Reasons why the 3rd Glory single did NOT happen!

Stifler's Mom

4 hours ago, Arckangel said:

@PokemonSpears, @Steel Magnolia, @BoyToySoldier

It is possible to shoot nice music videos w/ very little budget ($10,000 or even only $1,500). Indie artists do it all the time!

Some of the best videos are low budget!

I actually love the Slumber Party video, and that looked pretty low budget.

- one location
- no big-name actors with big appearance fees
- little-to-no Visual F/X, apart from some bubbles that could have been added in Motion
- no Special F/X
- one choreography sequence in one location
- no special camera shots, so no need to rent special camera packages

One of my favourite videos by Britney is the Scream & Shout (Remix)...apart from a camera on a dolly and a green screen, what more is there to this video?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

But IWG and S&S did. :howiroll: And I think those singles are in part to blame for her lack of promo nowadays, because it made them think she didn't have to do anything anymore.

I agree it would be ideal if Britney showed more interest, but just as ya'll say, why would the label invest money in an artist that doesn't care? Correct, but also why would Britney show interest when she knows she doesn't have the full support of the label when she makes a mistake and releases a bad choice as a single, aka, Slumber Party / Perfume? She wanted to do things that were different for her, they didn't work (obviously) then I believe the label should've reacted there "ok Britney, that was a mess, now let's release the songs that actually have potential, aka DYWCO / ISBE / NTIFY / TIG / Better, etc ", but they just retire the support.

Britney and Larry were confident Alien was gonna be a single by 2014, and it never happened. Do ya'll really think Britney wouldn't have wanted to make a video for Alien if the label asked for it? She pushed for that song to be included on POM. She also wanted Passenger to be there. The label just gave up after Perfume, and they have all the right to stop supporting a project that isn't working, what irks me is that I think they could try a little bit more, at least a third single, before they decide the album has no future.

With Glory, I remember that executive begging radio stations to play the Me, Myself & I remix of Make Me... selling it as "the remix ya'll were waiting for" or something of that sort. When the song isn't going beyond the #17, and the radio stations are saying it's not what their audience wants, I think that's a big sign to say, "ok, it's not working, but we have 17 other songs that are totally different, let's release a second single right away". No, instead they just let it die. I mean, the fact that they thought it had to be mixed with a Bebe Rexha single to be complete, doesn't tell me they believed that much in the album as they claimed in that interview.

We had to wait 4 months to have Slumber Party, which wasn't even properly released as a single per se, and I never saw that executive begging radio stations to play the song. Yes, Britney needs to show more involvement, but the record label is interested in the album and singles selling well too, and I don't see they do as much as they could.

How are things suppose to be successful if Britney doesn't promote.

Why should the label pay thousands when most artists will sell their own music.

Perfume flopping and WB not performing that great are all on Britney. Alien would have been a bigger flop. 

On 11/25/2017 at 9:29 PM, PokemonSpears said:

Because her fans wanted Slumber Party but it charted lower than Perfume :mattafact:

In Slumber Party's defense, it wasn't even properly released as a single, they just released the videoclip, replaced the original version with Tinashe's in all the digital platforms, and much later they released that Remixes EP that didn't even include the standard version. So it was all very messy, but still, that "sleeper hit" never woke up, because it was a very bad choice. :imok:

Idk if this has been said in here before but I hate how hard we pushed that single looking back, yes it’s great. But Britney clearly loved DYWCO & tbh I think she would’ve CARED to promote that as a single. 

But alas, if we never got SP we’d be missing that gorgeous visual and who knows if she’d have met Sam! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

How are things suppose to be successful if Britney doesn't promote.

Why should the label pay thousands when most artists will sell their own music.

Perfume flopping and WB not performing that great are all on Britney. Alien would have been a bigger flop. 

Maybe so, but we'll never find out. I wouldn't consider WB a flop. It was #12 on the BB chart, #2 in the Dance Club Songs and it was Top 10 in several countries. It had lots of views on VEVO. I mean, it wasn't the biggest hit of the year, but it was ok to me. More than ok I would say, especially considering the lack of promo.

Perfume flopped, there's nothing to discuss (and it charted higher than SP). So we have 1 -1, but that was enough for them to say "it's over". They didn't even try with one more single. That's what I find unfair. We'll never know if Alien or any other song would've done better, because they didn't even give it a chance. They were "testing" songs on the radio, but if none of them were officially released as singles, of course no one was gonna care about them. Who was going to request a song they don't even know? Or why would radio play random album tracks? And despite that, we managed to get many songs played in several radio stations, just because we used to have those radio request campaigns threads. But with so many songs being tested, and everybody in here supporting their favorite song, because yes, all of the songs had a group of supporters in here before everybody started to hate on the album, we were never able to focus in just requesting one song.

Promo might have worked for Britney back in 2013, but right now, after so many years without a strong presence in the music scene, I don't think any promo would be effective for Britney at this point. Britney is so out of touch with the current market, that I think what's needed now is a more aggressive, intrusive campaign that goes beyond any promotion Britney could do, and that's when I say the record label should try harder, beyond Britney's laziness or lack of promo, because they're also interested in the songs selling well, and they have the power to bring her music to all the corners, and they could release radio singles even if Britney refuses to promote.

Or what about the songs being censored on YouTube? I mean, small details like that, who's responsible of that? Isn't that the record label the one that's shutting them down? We've seen a glimpse of how powerful viralness can be, when 3 charted on the dance club chart because of that wardrobe malfunction video. They didn't have to move a finger for that, imagine if they actually tried to do something. The very least they could've done was upload the audio clips to VEVO, I don't even expect lyric videos anymore. That would be a more effective way to measure popularity of the songs, and give more streams, than just relying on Spotify, which they ignored when they "released" Slumber Party instead of DYWCO, which was the obvious second single, being the second most streamed even a few weeks AFTER the SP video came out, and had nothing to do with being a promo single because it was released only one week before the album, and it surpassed Private Show and Clumsy even though they were released before, and the live performances didn't come until weeks later, when it was already the second most streamed.

I know Britney should get her **** together, but the record label too :lemmetellu:. I mean, under the same logic they've been doing things since BJ, if she has two flop albums in a row already, that should be enough for them to scrap any future album, isn't it true? :umsaywhat: Are they going to let her record another album, only to have the same fate as the previous two? What are both Britney & co. AND the record label going to do differently this time to avoid the failure that were the previous two records? I sincerely don't expect any change from any of them, but I think it's unfair to blame ONLY Britney, when the record labels have more power than what they've been showing in Britney's case.

1 hour ago, treytrey said:

Idk if this has been said in here before but I hate how hard we pushed that single looking back, yes it’s great. But Britney clearly loved DYWCO & tbh I think she would’ve CARED to promote that as a single. 

But alas, if we never got SP we’d be missing that gorgeous visual and who knows if she’d have met Sam! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Well she seemed to love Make Me and didn't do her best to promote it either. I think what really happened is that they all got pissed Make Me underperformed and they just didn't want to do anything else. They expect instant gratification without the effort. She's not at her peak and radio was never her strong suit but they did nothing to help her streaming power. They choose to live in 2008 or 1998 then they'll fail every single time. 

I dont think anyone in this thread is wrong as to why Glory had no third single, but I do think its all part of one big puzzle.

Her label saw that the album had the potential to be huge, with big singles etc. Britney was confident with it, as were her team. Her team, however, dropped the ball with the Make Me release, both the single and the video (for whatever reason). They invested too much money in it for it to be the failure it was, and a lack of decent exposure lead to lack lustre sales. 

Slumber Party had good reviews, but releasing a single and not promoting for a month is useless. 

Her label might have recognised the potential the album had and wanted to invest in it initially, but they also recognised that a failure to create solid, cohesive plans meant they were not benefiting or gaining anything from them. 

so they stopped, and once you cut the funding, you don't get the products....to not sell.

On 11/27/2017 at 9:40 AM, PokemonSpears said:

Maybe so, but we'll never find out. I wouldn't consider WB a flop. It was #12 on the BB chart, #2 in the Dance Club Songs and it was Top 10 in several countries. It had lots of views on VEVO. I mean, it wasn't the biggest hit of the year, but it was ok to me. More than ok I would say, especially considering the lack of promo.

Perfume flopped, there's nothing to discuss (and it charted higher than SP). So we have 1 -1, but that was enough for them to say "it's over". They didn't even try with one more single. That's what I find unfair. We'll never know if Alien or any other song would've done better, because they didn't even give it a chance. They were "testing" songs on the radio, but if none of them were officially released as singles, of course no one was gonna care about them. Who was going to request a song they don't even know? Or why would radio play random album tracks? And despite that, we managed to get many songs played in several radio stations, just because we used to have those radio request campaigns threads. But with so many songs being tested, and everybody in here supporting their favorite song, because yes, all of the songs had a group of supporters in here before everybody started to hate on the album, we were never able to focus in just requesting one song.

Promo might have worked for Britney back in 2013, but right now, after so many years without a strong presence in the music scene, I don't think any promo would be effective for Britney at this point. Britney is so out of touch with the current market, that I think what's needed now is a more aggressive, intrusive campaign that goes beyond any promotion Britney could do, and that's when I say the record label should try harder, beyond Britney's laziness or lack of promo, because they're also interested in the songs selling well, and they have the power to bring her music to all the corners, and they could release radio singles even if Britney refuses to promote.

Or what about the songs being censored on YouTube? I mean, small details like that, who's responsible of that? Isn't that the record label the one that's shutting them down? We've seen a glimpse of how powerful viralness can be, when 3 charted on the dance club chart because of that wardrobe malfunction video. They didn't have to move a finger for that, imagine if they actually tried to do something. The very least they could've done was upload the audio clips to VEVO, I don't even expect lyric videos anymore. That would be a more effective way to measure popularity of the songs, and give more streams, than just relying on Spotify, which they ignored when they "released" Slumber Party instead of DYWCO, which was the obvious second single, being the second most streamed even a few weeks AFTER the SP video came out, and had nothing to do with being a promo single because it was released only one week before the album, and it surpassed Private Show and Clumsy even though they were released before, and the live performances didn't come until weeks later, when it was already the second most streamed.

I know Britney should get her **** together, but the record label too :lemmetellu:. I mean, under the same logic they've been doing things since BJ, if she has two flop albums in a row already, that should be enough for them to scrap any future album, isn't it true? :umsaywhat: Are they going to let her record another album, only to have the same fate as the previous two? What are both Britney & co. AND the record label going to do differently this time to avoid the failure that were the previous two records? I sincerely don't expect any change from any of them, but I think it's unfair to blame ONLY Britney, when the record labels have more power than what they've been showing in Britney's case.

Britney sold her biggest hits. 

That is the reason she always flops now. She isn't present. The reason she is so out of touch now is because the audience doesn't know her because of no good promo in a decade.

No Britney needs to work. You are just excusing her laziness. . 

1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

Britney sold her biggest hits. 

That is the reason she always flops now. She isn't present. The reason she is so out of touch now is because the audience doesn't know her because of no good promo in a decade.

No Britney needs to work. You are just excusing her laziness. . 

It's not that I'm excusing her. Well maybe a little bit, but I can't help it :makeitrain: but I think a good promo schedule would've worked indeed, but only back during the Britney Jean era. I won't deny that about BJ or Glory. But at this point I highly doubt that even if she went at full promo mode for her next record, she could score a hit again. It's been too long, and only a miracle could put her back on the map: a really, really, really good song that would sell by itself, or some kind of deal that the record label could make with a sponsor or something to bring the song to every corner of the globe, without depending on Britney's promo schedules or her desires to promote.

If they're really interested in Britney making hits again, they need to take extreme measures that go beyond any traditional promo she could make performing at an awards show or in GMA. I don't know if it's the label's job, or Larry or who, but I don't know, a VEVO special, a televised mini-concert, using her new songs on an ad or movie, or a famous tv series, I really don't know what could work, but it would be something that people in her team or label have to make it happen, and doesn't depend on what she wants to do or not. 

On 11/25/2017 at 7:39 PM, BoyToySoldier said:

Can y’all understand it isn’t 2011 anymore? Britney’s comeback hype is over. If she wants a hit, she needs to promote and slay a performance with exceptional choreography and stage presence. She didn’t perform Slumber Party anywhere. Adding Tinashe was unnecessary. A flop was imminent. :kyliecry:

This is undeniable true.  As much as I hate to admit it, while Womanizer was a great song, the majority of the success for that and Circus was because of "the comeback."  

Now that the appeal of the comeback is gone, she is going to actually have to put in work to maintain relevance.  

• Super Mods
On 11/25/2017 at 6:45 PM, BoyToySoldier said:

Like could she have stopped riding that Persian **** for a minute and just performed at the AMA’s or even Victoria’s Secret show? Glory is literally perfect for a Victoria’s Secret show and her with all the new lingerie costumes... and all she would have to do is be Walkney for 2 songs but she can’t even do that. :kyliecry:

Victoria’s Secret would have been perfect 

:nydisgust:

Archived