New vocals from Sia original "Passenger" demo LEAKED

Alex_1991

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Maryy said:

actually, i think the song sounds dated af now. during Britney Jean era it sounded good but now after all these years, let's face it... it's dated. 

the only good thing about this song is the futuristic sound during some seconds in the beginning... after it it's just another basic song, imo. 

it could be a classic... or not :whitney:

15 hours ago, Alex_1991 said:

The second verse is totally sung by Sia and was never heard before. The full demo is probably leaking.

At least four versions of this song exist: one recorded by Katy Perry, one recorded by Sia, one recorded by Myah Marie (that follows almost exactly Sia vocal lead and that was mixed with Britney in the unfortunate cd version), and the  final one recorded by Britney (well.. the verses at least).

It's a good song, ruined by a demo-ish final production and by the Myah vocal mess :( with proper care it could have been single material.
Side note: Britney is quoted as one of the composer, but it's not true at all: both the original versions share the same lyrics with the final one.

Burqua Jihad was a ******* mess! :triggered:

I never believed she wrote all the songs on Britney Jean. Now it's confirmed. It was all for PR and promo for the album about how "personal" it was.

"Passenger" is one of the few from Myah Jean that presents a relatable narrative.  What's bad about is the message not being believable coming from Britney, no shade, because she's never firmly in the driver seat to begin with.  However I actually like Myah's version the best, followed by Sia, and than Katy. 

Myah hit that note better than Sia, imo, and it's interesting to know her demo was used as the basis.  

8 hours ago, Gossip Girl said:

I never believed she wrote all the songs on Britney Jean. Now it's confirmed. It was all for PR and promo for the album about how "personal" it was.

I think thats more will's fault since he was EP. I think he assumed that Britney was going to be like Beyonce to get writing creds without doing the writing.

On 11/4/2017 at 11:33 AM, Borja said:

This demo proves that Britney doesn't fit the song at all.

They should've at least made the register proper for her (or Myah), cause it's a song with a lot of potential and sung by Katy or Sia sounds powerful and meaningful, but with Britney's (or Myah's voice) sounds kinda sleepy.

I like Passenger, I think the message suited Britney as a person. Of course, Sia did great job too since she's a great vocalist, but I disagree about Katy. I've always thought she had this flat voice that sounds all the same and for me she's missing the emotions that need to be poured into the song. Just like "Miss You More" from Witness. With some other vocals it could be a really great, emotional song, but with Katy's it just sounds repetitive.

Archived