Britney reference in Gaga documentary

JSnews

Early on, there's a scene where she is discussing fame.  She starts talking about how fame can hurt people and begins listing names of people that fame destroyed.  She says Anna Nicole Smith, Marilyn Monroe, and then she very clearly begins to say "Br..." and stops.  She and her manager look at each other, and she says something like "and that other person we know."

Did anyone else catch that?  

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i didn't watch the documentary, but if this went down like the OP said, i don't really see this as shade. it's no secret that fame at the very least changed britney, maybe destroyed is not the word. 2007 was obviously a turning point for britney, and i'm so happy she came out strong on the other side, but the media/paparazzi/pressure and all things come along with fame changed her. to say she's publicly and professionally the same as she was pre-2006/2007 would be ignorant (notice i left out "personally" since we don't really know, but i doubt she changed to the ones closest to her). and i admit that as a die-hard stan for 20 years now. if Gaga did say this, i don't think that's shade and it doesn't mean she's not a fan. it means she just recognizes the terrible effect that fame and the pressure that comes along with it can have on an artist. but again, i didn't watch the doc, so i don't know how it went down. i see some people saying that she might not have even been implying britney. but if she was implying britney, those are my thoughts.

now those "surprise, a pop show and the ***** can sing" and "i will never lip sync" comments on the other hand... does she have a point? yes. did she speak the truth? yes. was it necessary to make those comments? no. so were THOSE comments shady? yes.

Archived