Jump to content

Best and worst album title?


celebration2009

Best and worst album title?  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Very straight-forward question.

Here is my opinion:

  • BOMT: I hate albums named after a song in the album, let alone the lead single.
  • OIDIA: Same thing as before but it has some (probably non-intentional) meaning with the "I'm not a one-hit wonder" stuff that was going on at the era.
  • Britney: Self-titled albums are so meh. I'd call it "Britney Spears" if I was naming it and it had to be self-titled. It sounds better.
  • ITZ: Good but something lacking.
  • BO: Amazing title. Represents the album and her personal life at the time very well.
  • Circus: I know what I said with the first two, but this one is great and the theme too.
  • Femme Fatale: Great title. Shame the era couldn't match it.
  • Britney Jean: Tragic. Two self-titled albums. And it's corny as **** too.
  • Glory: Booooring.

Best: Blackout.

Worst: Britney Jean.

gif0013.gif

Link to comment
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, The_Original_Toy said:

i feel like femme fatale sounds really kick *** 

  1. i mean the "theme" of the tour kinda matched with the whole spy thing but was it executed well?... lol nope

I have sth against that name... I didn't like the way Britney had to explain again and again what it means. Interviews of that time were horrible.
Coupure Electrique was more :nothavingit: lucky ...:drown:

Link to comment

I love Oops, it was such a "**** you" to anyone who said she'd be a 1-hit wonder. It was perfectly cheeky! :lemmetellu: I picked Glory as the worst but then instantly regretted it. :juggingu: Glory is actually a really nice name. BRITNEY JEAN ON THE OTHER HAND. If she hadn't destroyed all my brain cells with the "term of endearment" shtick, I would tolerate it more than I do now. :juggingu:

Link to comment
  • Twitter Team

People are only voting for Britney Jean not because of the title itself but because of the album. Which is sad really as it's not a bad album title.

BOMT and OIDIA both have bad titles but I voted BOMT. Blackout is her best album title.

Link to comment
Just now, Isla. said:

People are only voting for Britney Jean not because of the title itself but because of the album. Which is sad really as it's not a bad album title.

BOMT and OIDIA both have bad titles but I voted BOMT. Blackout is her best album title.

I personally think it's a lazy and unfitting title. The album obviously isn't her most "personal", and she already has a self titled album. It wasn't necessary imo.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Isla. said:

People are only voting for Britney Jean not because of the title itself but because of the album. Which is sad really as it's not a bad album title.

BOMT and OIDIA both have bad titles but I voted BOMT. Blackout is her best album title.

It's a corny *** title and that "term of endearment" bullshit only makes it worse. Plus, two self-titled albums? :nyheadache:

Link to comment
  • Twitter Team
14 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

It's a corny *** title and that "term of endearment" bullshit only makes it worse. Plus, two self-titled albums? :nyheadache:

Well she isn't the first to have two self titled albums. Kylie and Janet Jackson say hello :soyeah: 

Link to comment

I said best - Circus, worst Britney Jean

My opinion on each title:-

...Baby One More Time - ok even though I hate album titles being after 1st single, it did sort of work because it was her  1st album and it became iconic 

...Oops I did it again - quite lazy tbh. I find the title a bit cheesy , mind you its a better title than 'Sunflower' or 'Platinum 2000' which was what it was originally supposed to be called. Sunflower is a ok title but Platinum 2000 would automatically just date the album

Britney - I hate self-titled album. just smacks laziness and cant be bothered to think of a title

In The Zone - great title. Always thought it was quite a cool, urban title which suited the sound of the title

Blackout - Great title and it suited the album sound. My only problem is it automatically reminds you that its the album she recorded whilst she was having a really bad time

Circus - in my opinion, her best album title, really suited the album theme and made it into a really cool era

Femme Fatale - great title, but it has nothing to do with the album or any of the songs. Quite random

Britney Jean -  where do I start?? lol Firstly, like I've already said, I hate self-titled albums, it worst when you have more than one. Secondly, I always thought it was bit cheesy. Britney Jean is a nice name but not for an album title. 

Glory - I actually love the title itself, its impressive her son came up with it. However, like Femme Fatale, it has nothing to do with the album or any of the songs. And because her son came up with it, unless he heard the album which I doubt, its just a random title.

Link to comment
33 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

I said best - Circus, worst Britney Jean

My opinion on each title:-

...Baby One More Time - ok even though I hate album titles being after 1st single, it did sort of work because it was her  1st album and it became iconic 

...Oops I did it again - quite lazy tbh. I find the title a bit cheesy , mind you its a better title than 'Sunflower' or 'Platinum 2000' which was what it was originally supposed to be called. Sunflower is a ok title but Platinum 2000 would automatically just date the album

Britney - I hate self-titled album. just smacks laziness and cant be bothered to think of a title

In The Zone - great title. Always thought it was quite a cool, urban title which suited the sound of the title

Blackout - Great title and it suited the album sound. My only problem is it automatically reminds you that its the album she recorded whilst she was having a really bad time

Circus - in my opinion, her best album title, really suited the album theme and made it into a really cool era

Femme Fatale - great title, but it has nothing to do with the album or any of the songs. Quite random

Britney Jean -  where do I start?? lol Firstly, like I've already said, I hate self-titled albums, it worst when you have more than one. Secondly, I always thought it was bit cheesy. Britney Jean is a nice name but not for an album title. 

Glory - I actually love the title itself, its impressive her son came up with it. However, like Femme Fatale, it has nothing to do with the album or any of the songs. And because her son came up with it, unless he heard the album which I doubt, its just a random title.

omg you're from glasgow right? same :flawlessbye::Lshark:

Link to comment

I know everyone is so quick to say Blackout is the best, but COME ON.

Oops! I Did It Again is EASILY the best! Who else has a second album title that is that confident and cool??? She was like “Oops, here’s another diamond album....looks like I just slayed again!”

That will always be my favorite. It’s ICONIC.

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ă—
Ă—
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block