Britney Celebrates ‘Blackout’ Album’s 10th Anniversary

Jordan Miller

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Shadow. said:

did we expect anything more than a tweet? :tiffcackle:

This. Like, what's really the news here? I'm glad she acknowledged it at all because that's the most she's ever gonna do.

We know she really isn't interested in looking back on her career and old music. It's (probably) never gonna change. 

7 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Why is she so embarrassed of her craft? Like I get she doesn't think of herself as a big deal musically, but damn Britney you could at least reflect on the legacy and impact this album had for your career. New fans were drawn to you from this record... spawned one of your signature hits...

Literally everyone has nothing but nice things to say about this album, producers, collaborators, fans and pop enthusiasts too.

Stop being such a wet blanket. We don't care about Sam, post about your passions. :calculating:

It’s So annoying right? Is it just me or does it seem like she insists on appearing untalented in front of people

I get that she's always been a woman of few words... but for something like this I think more is necessary. She could have talked about other things rather than just "Danja helped me do this, I just did whatever I felt like doing and I love Freakshow, I still perform it." Danja himself gave more insight into the recording process than she did.

Valid. But we also know her memory ain't that good. That probably *was* her version of true reflection on the creation of the album. 

:britdrown::britdrown:

Why is she so embarrassed of her craft? Like I get she doesn't think of herself as a big deal musically, but damn Britney you could at least reflect on the legacy and impact this album had for your career. New fans were drawn to you from this record... spawned one of your signature hits...

Literally everyone has nothing but nice things to say about this album, producers, collaborators, fans and pop enthusiasts too.

Stop being such a wet blanket. We don't care about Sam, post about your passions. :calculating:

This. It's the weirdest thing. And yet she wants us to believe she loves what she does. She doesn't even talk in depth about pivotal moments in her career 

26 minutes ago, Crayboy said:

It’s So annoying right? Is it just me or does it seem like she insists on appearing untalented in front of people

I mean I’m aware Britney isn’t the female John Lennon, but she’s clearly more talented than most of these other big popstars like Rihanna, Selena Gomez, etc.

I love that she’s so humble but there’s no need to downplay yourself when you’ve had such an impact on the industry. Literally 10+ music publications have called this album “influential”, and you’re just gonna give that generic *** shoutout? :girlwhat:

12 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

This. It's the weirdest thing. And yet she wants us to believe she loves what she does. She doesn't even talk in depth about pivotal moments in her career 

I mean even if she doesn’t want to talk about how the music made an impact, as least go through what your favorite recording session was like, talk about an unreleased cut, throw us a bone B. :orangu:

26 minutes ago, jennyj said:

Has any artist really celebrated the 10th anniversary though?  I feel like 25th anniversary is the usual milestone.

Which makes me think, maybe there's something else to that tweet... #Blackout10... #B10.... :o;) 

Am I being paranoid? Am I seeing things? Am I just insecure? ;)

She obviously loves the album, it's amazing and the only body of work she's ever released that is really Britney. Only time she's ever had full creative control and been executive producer. Her team clearly doesn't like the album. They probably attribute it to a chaotic time in her life and they obviously don't know **** about good music. Besides a tweet and a filter what were they going to do? And what would Britney have to say lol. "Man I wish I wasn't in a conservatorship so I could make my own career decisions and have full creative control over my art, be an exec producer again" like??? She's never going to be able to make a Blackout 2.0 and will never have the freedom to really talk about her life at that time and I don't know what's so confusing or shocking about this.

Archived