Reasons why the 3rd Glory single did NOT happen!

Stifler's Mom

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Glory” was a solid album release for Britney I just feel it underperformed because Team Britney did not promote it well enough and not enough effort was made to create a proper album campaign in order to give it longevity. We needed 4 singles and a full on promotional tour; instead she promoted the album at the start and then continued with her Piece Of Me show, thus not creating enough awareness of the album to the general public. Britney needs to stop just relying on her core fan base! 

5 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

This forum is delusional. Slumber Party was an AWFUL second single. Britney Spears should never in her life release two midtempos in a row. NOBODY LISTENS TO BRITNEY FOR SLOW SONGS. I understand fans thinking people “want a different side” but Britney is NOT an artist ANYONE takes seriously!!!!! She doesn’t sing!!!! Her mid tempo performances are AWKWARD TRASH!!!! 

Love Me Down, Do You Wanna Come Over, Clumsy and Better were the ONLY options she had after Make Me underperformed. Even If I’m Dancing or Liar, but Britney never releases Deluxe tracks. Everything else was destined to flop, especially with no promo. 

But beyond the GP, if Britney wanted to release something, she would. Ariana, Beyoncé, Justin, everyone keeps releasing 4,5,6 videos even if the era is “done”. Britney is lazy.

:wigsnatched:

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

This is what has always frustrated me. If they believed so much in this album, they would've pushed for a third single, despite Britney not wanting to promote, which in this era wasn't even the case. She did the VMA's, she went to those radio festivals, she went to the UK and also performed there. I mean, those promo performances weren't effective at all, but technically she promoted her two singles so this time around it wasn't like BJ.

After their performance on the charts and sales, it is understandable the label would scrap any future singles, after all the money they invested especially with the original MM video. Well, it WOULD be understandable if the rest of the tracks all sounded just like Make Me... or Slumber Party, and there was no point in keep trying with more of the same. But if they knew there were other songs that were totally different, with the hit potential, I mean this exec talked about 4 or 5 songs, then why give up? Even in the hypothetical case Britney refused to shoot a videoclip, which sounds totally unbelievable to me, they could've released a third single, sent it to the radio, it would've flopped most likely, but at least they would've shown they actually cared and believed in Glory.

But she didn’t hun. It may look like a lot, but that’s only because she gave us nothing at all during the Britney Jean era.

Glory Promo:

VMA’s - Make Me

Jonathan Ross - Make Me

TODAY Show - Make Me / DYWCO

And that was it... everything else: iHeartRadio, Apple Music, the Radio Festivals, etc. were all Vegas oriented. She performed the mini POM show at almost every other opportunity. At the VMA’s instead of doing an album medley (her album was out that weekend), she performed G-Eazy’s song (that she wasn’t even featured on) instead.

6 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

This forum is delusional. Slumber Party was an AWFUL second single. Britney Spears should never in her life release two midtempos in a row. NOBODY LISTENS TO BRITNEY FOR SLOW SONGS. I understand fans thinking people “want a different side” but Britney is NOT an artist ANYONE takes seriously!!!!! She doesn’t sing!!!! Her mid tempo performances are AWKWARD TRASH!!!! 

Love Me Down, Do You Wanna Come Over, Clumsy and Better were the ONLY options she had after Make Me underperformed. Even If I’m Dancing or Liar, but Britney never releases Deluxe tracks. Everything else was destined to flop, especially with no promo. 

But beyond the GP, if Britney wanted to release something, she would. Ariana, Beyoncé, Justin, everyone keeps releasing 4,5,6 videos even if the era is “done”. Britney is lazy.

I believe they released MM and Slumber Party because they were two songs that they could depend on other artists' fan bases to promote or which benefitted other RCA artists in some way (G-Eazy and Tinashe).

After Britney botched the promo for BJ, her record company likely lost all confidence in her. So, they're devising promo plans where they can lean on other artists' fan bases instead of Britney herself. Just look at the timeline:

(Conservatorship temporary)

"Womanizer" - Britney

Circus" - Britney

(Conservatorship made permanent)

"If U Seek Amy" - Britney

"3" - Britney

"Hold It Against Me" - Britney (trouble on set of the video, body double/scenes edited to disguise lack of motivation)

"Till the World Ends" - Britney (trouble on set of the video, body double)

"Till the World Ends" (Remix) - Nicki Minaj, Kesha (performances focused around Nicki)

"I Wanna Go" - Britney (around this time Jason Trawick becomes the outward face of the Britney brand)

"S&M" (remix) - Rihanna

"Criminal" - Jason Trawick

"Ooh La La" - Smurfs

"Scream & Shout" - will.i.am (around this time will.i.am becomes the outward face of the Britney brand)

"Work *****" - Britney (trouble on set of the video, scenes cut)

"Perfume" - Britney (scenes cut, director angry)

"Pretty Girls" - Iggy Azalea

"Tom's Diner" - Giorgio Moroder

"Make Me..." - G-Eazy (trouble on set of the video, video unreleased)

"Make Me..." - G-Eazy (VMA performance focused on G-Eazy)

"Slumber Party" - Tinashe

We can even see it in what promo Britney did do for Glory -- she's highly inconsistent. For example, she was like a dead fish for James Corden, but has the ability to deliver hilarious comedy bits like with Neil Patrick Harris.

Until Britney starts turning out consistent promotional appearances and performances, I have a feeling RCA is going to continue to hide her away in Vegas where it isn't so evident that her interest in her career rises and falls by the day.

At the end of the day, the music business is all about money -- follow the money, and you have answers as to why RCA and Britney's Team do what they do.

1 hour ago, umr3000 said:

“Glory” was a solid album release for Britney I just feel it underperformed because Team Britney did not promote it well enough and not enough effort was made to create a proper album campaign in order to give it longevity. We needed 4 singles and a full on promotional tour; instead she promoted the album at the start and then continued with her Piece Of Me show, thus not creating enough awareness of the album to the general public. Britney needs to stop just relying on her core fan base! 

We have a winner. :wigsnatched:

RCA wanted more singles. They had faith in Britney to sell well. Which is not the case anymore because of the lack of quality and promo.

Why put money into someone that doesn't care.

And no matter how good the song it will flop without a very high quality and involved Britney. 

Britney's music never sold itself and it never will. 

I hate that Slumber Party gets listed as a reason there was no third single. Any second single would've flopped because they waited too long to release a single, didn't promote anything, and added an unnecessary feature while scrubbing the internet of the original version which will never make any sense. They did all of this knowing that Make Me barely got any radio play. So Britney is at fault 100% but so is her label and her team. Why did they continue pushing Make Me when they saw it wasn't doing anything on the radio? They could've easily rushed a second single before the album came out. They did everything last minute. As I said before if Make me wasn't ready for the BBMAs and I'm not sure why they would put that song in with that performance because there wouldn't be any live singing then they should've picked another lead single ie Do You Wanna Come Over, Love me Down, or Better. They killed the momentum right then and there. Then they brought it back just to kill it again with the video cancellation. They've been wasting single potential ever since the Circus album and it just keeps getting worse. 

Guest Arckangel
4 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I believe they released MM and Slumber Party because they were two songs that they could depend on other artists' fan bases to promote or which benefitted other RCA artists in some way (G-Eazy and Tinashe).

After Britney botched the promo for BJ, her record company likely lost all confidence in her. So, they're devising promo plans where they can lean on other artists' fan bases instead of Britney herself. Just look at the timeline:

(Conservatorship temporary)

"Womanizer" - Britney

Circus" - Britney

(Conservatorship made permanent)

"If U Seek Amy" - Britney

"3" - Britney

"Hold It Against Me" - Britney (trouble on set of the video, body double/scenes edited to disguise lack of motivation)

"Till the World Ends" - Britney (trouble on set of the video, body double)

"Till the World Ends" (Remix) - Nicki Minaj, Kesha (performances focused around Nicki)

"I Wanna Go" - Britney (around this time Jason Trawick becomes the outward face of the Britney brand)

"S&M" (remix) - Rihanna

"Criminal" - Jason Trawick

"Ooh La La" - Smurfs

"Scream & Shout" - will.i.am (around this time will.i.am becomes the outward face of the Britney brand)

"Work *****" - Britney (trouble on set of the video, scenes cut)

"Perfume" - Britney (scenes cut, director angry)

"Pretty Girls" - Iggy Azalea

"Tom's Diner" - Giorgio Moroder

"Make Me..." - G-Eazy (trouble on set of the video, video unreleased)

"Make Me..." - G-Eazy (VMA performance focused on G-Eazy)

"Slumber Party" - Tinashe

We can even see it in what promo Britney did do for Glory -- she's highly inconsistent. For example, she was like a dead fish for James Corden, but has the ability to deliver hilarious comedy bits like with Neil Patrick Harris.

Until Britney starts turning out consistent promotional appearances and performances, I have a feeling RCA is going to continue to hide her away in Vegas where it isn't so evident that her interest in her career rises and falls by the day.

At the end of the day, the music business is all about money -- follow the money, and you have answers as to why RCA and Britney's Team do what they do.

If I may add something, Break the Ice was released during the temporary conservatorship (March 4th 2008, animated music video). Radar was also released during the temporary conservatorship as a promo single in July 2008 in select countries (a wider release was postponed for Circus). The commercial Radar single was released on June 22nd 2009, and Britney seemed to enjoy herself on set and in the video. It was also good promotion for Candie's.  

As for Till the World Ends, use of a body double was formally denied by BritneySpears.com. As for Hold It Against Me, two Britneys were fighting, so a body double was required.

34h9blz.jpg

1 hour ago, Arckangel said:

If I may add something, Break the Ice was released during the temporary conservatorship (March 4th 2008, animated music video). Radar was also released during the temporary conservatorship as a promo single in July 2008 in select countries (a wider release was postponed for Circus). The commercial Radar single was released on June 22nd 2009, and Britney seemed to enjoy herself on set and in the video. It was also good promotion for Candie's.  

As for Till the World Ends, use of a body double was formally denied by BritneySpears.com. As for Hold It Against Me, two Britneys were fighting, so a body double was required.

34h9blz.jpg

Meh, I think they're lying about the body double in Til The World Ends. And the end of the Hold It Against Me Video was sliced up so much in editing and there was so much compositing going on that it seems pretty safe to say that there were issues when it came to her executing the choreography.

You're right about the Radar video. I'm not sure if I accidentally erased it, or where it went to. But she did seem to be emotionally invested in the Circus album, even after the conservatorship was made permanent (although I'm not sure that Wade and Andre would totally agree with that). There seemed to be something else happen between the Circus and FF eras that suddenly kicked off a long period of indecisiveness that hasn't completely corrected itself.

12 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

RCA wanted more singles. They had faith in Britney to sell well. Which is not the case anymore because of the lack of quality and promo.

Why put money into someone that doesn't care.

And no matter how good the song it will flop without a very high quality and involved Britney. 

Britney's music never sold itself and it never will. 

But IWG and S&S did. :howiroll: And I think those singles are in part to blame for her lack of promo nowadays, because it made them think she didn't have to do anything anymore.

I agree it would be ideal if Britney showed more interest, but just as ya'll say, why would the label invest money in an artist that doesn't care? Correct, but also why would Britney show interest when she knows she doesn't have the full support of the label when she makes a mistake and releases a bad choice as a single, aka, Slumber Party / Perfume? She wanted to do things that were different for her, they didn't work (obviously) then I believe the label should've reacted there "ok Britney, that was a mess, now let's release the songs that actually have potential, aka DYWCO / ISBE / NTIFY / TIG / Better, etc ", but they just retire the support.

Britney and Larry were confident Alien was gonna be a single by 2014, and it never happened. Do ya'll really think Britney wouldn't have wanted to make a video for Alien if the label asked for it? She pushed for that song to be included on POM. She also wanted Passenger to be there. The label just gave up after Perfume, and they have all the right to stop supporting a project that isn't working, what irks me is that I think they could try a little bit more, at least a third single, before they decide the album has no future.

With Glory, I remember that executive begging radio stations to play the Me, Myself & I remix of Make Me... selling it as "the remix ya'll were waiting for" or something of that sort. When the song isn't going beyond the #17, and the radio stations are saying it's not what their audience wants, I think that's a big sign to say, "ok, it's not working, but we have 17 other songs that are totally different, let's release a second single right away". No, instead they just let it die. I mean, the fact that they thought it had to be mixed with a Bebe Rexha single to be complete, doesn't tell me they believed that much in the album as they claimed in that interview.

We had to wait 4 months to have Slumber Party, which wasn't even properly released as a single per se, and I never saw that executive begging radio stations to play the song. Yes, Britney needs to show more involvement, but the record label is interested in the album and singles selling well too, and I don't see they do as much as they could.

Honestly I’m done going back and forth making excuses for something I will not fully know what is going on. If mama gets a hit in the future I’ll be really happy. However, it is concerning.

Christina fans keeps asking her where’s her album. Does anyone stop and consider the label has decided she’s no longer a priority and isn’t either putting an album out for her or at least not timely helping in the development of the album? This could happen to Britney too. How many flop albums and singles will a label really support? 

I personally don’t care for slumber party but I don’t blame the song. 

I’m not gonna blame Sam cuz good for mama getting that D. :feelingmyself:

Whatever happens, happens I guess. Sucks I can’t even be hyped for a big budget video because anything can be scrapped at any minute because the wind blew south. 

On 11/25/2017 at 8:53 PM, BoyToySoldier said:

Felicia is full of it, just like Larry and the rest of them. They mislead us all the time. We can’t even trust her own team.

An RCA exec had a listening session of the album in Summer of 2016 and I quote:

“Britney’s really working on a fantastic record. I’ve heard about four or five songs that I think are just going to be big hits for her.”

http://popcrush.com/rca-britney-spears-single-coming-summer-2016/

The label clearly believed in her. And why wouldn’t they? Why would the label want Britney Spears to flop when Justin Timberlake and P!nk are scoring consistent hits? The album was great, trendy, fun, etc.

Britney just drops the ball and it’s extremely frustrating.

I Somewhat agree with you, but i think her label is full of **** as well.  I'm sure they get some pushback from Britney and her team, which is why I believe the MM video was scrapped. Once you **** with their money they aren't going to do much for you. they aren't going to invest as Much in Britney as they are in Pink and Timberlake who are still considered some what household names and not something adults are ashamed to like and not so out of touch that the younger generation doesn't even get.

On 11/25/2017 at 11:53 PM, BoyToySoldier said:

Felicia is full of it, just like Larry and the rest of them. They mislead us all the time. We can’t even trust her own team.

An RCA exec had a listening session of the album in Summer of 2016 and I quote:

“Britney’s really working on a fantastic record. I’ve heard about four or five songs that I think are just going to be big hits for her.”

http://popcrush.com/rca-britney-spears-single-coming-summer-2016/

The label clearly believed in her. And why wouldn’t they? Why would the label want Britney Spears to flop when Justin Timberlake and P!nk are scoring consistent hits? The album was great, trendy, fun, etc.

Britney just drops the ball and it’s extremely frustrating.

Idk... 

Glory is AMAAAAAZZZZING but I did not feel like there we’re any “sure thing” singles 

Archived