Reasons why the 3rd Glory single did NOT happen!

Stifler's Mom

I personally believe it's still her label fault for not caring enough at some extent. even Kesha get's better promo and her label is just money hungry :imok:

So knowing all the drama before, did the label canceled the third single cause they spent most of the budget with LaChapelle and Glory didn't sold out as much as maybe expected or... ? what do you believe it might be the reason? :ineedthetruth:

Regardless, i'm still shocked how her label puts so many dumb sponsers on the MV when she's actually rich to pay all the expenses. Look at taylor swift, completely CLEAN of any propaganda.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because her fans wanted Slumber Party but it charted lower than Perfume :mattafact:

In Slumber Party's defense, it wasn't even properly released as a single, they just released the videoclip, replaced the original version with Tinashe's in all the digital platforms, and much later they released that Remixes EP that didn't even include the standard version. So it was all very messy, but still, that "sleeper hit" never woke up, because it was a very bad choice. :imok:

3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Because her fans wanted Slumber Party but it charted lower than Perfume :mattafact:

In Slumber Party's defense, it wasn't even properly released as a single, they just released the videoclip, replaced the original version with Tinashe's in all the digital platforms, and much later they released that Remixes EP that didn't even include the standard version. So it was all very messy, but still, that "sleeper hit" never woke up, because it was a very bad choice. :imok:

it's not our fault that people have tragic taste, I bet if it was rihanna it would sell... there's more underneath cause she slayed the music video and I do think SP it's the best song on the album, it had everything to chart... i'll never understand :imok:

7 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

3 minutes ago, Stifler's Mom said:

it's not our fault that people have tragic taste, I bet if it was rihanna it would sell... there's more underneath cause she slayed the music video and I do think SP it's the best song on the album, it had everything to chart... i'll never understand :imok:

Can y’all understand it isn’t 2011 anymore? Britney’s comeback hype is over. If she wants a hit, she needs to promote and slay a performance with exceptional choreography and stage presence. She didn’t perform Slumber Party anywhere. Adding Tinashe was unnecessary. A flop was imminent. :kyliecry:

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

Can y’all understand it isn’t 2011 anymore? Britney’s comeback hype is over. If she wants a hit, she needs to promote and slay a performance with exceptional choreography and stage presence. She didn’t perform Slumber Party anywhere. Adding Tinashe was unnecessary. A flop was imminent. :kyliecry:

well you do have a point you're right, **** this **** and **** pom

?width=365&version=3182689

Just now, Stifler's Mom said:

well you do have a point you're right, **** this **** and **** pom

?width=365&version=3182689

Like could she have stopped riding that Persian **** for a minute and just performed at the AMA’s or even Victoria’s Secret show? Glory is literally perfect for a Victoria’s Secret show and her with all the new lingerie costumes... and all she would have to do is be Walkney for 2 songs but she can’t even do that. :kyliecry:

58 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

If she wanted a hit she would record with Max Martin again, but she won't. If she wants the song to sell by itself, it has to be generic, with a nice videoclip, like IWG or S&S.

Slumber Party is a nice song, but it's always sounded to me just like an album track, since the very beginning. @Stifler's Mom says if it was Rihanna, it would sell. Of course it would, because Rihanna. Britney isn't in that position where she can release whatever she wants and it will be a hit.

She needs to start making those hits with Max Martin to be on the radar again, or anyone as effective as him, and MAYBE then she can release these odd singles without being afraid that they're gonna scrap the whole  era just because one single flops. Or she needs a record label willing to afford these singles knowing beforehand they're exactly the opposite of what the average person would expect from Britney Spears and most likely won't sell that much, but she has to do it for her "artistry" or for the fans, or because she wants to, and won't punish any other potential single she has in store.

The obvious single to me was Do You Wanna Come Over?, and other great choices would've been Better, Liar, Man on the Moon (as a cheesy second single) and even Change Your Mind, which is not my favorite, but I see the potential. Now, had they been brave enough to release something really, really different that would raise everybody's eyebrows, something like Private Show would've worked if it was managed properly. If they were selling a fragrance named after the song, or the other way around, whatever was the case, the least they could've done was sell the two together as a package, and maybe PS would've charted a little bit, and it would've been more effective as a promotional single before the album, with an extended version of that amazing ad serving as the videoclip.

At this point I don't think any promo could work for a Britney single anymore. I mean, not the traditional promo we wanted for years, like live performances and such. She needs other ways to promote her music, with ads, deals with sponsors, tv commercials, something that goes viral, a videoclip with a famous actor, I don't know. Before SP I thought a great videoclip was enough to do the trick, but it showed us that or either they've let too much time pass without a hit, or three lame videoclips in a row (Perfume, Pretty Girls and Make Me...) have really damaged her image. And I'm convinced the problem wasn't the residency, because if those videos/singles were done properly, she could still have a strong presence in the music scene despite spending her last 4 years in Vegas.

9 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

If she wanted a hit she would record with Max Martin again, but she won't. If she wants the song to sell by itself, it has to be generic, with a nice videoclip, like IWG or S&S.

Slumber Party is a nice song, but it's always sounded to me just like an album track, since the very beginning. @Stifler's Mom says if it was Rihanna, it would sell. Of course it would, because Rihanna. Britney isn't in that position where she can release whatever she wants and it will be a hit.

She needs to start making those hits with Max Martin to be on the radar again, or anyone as effective as him, and MAYBE then she can release these odd singles without being afraid that they're gonna scrap the whole  era just because one single flops. Or she needs a record label willing to afford these singles knowing beforehand they're exactly the opposite of what the average person would expect from Britney Spears and most likely won't sell that much, but she has to do it for her "artistry" or for the fans, or because she wants to, and won't punish any other potential single she has in store.

The obvious single to me was Do You Wanna Come Over?, and other great choices would've been Better, Liar, Man on the Moon (as a cheesy second single) and even Change Your Mind, which is not my favorite, but I see the potential. Now, had they been brave enough to release something really, really different that would raise everybody's eyebrows, something like Private Show would've worked if it was managed properly. If they were selling a fragrance named after the song, or the other way around, whatever was the case, the least they could've done was sell the two together as a package, and maybe PS would've charted a little bit, and it would've been more effective as a promotional single before the album, with an extended version of that amazing ad serving as the videoclip.

At this point I don't think any promo could work for a Britney single anymore. I mean, not the traditional promo we wanted for years, like live performances and such. She needs other ways to promote her music, with ads, deals with sponsors, tv commercials, something that goes viral, a videoclip with a famous actor, I don't know. Before SP I thought a great videoclip was enough to do the trick, but it showed us that or either they've let too much time pass without a hit, or three lame videoclips in a row (Perfume, Pretty Girls and Make Me...) have really damaged her image. And I'm convinced the problem wasn't the residency, because if those videos/singles were done properly, she could still have a strong presence in the music scene despite spending her last 4 years in Vegas.

Max Martin does not produce hits anymore.

About the only big hit Max has produced for the past pop girl album cycles has been Side To Side and that was essentially Slumber Party, just a little more uptempo.

Britney can not sell a single by her name alone and a music video anymore, the hype from her Circus comeback fizzled after Femme Fatale failed to keep a straight path. Case in point: Work *****. Britney didn’t promote ****, and even with a bomb video the song went nowhere. And this came only a year after Scream & Shout, which was pushed towards the masses thanks to the X Factor.

The label does not scrap anything. They had plans for Glory to go 4-5 singles deep. Britney just gives up after the first single. She’s lazy with promotion. She doesn’t care past the bare minimum.

Guest Arckangel
15 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

The label does not scrap anything. They had plans for Glory to go 4-5 singles deep. Britney just gives up after the first single. She’s lazy with promotion. She doesn’t care past the bare minimum.

Where did you get that info from? Felicia once told a fan the music industry has changed and that's why Glory only had 2 singles (not quite true as several more singles could have been released).

17 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

Where did you get that info from? Felicia once told a fan the music industry has changed and that's why Glory only had 2 singles (not quite true as several more singles could have been released).

Felicia is full of it, just like Larry and the rest of them. They mislead us all the time. We can’t even trust her own team.

An RCA exec had a listening session of the album in Summer of 2016 and I quote:

“Britney’s really working on a fantastic record. I’ve heard about four or five songs that I think are just going to be big hits for her.”

http://popcrush.com/rca-britney-spears-single-coming-summer-2016/

The label clearly believed in her. And why wouldn’t they? Why would the label want Britney Spears to flop when Justin Timberlake and P!nk are scoring consistent hits? The album was great, trendy, fun, etc.

Britney just drops the ball and it’s extremely frustrating.

Guest Arckangel
27 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

The obvious single to me was Do You Wanna Come Over?, and other great choices would've been Better, Liar, Man on the Moon (as a cheesy second single) and even Change Your Mind, which is not my favorite, but I see the potential.

Slumber Party was perfect as a second single: very nice song, cool complicity w/ Tinashe, and the music video generated quite some Illuminati controversy (more exposure, even though it may make an artist lose some fans). Man on the Moon? No... But it'd fit a Disney soundtrack or a similar type of record (and someone should have coached her better for her French lines).

I would have released Just Like Me because of the storytelling, and then Liar (as a sort of continuation), followed by Love Me Down (lighter lyrics, but killer bass). Better and Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés) would have been great singles, but Britney's never released up to seven singles from an album, and priority must be given to standard edition tracks.

Archived