Britney Celebrates ‘Blackout’ Album’s 10th Anniversary

Jordan Miller

• Leader
britney-blackout10.jpg
Britney Spears mentioned Blackout's 10th anniversary on social media.

It's not much, but it's something.

There was a really huge opportunity for Britney and co. to make a big splash out of Blackout's 10th bday – merchandise, a vinyl re-release, a proper "Radar" video – but they didn't. Why? We could speculate for days.

It's an album that debuted during a time when the pop star's life was unmanageable. Maybe things are better left unsaid?

On the other hand, Blackout on vinyl would have been pretty perfect.

Thoughts on Britney's Tweet? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is she so embarrassed of her craft? Like I get she doesn't think of herself as a big deal musically, but damn Britney you could at least reflect on the legacy and impact this album had for your career. New fans were drawn to you from this record... spawned one of your signature hits...

Literally everyone has nothing but nice things to say about this album, producers, collaborators, fans and pop enthusiasts too.

Stop being such a wet blanket. We don't care about Sam, post about your passions. :calculating:

3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Why is she so embarrassed of her craft? Like I get she doesn't think of herself as a big deal musically, but damn Britney you could at least reflect on the legacy and impact this album had for your career. New fans were drawn to you from this record... spawned one of your signature hits...

Literally everyone has nothing but nice things to say about this album, producers, collaborators, fans and pop enthusiasts too.

Stop being such a wet blanket. We don't care about Sam, post about your passions. :calculating:

She already spoke on the album for Fader magazine

Just now, Cappycorn87 said:

She already spoke on the album for Fader magazine

I get that she's always been a woman of few words... but for something like this I think more is necessary. She could have talked about other things rather than just "Danja helped me do this, I just did whatever I felt like doing and I love Freakshow, I still perform it." Danja himself gave more insight into the recording process than she did.

Lol I knew this would happen, would tweet about the anniversary, yet fans thought her team would have the audacity to rerelease the album :mcorangu:  (although lbh a rerelease would have been cool, MJ rereleased Thriller and Bad for their 25th anniversaries) 

Archived