Britney's 'Baby One More Time' Album Is Now Available On Vinyl, And It's Selling Like Hot Cakes

Jordan Miller

Guest Diamond Horse
7 minutes ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

You mean custom taxes cause of custom clearance. I knwo the deal. Ordering a shirt in Britneys site always costs me over 100 bucks. FML....this vinyl looks so epic tho but I guess i will never ha e it

Yeah in Estonia in Estonian they are called V.A.T. and toll fee, but I am not sure if they translate directly.

I just checked though, the "toll fee" borderline for my homeland Estonia for the outside EU packages  is 22 euros. And currently 

24.98 U.S. dollars = 21.1967059 Euros

It is unsure for me though if it would change anything if the exchange rate changes after I made the purchase.

But currently it seems like I would be free of custom taxes cause of custom clearance. It is looking good. But I don't have the vinyl player to begin with, so.. 

And yeah, their shipping fees are insane lol But I can understand, they want safe shipping perhaps  (?)

But yeah, I feel for you

And then again, I have had a bad experience with these custom taxes. I think now I am more cautious.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the European we site will offer this too. Including shipment the record will be 55 dollars. I have calculated the custom taxes that will be added. The grand total of all of it would be 73 EURO meaning around 80 dollar. FML that is waaaaay too much to have it shipped overseas, please just release this worldwide for once:crying2: this ALWAYS happens with UO. America gets all the nice stuff and Europe gets left outside alone...

9 minutes ago, Diamond Horse said:

Yeah in Estonia in Estonian they are called V.A.T. and toll fee, but I am not sure if they translate directly.

I just checked though, the "toll fee" borderline for my homeland Estonia for the outside EU packages  is 22 euros. And currently 

24.98 U.S. dollars = 21.1967059 Euros

It is unsure for me though if it would change anything if the exchange rate changes after I made the purchase.

But currently it seems like I would be free of custom taxes cause of custom clearance. It is looking good. But I don't have the vinyl player to begin with, so.. 

And yeah, their shipping fees are insane lol But I can understand, they want safe shipping perhaps  (?)

But yeah, I feel for you

And then again, I have had a bad experience with these custom taxes. I think now I am more cautious.

Shipping must be included in those 22 euros sadly. You will have to pay around 73 euro in grand total including custom taxes of VAT. The 22 euros includes shipping which is ridiculous. It mzans you will ALWAY SUCCEED THAT AMOUNT when buying from the US just because of the shipping.

I posted about it on my Snapchat story and a few friends snapped me back saying.. really thinking about buying it. One of them even said she doesn't have a record player but wants to get it cause it's Limited. Ugh. Why is older britney loved so much but current is forgotten. :wyd:

Queen :cinderellaney:

Guest Diamond Horse
13 minutes ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Shipping must be included in those 22 euros sadly. You will have to pay around 73 euro in grand total including custom taxes of VAT. The 22 euros includes shipping which is ridiculous. It mzans you will ALWAY SUCCEED THAT AMOUNT when buying from the US just because of the shipping.

Oh I was confused about that. Thanks for bringing my attention.

Anyway, the last item I ordered from Murica was 42,75 dollars with shipping. BUT - I let the small company mark it as a gift for me. A gift's borderline for that fee is 45 euros. And the second fee would come to play for me when it is over 150 euros.

I was confused because on the package there was only a declaration with the value of the goods without shipping. That got me confused.

DHNztdzWAAAhFJP.jpg

Britney's debut album, "...Baby One More Time" is available for preorder on vinyl as an Urban Outfitters exclusive!

Pressed to just 2,500 copies on a pink + white swirl vinyl 

Spoiler

mcr_may_death_dtc_vinyl.jpg

You can preorder this item now and you will not be charged until the item has shipped (after Nov. 03)

Preorder: https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/britney-spears-baby-one-more-time-limited-lp?cm_mmc=social-_-tw-_-8142017-_-vinyl&utm_campaign=vinyl&utm_content=8142017&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_term=babyonemoretime

1 hour ago, Diamond Horse said:

I just checked!!

Estonia's fees if the package comes from outside European Union

1) V.A.T. fee : ordinarily 20% of the value of package - don't have to pay if it is a  business package of which value is under 22 euros (aha, 25 dollars is currently a little under 22 euros, so I wouldn't have to pay it) (EDIT: aha, I have to check though what will happen if the exchange course changes after the purchase.... could totally happen :triggered: but not sure if they assess the value whenever the package arrives in the toll... )

2) Toll fee is 0 to 17% depending on the type of the contents and one in Estonia doesn't have to pay if the value is under 150 euros.

:calculating::calculating::calculating: (jk)

So, in conclusion I wouldn't have to pay these worrisome fees with this vinyl in case I order only one per package.

That would be lucky.

But I still won't be ordering one :tiffcackle:

For me, these fees could still make it a nuisance to order something from outside of European Union

OMG that's too much. I won't order one either but hopefully I can tell someone from the Us to get it for me.

Guest Diamond Horse
30 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

OMG that's too much. I won't order one either but hopefully I can tell someone from the Us to get it for me.

Well originally I thought that shipping is not included in the calculations , but Sam said it is!

In this case I, from Estonia, should pay additional 20% of (24.98 dollars+shipping what is, if I saw it right 30 dollars=)55.98 dollars

That would mean 11 dollars 20 cents extra fee (but in euros)

And in case I wanted a civilian from US to send it as a package to me then the value of the vinyl is already 24.98 dollars and I would have to make sure that this with shipping doesn't exceed 45 euros for me to not have to pay any clearance fees. I think it would be pretty doable :slayney:

But this is how it is for me in Estonia. I am not sure, but maybe it is different for your country?

EDIT: then again, I am not sure how they calculate the value of something when it is sent from US to me from a civilian. pfffft, lots to learn here, I must and will confess.

Archived