The intensity of the hate for FFT on this forum is so irrational and unjustified

Someone Who Knows

FFT is underrated by this forum in general and it's in such a hostile irrational way that nobody feels like they're 'allowed' to like it.

FFT had great sets, the setlist was killer, and the show was more Britney-focused than the Circus Tour. The costumes were alright. The lightwork was great. The choreography was better than the Circus Tour's overall (both had their highs and lows, but FFT had more motion from Britney).

Did she have some off nights? Sure. Can you cherry-pick the worst moments from YouTube or post an embarrassing gif and pretend that's representative of the whole tour? Sure, if you want to be a negative, overly-critical *******, you can do that if you want. But everything about Brit's shows, including her dancing, comes across better live than on YouTube. The shows are meant to be experienced live. I liked FFT live more than Circus and POM live. I saw FFT three times, Circus twice, and POM once. Was the dancing amazing? No, obviously not. Was she entertaining? Hell yes.

Obviously nothing beats Primeney and DWAD/Onyx. But four of my friends went to the FFT with me -- all of them are Britney fans, though not stans -- and all of them had a great time. Yeah, they see that she doesn't dance like she used to. But they see that she moves a lot more than the vast majority of pop stars. And none of them care about the lip-synching because they understand that a Britney show is about the spectacle and set their expectations accordingly.

By the way, far more critics agree with me than with the negative 'fans' who can only appreciate Britney if she's the plastic Barbie of their narcissistic nostalgic wet dreams. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree.

the only thing better about Circus was she looked better. Although the stage looked amazing in photos, live it didn't work because half the time you couldn't see Britney and for a good portion of the performances she was just pushed across the huge stage.

FFT's pre-recorded vocals and crowd interaction were a lot better,    yes she wasn't dancing hardcore, but HIAM, TTWE, Slave, UnD were all better dancing highlights than anything on Circus. Plus performances like 3, HIR, BOMT and others are highly underrated.

I will say Toxic from the FFT is potentially my least favourite tour performance since I've been a fan though.

I hated it. I went 2 times (London and Rotterdam ('Rotterdale' for Britney :tiffcackle:) and it was bad. She looked drugged, didnt sing, danced stiff etc. The production looked cheap too. I was so bored. I decided to just enjoy the ambiance and the music and started partying with my friends.

On the way back home at the train, A LOT of people were complaining about the concert. I defended her because I felt sad for her, but they were right :(

Now with POM she still sucks and doesnt look like britney anymore. I still enjoy her music but thats kinda it. If she keeps performing like this I will never attend a concert from her.

But I'm glad you enjoyed it! :brit:

Call me a Brittard but I LOVE the FFT

As someone above said people can pick the worst videos or gifs to make it look awful. But I can pick my fave ones to make it look epic. Yes, she didn't look her best and her off nights were really off, but her good nights were absolutely great. Especially during the first dates she had some awesome moments of great energy and live vocals. And don't forget the epic setlist, great theme and kickass interludes

3 minutes ago, dancewithme said:

Call me a Brittard but I LOVE the FFT

As someone above said people can pick the worst videos or gifs to make it look awful. But I can pick my fave ones to make it look epic. Yes, she didn't look her best and her off nights were really off, but her good nights were absolutely great. Especially during the first dates she had some awesome moments of great energy and live vocals. And don't forget the epic setlist, great theme and kickass interludes

I have to say It actually looks better than POM :unreal:

Just now, brintyjoan said:

I have to say It actually looks better than POM :unreal:

It's actually a great show. I checked your dates and they were indeed not the best ones (Especially Rotterdam) but even DWAD and Onyx had not so good dates where she skipped choreography or looked tired. Some bad dates are unable to make a whole tour look bad. I can say I was totally slayed by the HIR and IUSA videos. The production was awesome. She brought a freakin' car on stage FFS. The visuals are great and I loved the "around the world" concept.

A bad video can even make the DWAD look bad (DLMBTLTK low pitched vocals)

It's T E R R I B L E, stop trying to say these things. The lip-synch's problem was always a thing, even during DWAD and OHT; the thing is in those two tours Britney was actually a real entertainer, a real dancer and some songs (not in every single night but almost) were actually completely live. But the bad critics were still here and maybe was not even absurd.

The Femme Fatale Tour is a bad copy of herself: why on earth someone should see a woman that can't dance and can't even sing a single AND SIMPLE song completely live (pre-rec and vocals on the tracks are NOT singing)? You should be objective: if the Femme Fatale Tour would be of a random and not famous singer, you would be very disappointed. A breakdown of Big Fat Bass danced well in one night could not save the entire thing; the fact she used her original choreography for I'm a Slave 4 U is not enough: the difference between the new Britney and the original one was more evident than ever and it's for that that I paradoxically prefer the POM's performance for Slave because at least the choreography is different and she still can't even perform in a decent way the breakdown (exactly like in 2011). 

I don't really care about the props and the storyline, those things are there for her money and her team, not for her artistry. The Piece Of Me show is TERRIBLE, but at least she can dance a little bit better during some songs and now she have a great body, that's why I prefer this show to FF tour. 

The main problem of this tour is - take out FFney and replace her with Circusney or POMney, it would make it a lot better. It has a great staging, special effects, background videos, choreography, and pre-recorded vocals. Costumes, not much; and no background vocalists. the set list is quite strong - it did serve its purpose in promoting the album; and the concept is also decent. Really the only problem is Britney, not just her performing skills (the dancing is no better than Circus Tour), but her physical appearance (and I'm not referring to her figure). For most of the time, she looked disengaged, uninterested, and forced to move her in there. Even the tiny bits of interactions she did there's no trace of any genuine enjoyment from her part; which is very critical because even Circusney was a horrible performer but you could only feel boredom from her moves, but her engagement can make you feel she is at least happy to be there. FFney was just really tragic.

I cant agree. I think its the opposite when saying a couple bad videos dont represent the tour because its more rare to find good performances. Bad isnt the right word either. She looked out of it and barely moved a lot of nights. Its not like she missed a step or had a prop break and had to simplify a performance. Yes the show is better in person, as all shows are. People spent a lot of money, hundreds just for one ticket. Thats not what fans deserve, and if she felt that bad she shouldnt have been on tour. Maybe it was contractual however thats her business. She owes us a great show if we payed for it. No not every night or performance was bad but the majority was. I love her but this exactly why I havent seen POM. I'd probably pay to see her if she came my way but even POM on a good night isnt worth the money. She can do so much better and did for over half her career! Thats the Britney fans fell in love with.

Archived