New IG- Brit and Sam and.... Mozart?

Chris343

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

That is so cute! :clap: God, I wish I had a man that gorgeous. The fact that he and I are the same age and I look more like David than I do him says a LOT. :crying11: 

It doesn't say anything at all, honestly. Think about it--Britney was in long-term relationship with both David and Sam, so even though they don't resemble one another physically, she was obviously attracted to both regardless.

And just anecdotally, I'm personally far more attracted to intelligent men with a quirky sense of humor and a purposeful pursuit in life than I am to a conventionally good-looking guy with nothing of substance (actually, I'm not attracted to the latter at all, even at first glance. Physical appearance alone has never been sufficient to pique my interest). 

It sounds cliche, but nevertheless, it absolutely bears repeating that one's personal qualities are far more important than their physical appearance. The latter may spark initial attraction in some people, but the former is what endures.

Plus, most of us are looking for someone we can grow old with. And whether we are considered good looking in youth or not, we all inevitably lose our looks one day. So ultimately, in our later years, if we're fortunate enough to have a partner beside us, it's because they genuinely love us for who we are, not because of how we (previously) looked.

There's nothing wrong with taking pride in one's appearance, but don't get down on yourself for something that's ultimately inconsequential.

Sorry for the super cheesy (and lengthy) speech, but I think it's honestly important to remind both friends and strangers alike, that if you're a human being with a good heart, then you're ******* beautiful. Own it. 

30 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

It doesn't say anything at all, honestly. Think about it--Britney was in long-term relationship with both David and Sam, so even though they don't resemble one another physically, she was obviously attracted to both regardless.

And just anecdotally, I'm personally far more attracted to intelligent men with a quirky sense of humor and a purposeful pursuit in life than I am to a conventionally good-looking guy with nothing of substance (actually, I'm not attracted to the latter at all, even at first glance. Physical appearance alone has never been sufficient to pique my interest). 

It sounds cliche, but nevertheless, it absolutely bears repeating that one's personal qualities are far more important than their physical appearance. The latter may spark initial attraction in some people, but the former is what endures.

Plus, most of us are looking for someone we can grow old with. And whether we are considered good looking in youth or not, we all inevitably lose our looks one day. So ultimately, in our later years, if we're fortunate enough to have a partner beside us, it's because they genuinely love us for who we are, not because of how we (previously) looked.

There's nothing wrong with taking pride in one's appearance, but don't get down on yourself for something that's ultimately inconsequential.

Sorry for the super cheesy (and lengthy) speech, but I think it's honestly important to remind both friends and strangers alike, that if you're a human being with a good heart, then you're ******* beautiful. Own it. 

:crying11: Aww, thank you! :hugs: That's so sweet.

But I just meant I need to start working out because while looks do fade, I would like to be hot for at least once in my youth. :yaknow:

And also, it was mostly about me complaining about my singleness. :crying2: 

Archived