This is why I think a huge comeback could be very easy for Britney

jamesedward94

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree. The issue isn't her music (although it's part of it, but it's reaaally not the main problem here).

Im sorry in advance if what i'll say may be harsh but at this point i can't be nice anymore. The problem is her image and her motivation but that goes with it. She's just not interesting and boring. That's all. Sorry to break it to you but she's a hasbeen now. Taylor swift could release a song singing "lalalalalalalalalalala" the whole thing it would still be a hit, so your comparison is invalid. Britney is not a IT girl that people want to care about anymore and it won't happen again, these times are OVER for her and a huge comeback is simply not possible, plus it's obvious she doesn't even want it. She could regain some success tho but that would require to totally change her image, rework everything and give 100% into what she's doing. She needs to be more mature for once, stop being so shallow and acting like a oversexualized 15yo teenage girl with nothing in the brain, but like the 36yo woman that she is. Show that she cares about what she's doing, make interesting interviews, documentaries etc.. Instead of things like stupid skit like the one with Ellen on the mall that only reinforce her image of a stupid blonde or cheesy IABJ type of documentary. And stop being like "it's very cool, fun and ideal", but talk about her songs, her album, what they mean, how it happened etc. With actual words. Just be more serious, mature and invested/interested about it. I don't know just show that she's not an empty shell looking pretty because im sorry but most her interviews and appearances are simply inconsistent.

Her image on stage is important too. She either needs to start singing live and prerecorded or move her *** big time and give outstanding choreos and visual performances (or both). No one is here for armographies and lipsyncing. And don't tell me she always lip synced etc.. Times are different now. It's just not acceptable anymore and in the past at least she danced her *** off. People won't care about her until she stops being a robot on stage. She needs to interact with the audience too, make it feel more real, intimate and as if she was approachable.

And everything regarding her image, like stop making deals with cheap brands, appear on cheap tv shows, etc. And important hire a ******* professional to look decent. 

Once her image will be cleaned out and reworked, any decent song could reach decent success with promotion BUT only if she works on her image first. Only way to come back into the light is at least to be interesting to people so they have curiosity to listen to your music and watch your videos. It's not the case for her right now. They simple don't care about her and people still wont be interested in Britney if she still doesn't care herself about her work, doesn't have words to talk about it, doesn't sing, shows up like she just wokeup etc.. She could have the best song in the world if people dont even  give a damn about her it'll still be the same. She needs to find a way to attract people again which is stop being so childish, boring and predictable in the first place.

1 hour ago, Caroline77 said:

I disagree. The issue isn't her music (although it's part of it, but it's reaaally not the main problem here).

Im sorry in advance if what i'll say may be harsh but at this point i can't be nice anymore. The problem is her image and her motivation but that goes with it. She's just not interesting and boring. That's all. Sorry to break it to you but she's a hasbeen now. Taylor swift could release a song singing "lalalalalalalalalalala" the whole thing it would still be a hit, so your comparison is invalid. Britney is not a IT girl that people want to care about anymore and it won't happen again, these times are OVER for her and a huge comeback is simply not possible, plus it's obvious she doesn't even want it. She could regain some success tho but that would require to totally change her image, rework everything and give 100% into what she's doing. She needs to be more mature for once, stop being so shallow and acting like a oversexualized 15yo teenage girl with nothing in the brain, but like the 36yo woman that she is. Show that she cares about what she's doing, make interesting interviews, documentaries etc.. Instead of things like stupid skit like the one with Ellen on the mall that only reinforce her image of a stupid blonde or cheesy IABJ type of documentary. And stop being like "it's very cool, fun and ideal", but talk about her songs, her album, what they mean, how it happened etc. With actual words. Just be more serious, mature and invested/interested about it. I don't know just show that she's not an empty shell looking pretty because im sorry but most her interviews and appearances are simply inconsistent.

Her image on stage is important too. She either needs to start singing live and prerecorded or move her *** big time and give outstanding choreos and visual performances (or both). No one is here for armographies and lipsyncing. And don't tell me she always lip synced etc.. Times are different now. It's just not acceptable anymore and in the past at least she danced her *** off. People won't care about her until she stops being a robot on stage. She needs to interact with the audience too, make it feel more real, intimate and as if she was approachable.

And everything regarding her image, like stop making deals with cheap brands, appear on cheap tv shows, etc. And important hire a ******* professional to look decent. 

Once her image will be cleaned out and reworked, any decent song could reach decent success with promotion BUT only if she works on her image first. Only way to come back into the light is at least to be interesting to people so they have curiosity to listen to your music and watch your videos. It's not the case for her right now. They simple don't care about her and people still wont be interested in Britney if she still doesn't care herself about her work, doesn't have words to talk about it, doesn't sing, shows up like she just wokeup etc.. She could have the best song in the world if people dont even  give a damn about her it'll still be the same. She needs to find a way to attract people again which is stop being so childish, boring and predictable in the first place.

Everything you've said here is true.

She needs a re-brand.

Miley just did it. So it is possible with the Team she already has. But she needs it fast, before too much more damage to her image is done.

15 hours ago, balmainxcx said:

truth tea: i don't believe she can have a comeback. she hasn't made headlines in ten years, avoids effort when dancing, uses large amounts of autotune which is generally hated by the gp now, looks nothing like her prime self, puts very little effort into most things regarding her career, big producers and artists avoid working with her, she shys away from doing any world tours due to hating being on the road which is an obvious part of being a singer/celebrity and she generally never sings live which is also very much looked down upon with the general public. the gp loves artists like adele and beyonce because their voices are incredible. if britney wasn't famous she wouldn't get a record deal with the voice she has now. she only has a deal because of her past accomplishments. 

You are so incorrect 

She still makes headlines, dances and people still check for her

i don't know if this is gonna happen but sooner or later Britney will get her image changed. her team loves money and they won't stop milking her. they know she isn't getting any younger and putting a matured woman on stage to dance like a teenager probably will not work anymore in the future. they will keep milking her to the very last cent even if that means she has to sing live and completely re-brand herself. 

11 minutes ago, Ryan Godspeed said:

i don't know if this is gonna happen but sooner or later Britney will get her image changed. her team loves money and they won't stop milking her. they know she isn't getting any younger and putting a matured woman on stage to dance like a teenager probably will not work anymore in the future. they will keep milking her to the very last cent even if that means she has to sing live and completely re-brand herself. 

She doesn't dance like a teenager and her image is fine

32 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

She doesn't dance like a teenager and her image is fine

This "she's 36" excuse makes no sense when Janet, Beyonce, JLo, and many others are around her age or older and are still dancing. Britney is lazy and doesn't want to put in effort. Her age has nothing to do with it.

I think the problem just lies with how Britney sees her career. She's happy with how it is now because she gets the breaks that she wants and gets to be with her family which she didn't get when she was younger. I obviously don't know her but I think she has a mental block so to speak where she believes that giving it 100% would mean too much fame for her again and she wouldn't be able to handle it. A big success is always there for Britney because of her past legacy and the fact that people get unnaturally obsessed with her(they always have been and they always will be). Even if it's just something small like the podcast posted the other day they heighten the level of her every move and word. If she committed to dancing, performing and releasing like she used to they would probably explode. 

Archived