Best and worst album title?

celebration2009

Best and worst album title?  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackout, Glory, and Femme Fatale have the best titles. BOMT is the worst because it was nothing but using the hit single title as the album title. Circus is kinda boring because it's kind of a cliche. Britney and Britney Jean -- well, what can you say about self-titled albums? There shouldn't be two of them. In the Zone is cool. OIDIA is cool, too, for reasons people mentioned. Her album titles are usually good...too bad she has so many mediocre album covers.

• BOMT: I LOVE albums named after a song, let alone the lead single. That's how all the albums should be titled :lessons:
  • OIDIA: This is especially good, because of the double meaning, like, look, here's the one hit wonder ya'll thought I was gonna become, suck it.
  • Britney: I think the idea behind it was kinda good, but I don't like albums named after the artist, even worse when it's not the first album. Thalia for instance has like 3 totally different albums named Thalia, and it's like why? :wyd: I agree I'm a Slave 4 U would've been a weird name, but Overprotected sounded more appropriate.
  • ITZ: I'm used to it now, but I used to think it was just very ugly. Like, in the zone of what? Me Against the Music sounds better, but it doesn't really represent the vibe of the album.
  • Blackout: It really represents the era, but again, at least ITZ was a phrase from MATM, but Blackout doesn't even have nothing to do with any of the album tracks. It has created its own meaning, like its own identity, I think that's fine.
  • Circus: the album title is great in my opinion, and it's named after a song which is great, but it doesn't really represent the album tracks.
  • FF: again, like Blackout it has created its own identity, and it kinda matched the sound of the album. The fact that BFB is the only song that mentions the title doesn't add any extra points though...
  • BJ: another self titled album, but this time is different, because we actually never referred to Britney Spears as Britney Jean, even if we always knew it was her middle name, so it's almost as if it became a new persona, kinda like the Femme Fatale, or Mona Lisa for instance. When we say 'Britney' we think of the person, only a few people will automatically think of her third album, but with 'Britney Jean' no one will ever think of "oh, her middle name" we will always think of her infamous 8th album, and I think that's iconic.
  • Glory: now this one is definitely the worse album title, and it's a shame 'cause it's actually one of her best records. The story about her son is cute and all, but the title doesn't really have nothing to do with the songs, or the vibe and it doesn't sound that good, phonetically speaking. Like it's so short, and doesn't resonate like Circus or Blackout for example.

So for me:

• Best: Oops!... I Did It Again
  • Worst: Glory
37 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

It's confusing and annoying. :lessons:

I think it's perfect :makeitrain:

I mean, not too many albums start with "..."

In general I think all of her albums have very original names, except for Circus and maybe Glory, so I think that's great because otherwise she would end up falling in repetitive names, or like, names that other artist would eventually use for their albums too. Well, actually there's also a ton of albums named Blackout as well, but anyway, the thing is that's why it's better to name the album after a song, when it has such a peculiar name like ...Baby One More Time or Oops!...I Did It Again.

Archived