This is why I think a huge comeback could be very easy for Britney

jamesedward94

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/12/2017 at 11:52 AM, balmainxcx said:

truth tea: i don't believe she can have a comeback. she hasn't made headlines in ten years, avoids effort when dancing, uses large amounts of autotune which is generally hated by the gp now, looks nothing like her prime self, puts very little effort into most things regarding her career, big producers and artists avoid working with her, she shys away from doing any world tours due to hating being on the road which is an obvious part of being a singer/celebrity and she generally never sings live which is also very much looked down upon with the general public. the gp loves artists like adele and beyonce because their voices are incredible. if britney wasn't famous she wouldn't get a record deal with the voice she has now. she only has a deal because of her past accomplishments. 

My boyfriend is a professional theatre/drama teaches who teaches technical vocal singing. According to him, and most people in his industry (he works with Big stage shows and is friends with a lot of voice coaches, producers, etc in the theatre industry), Britney has a better voice and more technically proficient voice than both Adele and Beyoncé. 

I sat at a Christmas party for the Sydney Theatre Company a few weeks back and listened to a conversation where nearly everyone in the room bagged the **** out of Adele and vocal technique. They said young artists now try and imitate her singing because they want to be like her and think she’s good, but people in the industry disagree.

An artist who has proper technique should never get vocal nodules. Damaging your vocal cords is due to being a poor singer and not using your voice correctly. A singer should sing daily and not “rest their voice” between performances.

I asked what they thought of Britney, and most said, whilst she didn’t have a strong voice, it is layered and with proper vocal training, she should be able to sing live if she wanted too.

Just my two cents about her not being able to sing like them. The GP is just stupid. A comeback is easy. Everyone seems to think she’s over, but tbh, Glory didn’t perform that badly. It got a top 20 singles with little promo and the album still sold over 100k first week. For a 9th album and no promo, I’m sure her team is happy. Private Show also got top 10 on iTunes. It should’ve been released with a video as a promo single. They waited too long for SP and the hype died down, plus it wasn’t a song she had even been promoting like PS and DYWCO? 

Archived