After Britney, Scarborough will never be the same!

Sil

From 26th,  January
(...)

“We were helped a little by the fact one of Britney’s people happens to have grown up in Leeds, so was already familiar with Scarborough,” says Peter, who received confirmation in December, but had to keep the secret until this week. “But really this is the result of our determination to keep plugging away. We knew we had something great here, we just had to let other people know about it.

Since the Britney announcement, Peter’s phone has rarely stopped ringing. There has been a steady stream of requests for interviews. Most though have been gentle offers from other local businesses keen to get on board the Britney bandwagon.

“We’ve had calls from hotels and B&Bs asking if we need accommodation for the crew, we’ve had restaurants ringing up offering Britney dinner, but you know what, that’s great,” he says. “If the Open Air Theatre is doing well then it should be good for the town as a whole.

“We have also sorted the online box office, and we are braced for tomorrow when the Britney tickets go on sale,” says Peter. “We want to welcome fans from across the UK and abroad, but we have also ringfenced a certain amount of tickets so people from town can walk right up to the venue. :flawlessbye: It’s nice to create that buzz.”

A council spokesman said: “Local bars, restaurants and hotels all benefit from the Open Air Theatre and there has been increased demand for overnight stays. Rooms are filling up fast for the Britney date even before the tickets have gone on general sale.”

Back at the Preston offices of Cuffe and Taylor, Peter’s to-do list is growing fast. There are a few pressing questions like where to park the 20 trucks which will bring the tour to Scarborough and how to satisfy that inevitable rider.

“Actually we have heard Britney’s rider is quite modest,” he says. “It’s funny though, we had a list of requests from Tom Jones’s people, but when he actually got here, all he really wanted was a plate of Scarborough fish and chips. That we can do.”

:brit:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Sil said:

“Actually we have heard Britney’s rider is quite modest,” he says. “It’s funny though, we had a list of requests from Tom Jones’s people, but when he actually got here, all he really wanted was a plate of Scarborough fish and chips. That we can do.”

Yes queen of modesty. She's so effin humble :crying2: 

They just need to take care on what to offer her, here in Brazil the Fazzano Hotel staff was offering "caipirinha" (which is one of the most alcoolic based drink we have) directly to her. As we know, she doesnt drink because well... I dont need to touch this part :brityeah:

People on twitter first made fun of Britney having a show on a "fishing village" but guess what, it's gonna be a night to remember for that small town. Maybe more big artists will be encourage to go there and that can change the whole town's economy for good :mhm:

10 minutes ago, Hungry Hun said:

They just need to take care on what to offer her, here in Brazil the Fazzano Hotel staff was offering "caipirinha" (which is one of the most alcoolic based drink we have) directly to her. As we know, she doesnt drink because well... I dont need to touch this part :brityeah:

People on twitter first made fun of Britney having a show on a "fishing village" but guess what, it's gonna be a night to remember for that small town. Maybe more big artists will be encourage to go there and that can change the whole town's economy for good :mhm:

Britney is honestly going to love the places she is going to on this tour. During the FF tour before her show at the o2 Arena here in London on the 27th of October, she had Scampi, chips and mushy peas at a quaint little fish restaurant on the Thames. She loves to try local delicacies which is why she went out and did so much exploring while she was in Asia.

I'm guessing it's also why she chose to leave a few days in between each show on this tour too. She'll love the fish and chips in Scarborough and I can definitely see her going on a boat trip from the harbour and seeing old castles and stuff. Happy for her tbh. She works for it! :bang:

31 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

Britney is honestly going to love the places she is going to on this tour. During the FF tour before her show at the o2 Arena here in London on the 27th of October, she had Scampi, chips and mushy peas at a quaint little fish restaurant on the Thames. She loves to try local delicacies which is why she went out and did so much exploring while she was in Asia.

I'm guessing it's also why she chose to leave a few days in between each show on this tour too. She'll love the fish and chips in Scarborough and I can definitely see her going on a boat trip from the harbour and seeing old castles and stuff. Happy for her tbh. She works for it! :bang:

That's amazing :bang: Imagine Britney passing by your side while exploring the cities. If she manages to enjoy the places at every stop, she'll fell refresh for another gig

2 minutes ago, Hungry Hun said:

That's amazing :bang: Imagine Britney passing by your side while exploring the cities. If she manages to enjoy the places at every stop, she'll fell refresh for another gig

I think she definitely will! It's a plausible explanation for the tour locations e.g Brighton (Known for it's wacky shops, gorgeous beach line and amazing attractions), Scarborough etc.

She did the same in Asia When she visited Jerusalem and stuff :groovin:

4 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

she better try those hot donuts with sugar on too, damn... i’m not sure if they have them anywhere else but omg... they’re so nice!

Just now, JustLoveBritney said:

she better try those hot donuts with sugar on too, damn... i’m not sure if they have them anywhere else but omg... they’re so nice!

They’re everywhere in England. I live in a little town called Folkestone and we have a couple food vans on the high street market and one of them is a donut vendor! So good :groovin:

7 hours ago, Sil said:

From 26th,  January
(...)

“We were helped a little by the fact one of Britney’s people happens to have grown up in Leeds, so was already familiar with Scarborough,” says Peter, who received confirmation in December, but had to keep the secret until this week. “But really this is the result of our determination to keep plugging away. We knew we had something great here, we just had to let other people know about it.

Since the Britney announcement, Peter’s phone has rarely stopped ringing. There has been a steady stream of requests for interviews. Most though have been gentle offers from other local businesses keen to get on board the Britney bandwagon.

“We’ve had calls from hotels and B&Bs asking if we need accommodation for the crew, we’ve had restaurants ringing up offering Britney dinner, but you know what, that’s great,” he says. “If the Open Air Theatre is doing well then it should be good for the town as a whole.

“We have also sorted the online box office, and we are braced for tomorrow when the Britney tickets go on sale,” says Peter. “We want to welcome fans from across the UK and abroad, but we have also ringfenced a certain amount of tickets so people from town can walk right up to the venue. :flawlessbye: It’s nice to create that buzz.”

A council spokesman said: “Local bars, restaurants and hotels all benefit from the Open Air Theatre and there has been increased demand for overnight stays. Rooms are filling up fast for the Britney date even before the tickets have gone on general sale.”

Back at the Preston offices of Cuffe and Taylor, Peter’s to-do list is growing fast. There are a few pressing questions like where to park the 20 trucks which will bring the tour to Scarborough and how to satisfy that inevitable rider.

To be honest i never heardScarborough before and i live in Europe :tiffcackle:

Archived