This is why I think a huge comeback could be very easy for Britney

jamesedward94

sorry sis, I'm happy you are positive

but

it's not about a song, there are so many amazing songs out there, and they're nowhere to be found on charts... it's all about being relevant, relatable, fresh, fun etc. Britney is just boring, yes she had amazing songs on Glory but there was no idea and no creativity in this album promotional/marketing vise. 

and she is not relevant and relatable in young generation, and she's not relatable for 'old' generation. only audience that cares about her are her gay fans from 2000s, and they are leaving her each day. 

she wont be succesfull anymore. she should just stick to being nostalgic act till she can make money off of it and then retire. really

maybe come back in 15 years with big promotion as a BIG BRITNEY COMEBACK so maybe people will care about her for a minute. but that's all. 

I don't think she will ever have another hit era/single etc. It just ended for her. 

And it;s not a big deal. she had amazing career for 15 years. no many artists can do it that long... she released 9 albums. that's  a big deal. not everyone can be Madonna :imok:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Make Me went up to #1 on iTunes quickly after its release and kept seeing nice increases weeks after, and the song debut and peaked at #17 on the hot 100.

The album is still a flop, no matter how hard u try. XD

BTW, since when a first single peak at #17 is considered a success? Oh yeah, since when she started flopping hard. Lol

1 hour ago, RedCarpet said:

sorry sis, I'm happy you are positive

but

it's not about a song, there are so many amazing songs out there, and they're nowhere to be found on charts... it's all about being relevant, relatable, fresh, fun etc. Britney is just boring, yes she had amazing songs on Glory but there was no idea and no creativity in this album promotional/marketing vise. 

and she is not relevant and relatable in young generation, and she's not relatable for 'old' generation. only audience that cares about her are her gay fans from 2000s, and they are leaving her each day. 

she wont be succesfull anymore. she should just stick to being nostalgic act till she can make money off of it and then retire. really

maybe come back in 15 years with big promotion as a BIG BRITNEY COMEBACK so maybe people will care about her for a minute. but that's all. 

I don't think she will ever have another hit era/single etc. It just ended for her. 

And it;s not a big deal. she had amazing career for 15 years. no many artists can do it that long... she released 9 albums. that's  a big deal. not everyone can be Madonna :imok:

Britney very relevant and relatable to the public

1 hour ago, Lantis said:

The album is still a flop, no matter how hard u try. XD

BTW, since when a first single peak at #17 is considered a success? Oh yeah, since when she started flopping hard. Lol

Never a flop because folks were not checking,  more so her label dropping the ball

That peak is good for some one with a long career and shows that Britney singles can still go high up the charts.  Had radio not dropped the song as digital sales were good, the song would have seen a new peak most likely going top 10.

39 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Never a flop because folks were not checking,  more so her label dropping the ball

That peak is good for some one with a long career and shows that Britney singles can still go high up the charts.  Had radio not dropped the song as digital sales were good, the song would have seen a new peak most likely going top 10.

Yeah, as she is the only one having a long career right? Other artists sell more than her while having an even longer career, should I name Barbara Straisand who also outsold her? Please... she is is just not selling and you will deal. 

If she had control of her music career I think she would be huge again because she knows what she wants and what makes a hit she isn’t stupid :mattafact: 

but its her dumass stupid team team who are keeping her from progressing and come out with statements like ‘it just didn’t work ‘:imok:

they like to think they know what they are doing but they don’t there behind with the times and are just destroying her legacy :beyfedup:

18 hours ago, Urbanney said:

But no, I disagree. If Make Me wasn't successful, then I don't know what will be. Make Me is such a good song and it fit into the trends of the music that was released at the time (so did Slumber Party for that matter), and it had G-Eazy on it who has been more popular than Britney the past year. I think the song had more potential with a better video, but seeing Britney release such good singles last year and them not doing very well, even with performances for Make Me and a great video for Slumber Party, doesn't leave me with a lot of hope.

Eh.

Nobody wants slow music from Britney, sorry. 

The right pop or dance track can see success.

5 hours ago, nels64 said:

This is what I have said since it was scrapped. She was gearing up to have a huge era and she got scared and pulled back. 

I think that video and the VMAs (with the original choreo and probably original plans that were then simplified and scrapped)  would have made the Glory era massive. 

But she realized she wasn’t ready for that amount of attention again and she simplified everything. Kept it more low key and just concentrated on Vegas and the kids. 

This theory actually lines up with David LaChapelle's quote (assuming that it's true) that Britney is "paranoid" and started in the business too young.

True or not, it would make perfect sense that she's paranoid that the fame will be too much and she won't be able to handle the attention...In a way, this theory almost explains her appearance during the FF era. Maybe she really can't handle the pace and pressure and high expectations that come along with a big era? But didn't realize it until FF was already underway? :usher:

31 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

This theory actually lines up with David LaChapelle's quote (assuming that it's true) that Britney is "paranoid" and started in the business too young.

True or not, it would make perfect sense that she's paranoid that the fame will be too much and she won't be able to handle the attention...In a way, this theory almost explains her appearance during the FF era. Maybe she really can't handle the pace and pressure and high expectations that come along with a big era? But didn't realize it until FF was already underway? :usher:

For as long as Britney been inn the business, nobody should be asking if she can handle attention.

9 hours ago, nels64 said:

I mean I also think she was not ready for a FF scale era right after Circus. She was probably not even ready for Circus but it was “necessary” for her comeback. 

I think she definitely needed a break after Circus and not to jump right into a big era after it. She was cleary still figuring out her meds and her routine and I think she definitely needed that time to regroup and really heal. 

But it’s also clear she doesn’t want all the attention anymore. 

But here's what I don't understand...

Why can't they allow her to release albums and do residencies, but market her like they do the greats so she doesn't feel crushed by the pressure?

Prince, Bowie...They put out high quality music until their deaths. Bruce Springsteen continues to put out music, and deliver some of the best tours of his life. But we don't see Bruce doing intensive promo schedules. He gives exclusives, and does promo sparingly, and doesn't share his private life apart from what he chooses to share (e.g. through an autobiography). Janet Jackson and Madonna are also both great examples -- they promote on their own terms, and make appearances on awards shows when they choose to.

Britney's Team market her in such a bizarre way -- always putting her in the same bracket as young up-and-comers and B-list celebrities instead of elevating her and putting her on a pedestal with the A-listers and the greats. It's just so baffling to me. :madonna:

2 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

But here's what I don't understand...

Why can't they allow her to release albums and do residencies, but market her like they do the greats so she doesn't feel crushed by the pressure?

Prince, Bowie...They put out high quality music until their deaths. Bruce Springsteen continues to put out music, and deliver some of the best tours of his life. But we don't see Bruce doing intensive promo schedules. He gives exclusives, and does promo sparingly, and doesn't share his private life apart from what he chooses to share (e.g. through an autobiography). Janet Jackson and Madonna are also both great examples -- they promote on their own terms, and make appearances on awards shows when they choose to.

Britney's Team market her in such a bizarre way -- always putting her in the same bracket as young up-and-comers and B-list celebrities instead of elevating her and putting her on a pedestal with the A-listers and the greats. It's just so baffling to me. :madonna:

A lot of this has to do with Britney though. Look at how she CRINGES every time someone brags about her success or calls her a legend. I believe Fe was right when she said that Britney has doubts about herself as an artist and doesn’t think she’s very good.

5 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

A lot of this has to do with Britney though. Look at how she CRINGES every time someone brags about her success or calls her a legend. I believe Fe was right when she said that Britney has doubts about herself as an artist and doesn’t think she’s very good.

Considering she gets bashed literally all the time I don’t blame her

however by having Yes-people around her it won’t really make her situation better tbh

someone needs to sit her down and have a long conversation about vocal and dance coaches, and why she donuts herself etc etc, cuz when she is on fire, NO ONE does it better than her 

Archived