Jump to content

New BreatheHeavy live stream TODAY at 3:30 pm PT

One-click subscribe to our YouTube channel!

NFL Confirms Janet Jackson Is NOT Banned From Performing At The Super Bowl


Jordan Miller

Recommended Posts

  • Leader

She's coming.



Are you sitting down? Janet Jackson could make an appearance at the Super Bowl.



Justin Timberlake just confirmed he will headline the 2018 Super Bowl Halftime Show. Details are scarce, but it's safe to assume he'll bring on some special guests during the 12-minute stint, and if he chooses to do so, one of those superstar acts could be Janet Jackson.

It's been rumored for years Jackson was banned from ever performing at the Super Bowl again because of her stunt with JT during their performance together in 2004, but TMZ Sports confirms that's not true, saying "there’s no ban." You read that right: Janet Jackson *can* perform at the Super Bowl. They also cautioned JT might opt for no special guests like Lady Gaga did earlier this year.


Related:
Janet Jackson Was Asked If She’d Perform At The Super Bowl With Justin Timberlake


Can we expect Nipplegate 2.0? “That won’t happen this time,” Timberlake told NBC Sports anchor Mike Tirico on Sunday Night Football. “There was a little bit of that [discussion]. But no, Mike, that’s not going to happen.”

As for what we can expect from JT's performance? Hopefully high energy. “I’ve watched a ton of [previous halftime shows] just to make sure that we’re not pulling out any gags,” he said. “People are flying, and Lady Gaga jumped from the top of the stadium or something [this February]. I don’t know, man. I’m 36 now. I don’t know how much of that I can do anymore.”



Thoughts on Janet being allowed to perform at the Super Bowl? Let us know in Exhale.



And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Exhale+  |  Apparel |  YouTube

Link to comment
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone going to watch the Superbowl for the actual football game at this point? Part of America will be watching to see if the players kneel,  part will be watching to see if they don't (God only knows what Trump will tweet). Some won't watch in boycott of the NFL, others will be watching to see what happens during the halftime show and if Janet will show up. This Superbowl is going to be a mess. :embarrassney:

Link to comment
29 minutes ago, JChristian said:

Is anyone going to watch the Superbowl for the actual football game at this point? Part of America will be watching to see if the players kneel,  part will be watching to see if they don't (God only knows what Trump will tweet). Some won't watch in boycott of the NFL, others will be watching to see what happens during the halftime show and if Janet will show up. This Superbowl is going to be a mess. :embarrassney:

Literally the also picked the best performer that won't cause too much of a commotion. I mean he can dance but he's beige and harmless :gross:

What NFL should've done was just have ALL the big boy bands of 90s/00s. NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Boys II Men, New Edition, New Kids on the Block - Now that would be iconic

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, confidentnotcocky said:

Nothing should have happened to either one of them but he ripped the thingy and exposed her ***. That's kinda being 50% of the incident. 

It wasn't a big deal here in the UK, it was just seen as an obvious publicity stunt and people laughed at the over reaction America was making over the incident, but I don't think it's fair that one person lost their career and the other didn't. 

There was an overreaction, absolutely. But Janet signed up for a gig and agreed to certain rules, then she broke those rules. She’s lucky she got to host and perform on SNL a few months later, I’m not sure I would’ve taken that chance if I were an NBC executive :tiffcackle:

Link to comment
26 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Why do you think she had  a piece of jewelry on her breast? :tiffcackle:

It was obviously a PR stunt that was her idea

She explained why there was the thing on her nipple, he was supposed to rip the black part leaving a red cloth covering her breast but I guess Justin pulled too hard and ripped off the whole thing.

Link to comment
Just now, Daxx said:

She explained why there was the thing on her nipple, he was supposed to rip the black part leaving a red cloth covering her breast but I guess Justin pulled too hard and ripped off the whole thing.

That doesn’t explain the nipple bling, if there was a red cloth covering it people wouldn’t see it. I don’t believe her.

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

There was an overreaction, absolutely. But Janet signed up for a gig and agreed to certain rules, then she broke those rules. She’s lucky she got to host and perform on SNL a few months later, I’m not sure I would’ve taken that chance if I were an NBC executive :tiffcackle:

Well what they did to her was part of the over reaction though. It's harrrrrrrrrrrrrrsh punishment, poor *****.

I know what you're saying and a few people have said that but 2 people did it. I wasn't going after Justin (not that I feel that strongly about any of this) cos it's the biggest gig in the world you better accept it but the Superbowl bowl people, but this is their STFU I see :grimace:

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block