Was Britney uncomfortable on her Carpool Karaoke? Others were

none

4 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

and you know she's over her old songs. as iconic as they are, I can't blame her for not wanting to do songs she did when she was a teenager over and over (though ironically that's what her residency is about :orangu: )

I'm gonna say something a little mean and I might get dragged for this, but here goes nothing. When isn't home girl nervous these days. I totally understand, yes she has anxiety and some cases its almost crippling. She has been a performer for 2 decades now, and before you all drag me talking about her mental break down and '07 being the reason. She survived and doesn't like to talk about it. No offence to anyone but she needs to get a grip! She of all people knows life isn't easy, but if she wants the life away from the attention and media, she has the option of retiring. I don't want her to... but clearly she could use the time away.

As for her old songs, I get she may be tired of doing some of her old songs but she needs to remember that's what made her an Icon today. She needs enough confidence to say NO, I wanna sing some new songs if the old ones make her uncomfortable. She can say what she wants but there isn't a PLACE ON EARTH, that she can go and where they won't ask her to do Baby One More Time and Oops!... I'm sorry but it's true

If you all wanna drag me... I'm fine with that

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if she wasn’t uncomfortable, she had a weird way of showing it. The body language, the “what? What?” instead of singing...  painful to watch. I’ve never known a singer who is embarrassed to sing. If she as uncomfortable she should have either not done it, or stepped outside of her comfort zone and made an effort.

I don't get the hate for this guy? I like him, he is funny and really is doing the most to make people comfortable as it seems, it is not his fault that Britney is very very shy now and tbh to a level you shouldn't even have a celebritycareer to begin with, i mean what's the point? She changed but this job requires a sense of communication

I would love if she never performed her old songs ever again. I almost never listen to them outside of her performing them. Especially because she doesn't perform them like she used to and it's just another reminder she's not the same type of performer and leaves us begging her to do the old choreo.

9 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

If she's over her old songs then she should go on a limited date tour where she only performs album tracks and fan favorites. :bey:

This.

9 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

I don't get the hate for this guy? I like him, he is funny and really is doing the most to make people comfortable as it seems, it is not his fault that Britney is very very shy now and tbh to a level you shouldn't even have a celebritycareer to begin with, i mean what's the point? She changed but this job requires a sense of communication

Ppl seem to think he's obnoxious or too overbearing. But...It's karaoke. Lol anyone who has ever been to a karaoke bar knows he's pretty tame for karaoke. Of course he's gonna be loud and silly because it's karaoke lol

10 hours ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Why do artists hate their own music? If I was making songs, I would be bumping to them :myjam:

Britney seems to be embarrassed of singing old, infantile songs 
Big difference between "Oops" and "Freakshow"
It's good to write songs you can sing as 20 yrs old and 40 yrs old also :tiffanynod:

12 minutes ago, Dune said:

Britney seems to be embarrassed of singing old, infantile songs 
Big difference between "Oops" and "Freakshow"
It's good to write songs you can sing as 20 yrs old and 40 yrs old also :tiffanynod:

But I'm sure she dedicates OIDIA to her fans nowadays:

I think I did it again
I made you believe I do more than lipsync
Oh, baby
It might seem like it's live
But it doesn't mean that I'm serious

'Cause to lose all my wardrobe
That is just so typically me
Oh, baby, baby

Oops!... I did it again
I played with your heart, got lost in the show
Oh, baby, baby
Oops!... You think I'm dancing
That I'm even rehearsing
I'm not that interested

You see my problem is this
I'm dreaming away
Wishing that I'd be on my way to Hawaii
I cry watching the planes
Can't you see you're a fool for expecting more

But to lose all my singing numbers
Baby, oh

Oops!... I did it again
Oh, baby, baby
That I'm even rehearsing
I'm not that interested

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

"All aboard"
"Britney, before you go, there's something I want you to have."
"Oh, it's cool and faded, but wait a minute, isn't this..?"
"Yeah, yes it is."
"But I thought Larry said that it just didn't work"
"Well, baby, I went down and put some of it in Vimeo for you."
"Oh, you shouldn't have."

Oops!... I did it again to your heart
Got lost in this residency  baby
Oops!... You think that I'm working hard
I'm not that interested

Oops!... I did it again
Oh, baby, baby
That I'm even rehearsing
I'm not that interested

They had a lot (45 min if I'm correct) footage to choose from. Even Britney herself said that he kept playing BOMT and Oops, which means those were recorded more than once. I'm fine with both, but pretty sure Toxic could have gotten better scenes, same with the covers she supposedly did but were left off the skit.

I'm fine with the skit though, just the fact that Toxic and Make Me (the damn SINGLE) needed better cuts is what lacked here. Same with Toxic being used for the promo, shady James...

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

But I'm sure she dedicates OIDIA to her fans nowadays:

I think I did it again
I made you believe I do more than lipsync
Oh, baby
It might seem like it's live
But it doesn't mean that I'm serious

'Cause to lose all my wardrobe
Oh, baby, baby

Oops!... I did it again
Oh, baby, baby
That I'm even rehearsing
I'm not that interested

You see my problem is this
I'm dreaming away
Wishing that I'd be on my way to Hawaii
I cry watching the planes
Can't you see you're a fool for expecting more

But to lose all my singing numbers
Baby, oh

Oops!... I did it again
Oh, baby, baby
That I'm even rehearsing
I'm not that interested

"All aboard"
"Britney, before you go, there's something I want you to have."
"Oh, it's cool and faded, but wait a minute, isn't this..?"
"Yeah, yes it is."
"But I thought Larry said that it just didn't work"
"Well, baby, I went down and put some of it in Vimeo for you."
"Oh, you shouldn't have."

Oops!... I did it again to your heart
Got lost in this residency  baby
Oops!... You think that I'm working hard
I'm not that interested

Oops!... I did it again
Oh, baby, baby
That I'm even rehearsing
I'm not that interested

Fixed :bgrin:

1 hour ago, satanic cheri candy lotion said:

even when britney has interviews with ppl who arent as overbearing as james, she still acts like an awkward **** on a stick. at least james helped give her segment some momentum, otherwise we would be stuck with 9mins of britney's silence and impulsively swatting ppls arms. james worked with what he was given. :mj:

Yeah, a radiohost back in the day even said something is wrong and he didn't do that interview with her. :calculating: Something is very wrong compared to the beginning no, Britney never was that shy.

Edit:

Quote: because the label explicitly told them no personal questions, no relationship questions and "no funny business."

:girlwhat:

Archived