This is why I think a huge comeback could be very easy for Britney

jamesedward94

1 hour ago, nels64 said:

I think it’s because Britney isn’t yet sure. I think she still wants to do one big era so she can leave on a high-note and then semi-retire and just put out albums and sit back in Vegas with little to no promo. But again, I think she keeps chickening out like she did with WB (desert performance anyone) and again with MM.

But I think before that happens her music needs to evolve a lot more and her record label needs to ******* STOP with the pitched up vocals. 

29 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

A lot of this has to do with Britney though. Look at how she CRINGES every time someone brags about her success or calls her a legend. I believe Fe was right when she said that Britney has doubts about herself as an artist and doesn’t think she’s very good.

It sounds like there's some "imposter syndrome" going on there.

On top of that, Britney probably hears "number one" and associates it with a crazy work schedule and tons of pressure to do promo performances and talk shows. Which she's not mentally ready for.

I just don't get why they don't market her like Bruce Springsteen or Barbra Streisand...Barbra had stage freight for years and wouldn't do live performances. Yet she still debuts at #1 on the charts. She's obviously doing something right when it comes to marketing her brand...Britney's Team really needs to transition her away from the younger audiences and aim for an older crowd. It would give her new ways to promote that don't rely on cheap awards shows and late night talk shows.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

A lot of this has to do with Britney though. Look at how she CRINGES every time someone brags about her success or calls her a legend. I believe Fe was right when she said that Britney has doubts about herself as an artist and doesn’t think she’s very good.

Or most likely Britney is not pretentious like a few other celebs who will remain unnamed

2 hours ago, nels64 said:

I think it’s because Britney isn’t yet sure. I think she still wants to do one big era so she can leave on a high-note and then semi-retire and just put out albums and sit back in Vegas with little to no promo. But again, I think she keeps chickening out like she did with WB (desert performance anyone) and again with MM.

But I think before that happens her music needs to evolve a lot more and her record label needs to ******* STOP with the pitched up vocals. 

Evolve as in boring, overly serious dull music

11 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

It sounds like there's some "imposter syndrome" going on there.

On top of that, Britney probably hears "number one" and associates it with a crazy work schedule and tons of pressure to do promo performances and talk shows. Which she's not mentally ready for.

I just don't get why they don't market her like Bruce Springsteen or Barbra Streisand...Barbra had stage freight for years and wouldn't do live performances. Yet she still debuts at #1 on the charts. She's obviously doing something right when it comes to marketing her brand...Britney's Team really needs to transition her away from the younger audiences and aim for an older crowd. It would give her new ways to promote that don't rely on cheap awards shows and late night talk shows.

Britney audience is fine

Most are in their 20's and 30's

She has fans of all ages

1 hour ago, nels64 said:

No of course not! I just mean she needs to stop with the chipmunk voice and overly pitched up songs and maybe sing more about things that aren’t just *** or meeting at the club which she doesn’t even go to anymore. 

Look at say Marina and the Diamonds or someone like that. Music is still super fun but it has more depth. Look at the music Britney writes herself, it always has some more depth. 

I think they actually need to let her have more control. They can still have sick beats and upbeat songs. But just let them be more mature. Let her showcase her vocal abilities so everyone can stop saying she can’t sing. Glory was a step in the right direction but it still felt safe and like her team were still afraid of making a huge plunge. 

I think it’s clear with BJ and Glory that trying to stay in the same pop mold isn’t going to “safely” sell anymore and they might as well take risks and think outside the box because staying safe isn’t really serving them either. 

She doesn't sing about the club

54 minutes ago, nels64 said:

?????

She doesn’t say the word club exactly in many songs. But the setting of most of those songs are implied to be at the club or after the club. 

HIAM, TTWE, Slave, MATM, Make Me (from the bar to the car), If I’m Dancing, Pretty Girls, Body Ache, How I Roll, Up N’ Down. 

I can go on. But besides that they’re mostly about just finding a guy and wanting to have ***. I think she can sing about other stuff. 

What other stuff?

Not sure about one of the best pop videos...bit of a reach.  A major comeback isnt likely. She just doesn't have the impact or star power like she used too. We have been making  Ourselfs delusional waiting for britney to make a comeback and "slay" since 2011 there is so many pop stars in this generation that interest people today.  Britney is fading.  Its the sad truth.   She had the chance with BJ...and even glory...and it failed.  

20 minutes ago, nels64 said:

Idk about the state of the world, about her little sister, about being followed, about feeling in a low place and recovering, about other love subjects that aren’t *** or meeting eyes and wanting to ****. 

Maybe sweet reasons she fell in love instead if meeting eyes and thinking he’s hot. Maybe about her hometown or LA. About her divorce. About broken memories, about her dreams, literally about anything that isn’t *** or feeling *****. 

She has songs singing about other stuff too

11 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

But here's what I don't understand...

Why can't they allow her to release albums and do residencies, but market her like they do the greats so she doesn't feel crushed by the pressure?

Prince, Bowie...They put out high quality music until their deaths. Bruce Springsteen continues to put out music, and deliver some of the best tours of his life. But we don't see Bruce doing intensive promo schedules. He gives exclusives, and does promo sparingly, and doesn't share his private life apart from what he chooses to share (e.g. through an autobiography). Janet Jackson and Madonna are also both great examples -- they promote on their own terms, and make appearances on awards shows when they choose to.

Britney's Team market her in such a bizarre way -- always putting her in the same bracket as young up-and-comers and B-list celebrities instead of elevating her and putting her on a pedestal with the A-listers and the greats. It's just so baffling to me. :madonna:

Wow you are so right :urite:

Its true though those people can still sell albums and do successful world tours without the heavy promo. Look at Madonna she chooses what she does and has done for a long time, with MDNA she chose not to do much promo for it because she wanted to focus on her kids and her Film W.E. Yet the album was still a hit and her tour was the highest grossing. It’s all about the brand and marketing with Britney which her team are useless at. 

She needs to re-invent herself massively Sing with her real voice, and sing live and her sound needs to be more mature most her fans are 20-30’s anyway and she can still appeal to a younger crowd at the same time. She doesn’t need to be singing about clubbing and *** all the time. And try new sounds experiment forget what’s out there right now and do it cause we know she can. 

One of many issues with the Glory era was the MM Disney style MV. Streaming is critical to BB chart formula. MM had no replay value, actually it had no play value for most of the GP. For Brit to get a top 20 with little to no streaming counts is a sign that MM was handled badly. 

The biggest thing Brit needs to do is sing live, not even 100% live, just take us back to the Onyx days where if you’re going to dance hard (IF being the key word) turn the playback up. If you’re singing a ballad, sing it live! It’s better to have haters say her vocals were bad than to say “She lip syncs”, the lip syncing brings an element of falseness to Britney’s career. It makes people angry/ turned off when she lips to 1999 CD vocals. 

However, the GP are gullible and as Beyoncé shows, if you just pre record a half decent live vocal and scream occasionally into the mic, the GP will think it’s live. It’s very simple. 

The blame doesn’t just sit with Britney though, her label invested millions into JT’s radio campaign for whatever Era had that “Mirrors” song. If her label spent half as much on Britney as they did JT, she’d have a big era chart wise. Dare I say it but maybe throw in a few generic FF bops on the album too?

I don’t agree with a lot of the posters on here that Britney can never have a successful era again. The GP and media basically buried Mariah’s career in the early 2000’s and then came ‘The Emancipation of Mimi’. 

Britney should record an album with a concoction of INZ/ FF sounds, mature but still a few party/ radio hits. Sing SOME of her OWN songs live, aggressive promo plan, good MV’s. If she’s not in the mood to do an interview, just don’t do it (Taylor has proved you don’t need to do interviews and so has Britney during Blackout/ Circus). 

A successful era is possible but only if things change

I think Britney could have another hit if she really wanted to -- all the right stuff would have to align, and she'd have to really care -- but she's a legend and people love her, so it's always a possibility once you're in that category.

RE the Slumber Party video -- ugh, I hate to say this (because it is an amazing video on the whole), her face looks really bad in the first few shots and ruined it. IMO that's why it never went viral -- she looks hot later in the video, but people probably turned it off after they saw the beginning.

The fact is, when you start a new era, you've got to aim very high to get a decent outcome, expecially these days... There are a lot of competitors for her and her name alone is not going to take her singles to the first place just by her name alone. We saw how Glory charted... If she is not willing to be fully involved in promoting her crafts, she is just not going to chart well and the next era will just fail as the previous ones.

42 minutes ago, woabritney said:

I think Britney could have another hit if she really wanted to -- all the right stuff would have to align, and she'd have to really care -- but she's a legend and people love her, so it's always a possibility once you're in that category.

RE the Slumber Party video -- ugh, I hate to say this (because it is an amazing video on the whole), her face looks really bad in the first few shots and ruined it. IMO that's why it never went viral -- she looks hot later in the video, but people probably turned it off after they saw the beginning.

The Slumber Party video was well recieved

You and a couple of others were focused on her face

37 minutes ago, Lantis said:

The fact is, when you start a new era, you've got to aim very high to get a decent outcome, expecially these days... There are a lot of competitors for her and her name alone is not going to take her singles to the first place just by her name alone. We saw how Glory charted... If she is not willing to be fully involved in promoting her crafts, she is just not going to chart well and the next era will just fail as the previous ones.

She promoted Glory

RCA dropped the ball

Archived