Was Britney uncomfortable on her Carpool Karaoke? Others were

none

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/15/2017 at 11:09 PM, puppylo16 said:

That's stupid to tell her to just retire. She obviously enjoys what she does and is making an effort to be more personable. She has always been awkward but back then she was better at hiding it. So many celebrities are the same as her but it comes off as a diva. I met Jefferey Star's cousin one time and he said that Jefferey is a recluse and prefers staying at home whenever he can and not talk to anyone. I think you're being a little too harsh because she's trying unlike people like Demi Lavato and Justin Bieber that makes it look like it's such a pain to deal with people and hiding behind the anxiety excuse.

My point isn't to make it look harsh, and I'm not saying anxiety is an excuse. As you said there are many celebs with anxiety, including Emma Stone, Zayn, Jennifer Lawrence and especially Johnny Depp. I have done research on this for my thesis and how they deal with it, which is usually therapy, which I don't know if she goes to. My point is simply, that if she feels uncomfortable to the point that it affects her badly than she needs to first try and work on her anxiety before she forces herself to make bigger appearances. The fact she wants to is a positive sign, and as you said she suffered from it before. The difference is, she was able to keep it at bay. As for comparing it to people like Demi or Justin, that wasn't my intention and nor do I know much about Justin or of his "lack of trying." My point is, she needs to be able to do the job of a performer, if she feels uncomfortable to the point it's painful for her, why put her through that. That's her decision, I don't know her. If it truly makes her happy, I'd gladly like to see her continue.

On 10/13/2017 at 7:07 AM, Dark.Knight said:

But I'm sure she dedicates OIDIA to her fans nowadays:

I think I did it again
I made you believe I do more than lipsync
Oh, baby
It might seem like it's live
But it doesn't mean that I'm serious

'Cause to lose all my wardrobe
That is just so typically me
Oh, baby, baby

Oops!... I did it again
I played with your heart, got lost in the show
Oh, baby, baby
Oops!... You think I'm dancing
That I'm even rehearsing
I'm not that interested

You see my problem is this
I'm dreaming away
Wishing that I'd be on my way to Hawaii
I cry watching the planes
Can't you see you're a fool for expecting more

But to lose all my singing numbers
Baby, oh

Oops!... I did it again
Oh, baby, baby
That I'm even rehearsing
I'm not that interested

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

"All aboard"
"Britney, before you go, there's something I want you to have."
"Oh, it's cool and faded, but wait a minute, isn't this..?"
"Yeah, yes it is."
"But I thought Larry said that it just didn't work"
"Well, baby, I went down and put some of it in Vimeo for you."
"Oh, you shouldn't have."

Oops!... I did it again to your heart
Got lost in this residency  baby
Oops!... You think that I'm working hard
I'm not that interested

Oops!... I did it again
Oh, baby, baby
That I'm even rehearsing
I'm not that interested

This is ******* amazing :bow:

• Super Mods
6 hours ago, mylonliNESS said:

My point isn't to make it look harsh, and I'm not saying anxiety is an excuse. As you said there are many celebs with anxiety, including Emma Stone, Zayn, Jennifer Lawrence and especially Johnny Depp. I have done research on this for my thesis and how they deal with it, which is usually therapy, which I don't know if she goes to. My point is simply, that if she feels uncomfortable to the point that it affects her badly than she needs to first try and work on her anxiety before she forces herself to make bigger appearances. The fact she wants to is a positive sign, and as you said she suffered from it before. The difference is, she was able to keep it at bay. As for comparing it to people like Demi or Justin, that wasn't my intention and nor do I know much about Justin or of his "lack of trying." My point is, she needs to be able to do the job of a performer, if she feels uncomfortable to the point it's painful for her, why put her through that. That's her decision, I don't know her. If it truly makes her happy, I'd gladly like to see her continue.

Just because you've done research doesn't mean it applies  to everyone. I don't want to attack you or get into heated arguements and I apologize if I came down too harsh but I think for you to just say she should just retire if she can't take the heat is ignorant. That was what Larry did to her and was what pissed her off because people around her thought they knew what is best for her. She knows what works for her, why you think she chose to do vegas? It's a great way for her to put herself out there and build up her confidence. Now I'm sure that backfired as now she's bored because her team realizes how much money can be made and to continue it but aside from that, we saw over the years how she is slowly coming out of her shell. She's seen doctors and therapist but we didn't see that much progress compared to putting her in the spotlight and putting herself out there. Some therapist even suggest that the best way to heal is to go back to work. 

I use Demi and Justin because they claim to have the same anxiety Britney has yet we see Britney still meeting fans and tries to reach out while they use that as an excuse to not have meet and greets or explains their "I don't care" attitude. You can say that it's their job too since fans are what made them.

4 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Just because you've done research doesn't mean it applies  to everyone. I don't want to attack you or get into heated arguements and I apologize if I came down too harsh but I think for you to just say she should just retire if she can't take the heat is ignorant. That was what Larry did to her and was what pissed her off because people around her thought they knew what is best for her. She knows what works for her, why you think she chose to do vegas? It's a great way for her to put herself out there and build up her confidence. Now I'm sure that backfired as now she's bored because her team realizes how much money can be made and to continue it but aside from that, we saw over the years how she is slowly coming out of her shell. She's seen doctors and therapist but we didn't see that much progress compared to putting her in the spotlight and putting herself out there. Some therapist even suggest that the best way to heal is to go back to work. 

I use Demi and Justin because they claim to have the same anxiety Britney has yet we see Britney still meeting fans and tries to reach out while they use that as an excuse to not have meet and greets or explains their "I don't care" attitude. You can say that it's their job too since fans are what made them.

I understand! You don't need to apologize at all! You're just expressing your opinion and explaining the situation. As for Britney, at the end of the day you're right. She needs to do what works for her. All I meant by my retirement part was, that I wouldn't want too much pressure on her. Especially if it might effect her in the long run. I will definitely concede to Vegas having brought back some of her love for music/life. I apologize if I may also have seen as rude or harsh myself.

I think though you and I both agree that Britney has made progress but she has a long way to go. I hope by end of Vegas (which I pray is this December) she comes off more confident and involved! :)

On 13/10/2017 at 10:07 AM, Dark.Knight said:

I think I did it again
I made you believe I do more than lipsync
Oh, baby
It might seem like it's live
But it doesn't mean that I'm serious

'Cause to lose all my wardrobe
Oh, baby, baby

Oops!... I did it again
Oh, baby, baby