshadowed by Britney and Christina when it concerned their musical careers. But both ladies took their careers in other directions and I can't knock them. They're still successful.

5 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

nowadays Demi Lovato lives behind Selena and Taylor's shadow

not taylor. she is behind ariana and selena. used to be behind miley....

keke palmer is still just as good of a singer as them all and can outdance them. her music is just too urban and she never really fits the pop category if she tried. same reason tinashe has so much trouble. 

Not trying to be rude but that's how almost everyone saw her...a copy of Britney And Christina the first 4 years after she debuted. She was saved by her reality show that year she became famous in America for these Boots were made for walking cover, mtv's Nick and Jessica, her commercials and dukes of Hazzard. Afer that, she became and still is very successful in retail..while very beautiful and successful, she's extremely unoriginal in music. Her best song is her first song I wanna love you forever and the Britney copy Irresistible.

Archived