Why Britney isn't known as revolutionary pop artist?

KatLove

3 minutes ago, Godllory said:

He/She was general talk there. (Dosomething954) not related revolutionary :tiffsmoke: 

I was responding to the OP question which mentioned revolutionary things such as her OOPS costume, etc. The revolutionary things Britney did was in her prime 13 years ago. You randomly mentioned circus just because it was successful.... 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She didn't continue doing it. I can only hope that she will continue to plunge forward artistically and make killer pop music but she will always be considered the definitive princess of pop. I think if her breakdown didn't occur and she had more control in the past i.e. releasing Original Doll then things would be different but we can't change the past. Britney can't perform at their level so that's the biggest reason. 

her prime was too short.. 

she was a big phenomena though and was the star of a generation. unfortunately people concentrate too much on negative things. when they talk about brit in german media for example, they only mention her scandals, rarely mentioning her outstanding performances, and WHEN its like "her provocative performances with the snake, or the strip dance , lip-syncing .." they have like zero respect and don't appreciate her as an artist. 

3 hours ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Everyone is manufactured in some way but I do wish Britney would've changed people's thoughts about her. She should start telling people how involved she in the studio, and less "it's so cool" :gross:

She can dance, she can sing, she can write, she can look beautiful when she wants to. But for some reason she just doesn't let any of the things I mentioned shine. Quite sad, Britney has wasted so much of her potential. :idkney:

2 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Are you serious? I don't like her but say Queen Bee and who will most say?

I don't see her music appealing enough to be remembered years from now. Formation was a top #10 hit in the US, but Europe doesn't even know about its existence. She hasn't a hit since..... Halo? 

What I also think why Beyonce is so praised as a performer is because of her ******* confidence, swagger and her style. She's ******* seen as strong woman.... 

Lemonade? Overrated as **** musically, lacks hits but the visual saved the **** out of it. 

3 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

I was responding to the OP question which mentioned revolutionary things such as her OOPS costume, etc. The revolutionary things Britney did was in her prime 13 years ago. You randomly mentioned circus just because it was successful.... 

Not just because it has a succesful era.. Lol. Womanizer song and music video is also huge impact WW, memorable and among the britney classics on the world....

Because after the breakdown, she's been playing it safe and doing music (up until Glory) that was meant to be mainstream and repair her image. Long gone was her personality, her insane dance skills, she became rather reclusive and not like the bubbly persona she was known for and it seemed she was content being under the radar rather than a leading force in pop. It also doesn't help rather than pushing her artistic abilities further and perhaps ditching the Lolita image, she's literally relying on past glories to keep afloat (Vegas, GH medleys) as opposed to the likes of Madonna who tours on newer material. 

43 minutes ago, Style. said:

I don't see her music appealing enough to be remembered years from now. Formation was a top #10 hit in the US, but Europe doesn't even know about its existence. She hasn't a hit since..... Halo? 

What I also think why Beyonce is so praised as a performer is because of her ******* confidence, swagger and her style. She's ******* seen as strong woman.... 

Lemonade? Overrated as **** musically, lacks hits but the visual saved the **** out of it.

Even without having a hit here in Europe in a very long time, she's still able to tour stadiums.

3 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Even without having a hit here in Europe in a very long time, she's still able to tour stadiums.

I know, but this proved more what I've stated above. A lot of people go to her concerts because she's Beyonce, the incredible performer and the next MJ, the King of the seven kingdoms. A lot of friends of mine doesn't even stan her or something, but they went to that tour because "she's the best perfromer of our generation" and I was like srsly *******..:wyd:

51 minutes ago, Style. said:

I know, but this proved more what I've stated above. A lot of people go to her concerts because she's Beyonce, the incredible performer and the next MJ, the King of the seven kingdoms. A lot of friends of mine doesn't even stan her or something, but they went to that tour because "she's the best perfromer of our generation" and I was like srsly *******..:wyd:

If ppl think that...it in the end will pave her legacy status.

Here is Britney in which most ppl still think she is crazy and bald. Not good. It's painful her legacy ended so young because of her attitude. 

5 hours ago, RedCarpet said:

MJ and Madonna are artist they really do their stuff. Britney is just a product, most of her iconic **** was made by someone for her. 

This is actually not true believe it or not. :mattafact:

3 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

What impact did Womanizer have? :wtfdidusay:

No it definitely had impact, i remember the Circus era was HUGE, she was everywhere, her tour was super successful, and her songs were being played everywhere, she had so much momentum. If she had continued looking like she at least cared about her career during the Femme Fatale era, then her career would be in a much better place but due to her laziness during the Femme Fatale era, all that momentum was gone, and people stopped caring about her after the Femme Fatale tour.

3 hours ago, Godllory said:

Not just because it has a succesful era.. Lol. Womanizer song and music video is also huge impact WW, memorable and among the britney classics on the world....

Womanizer is not at all a Britney classic. Not comparable to her prime songs. Again, yes the song was successful and well known. No one is doubting that she had success. but nothing like the instant association of Britney to Baby, Oops, Toxic, etc. when ppl dress up for Halloween, it's either the school girl costume, the red catsuit, the nude bodysuit, the slave outfit/snake, etc. Those were revolutionary pop moments. Ppl do karaoke, 9/10 they do baby, oops, toxic, gimme more (maybe), and slave. Those were major moments. Of course she had later success, and ppl still knew her songs from circus and FF but nothing even close to the pandemonium of her prime. Success doesn't mean revolutionary. Her truly defining pop moments lasted six years. MJ and Madonna had defining pop moments/classic songs that spanned decades. That's what the OP is talking about and that's one of the reasons why she's not highly regarded like them. The things the gp remember being amazing about her happened 13 years ago. FF was also successful but that era was a flop on other levels. So success def doesn't equal revolutionary

Just now, ShowdownITZ said:

No it definitely had impact, i remember the Circus era was HUGE, she was everywhere, her tour was super successful, and her songs were being played everywhere, she had so much momentum. But due to her laziness during the Femme Fatale era, all that momentum was gone, and people stopped caring about her after the Femme Fatale tour.

I'm not denying it's sucess, but want to know what "impact" it had? And I mean actual impact, not "IMPACT!!1!1!!".

Archived