Was Britney uncomfortable on her Carpool Karaoke? Others were

none

Who knows? But this at least helps explore more an artist' filming process of it... Apparently the Foo Fighters weren't comfortable on theirs

"It got less fun - it kinda went on"

It seems that James Corden’s ‘Carpool Karaoke’ is not always as fun as it seems, as Foo Fighters have said that they found the experience “a little uncomfortable”.

The band made their debut appearance on the popular segment for Corden’s ‘Late Late Late Show‘ last month –  where they belted out karaoke renditions of Foos classics ‘All My Life’, ‘Best Of You’, ‘Learn To Fly’ and recent single ‘The Sky Is A Neighborhood’ from acclaimed new album ‘Concrete And Gold‘. However, it seems that after a while, the band found the experience somewhat tiresome.

“By hour three in dude’s car it got less fun,” guitarist Pat Smear told NME. “It kinda went on. When we stopped at Guitar Centre, that felt like we were done, but it was like ‘this is halfway’.”

Dave Grohl said that it was “a little uncomfortable”, but didn’t doubt that James Corden was a real music lover. However, he wasn’t too happy about being made to sing his own songs.

“Oh he definitely is [a music lover],” Grohl told NME. “And he’s a very nice guy. But y’know, I don’t mind singing my own songs at Glastonbury or The O2 but if I had to sing you a song right now I’d be too embarrassed.”

After Smear said that “singing other people’s songs would have been easier”, Grohl added: “I could do that all day. We did The Ramones, and Rick Astley, but they didn’t use it. I don’t know why.”

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/music/foo-fighters-tell-us-carpool-karaoke-james-corden-little-uncomfortable-2147786#zr2R257EVPM22fXV.99

Thoughts?

landscape-1472207860-britney-corden.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

He seems like a nice guy but also really overbearing and annoying, I wouldn't blame Britney. :bey:

and you know she's over her old songs. as iconic as they are, I can't blame her for not wanting to do songs she did when she was a teenager over and over (though ironically that's what her residency is about :orangu: )

7 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

and you know she's over her old songs. as iconic as they are, I can't blame her for not wanting to do songs she did when she was a teenager over and over (though ironically that's what her residency is about :orangu: )

If she's over her old songs then she should go on a limited date tour where she only performs album tracks and fan favorites. :bey:

That's what I've always said. If they had made her sing some Michael songs, or Madonna, Whitney, Janet, it would've been very different. Maybe just BOMT and MM if that was the new one, but we all know, except James Corden, how Britney feels about her own songs. And I don't think it's that she doesn't like them, but it's just awkward for her.

42 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

If she's over her old songs then she should go on a limited date tour where she only performs album tracks and fan favorites. :bey:

do you wanna come over

if i'm dancing (with Slave breakdown)

toy soldier

perfume/ just luv me

man on the moon

and then we kiss/ slave

love me down

toxic

radar

gimme more/ break the ice/ piece of me

slumber party

hold on tight

that's where you take me

womanizer

liar

criminal

me against the music (or change your mind)

just like me/ he about to lose me

better

i wanna go

work *****/ till the world ends

make me

:flawlessbye:

2 hours ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Why do artists hate their own music? If I was making songs, I would be bumping to them :myjam:

I think because they have to sing them over and over and over again for the rest of their lives.  Even the best bops get boring after 100 spins, until you take a long break from it and listen to it again lol.

Of course she was uncomfortable, as was many artists on that segment. 

She has been vocal about being uncomfortable in 1:1 situations, especially on camera... if there was an audience or one other person in that car, she'd probably feel a bit more at ease but still a little uncomfortable.   I can imagine how awkward it feels being alone in a car with a camera right on your face and you have to sing with person who's overbearing and always singing louder than the other artists.... I can totally bet she's totally on the same page as Dave Grohl.  When you're singing karaoke in the car or shower, you sing OTHER people's songs not your own.   That's why when you see some of the other more comfortable artists doing it, they focus more on other people's songs than their own as well. 

Archived