Why Britney isn't known as revolutionary pop artist?

KatLove

We all know the trinity which is MJ(KOP), Madonna(QOP) and Britney(POP), but MJ and Madonna are the only one's you can 100% say they made a HUGE impact in pop and revolutionized it in their own ways. In my opinion MJ had the biggest impact and revolutionized it and saved it with Thriller, ect... If Britney is the Princess of POP why don't people say she made an impact in pop or that she revolutionized it in someways? 

Didn't she come up with most of the iconic moments in her career like the BOMT outfit, the Oops video and outfit and MTV performance, Slave outfit and video and MTV performance, Toxic concept, white girl dancing with so much rhythm? Also the biggest one is that NO ONE SINCE HER PRIME HAS TOPPED THE PHENOMENON OF BRITNEY SPEARS FROM 1999-2004!!!! Isn't that huge? Like who since Britney became a global force with her debut single and became THE BRITNEY SPEARS? Don't forget the media and public were obsessed with her and obsessed with her ABS and BODY!!!! Also her stage outfits, charisma, star quality, stage presence hasn't been matched since her prime too. We haven't seen a phenomenon like that since MJ and Madonna. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DoSomething954 said:

Maybe because 2004 was such a long time ago. All the things you mentioned happened over 13 years ago. Ppl have short memories. Especially seeing how her career is now. Could you imagine if the highlight of MJ and Madonna's careers only lasted 5/6 years?

17 minutes ago, Style. said:

what is a MJ, Madonna or a Brittany when there's better legends, such as Mariah who invented mouth singing and the creator of booty dancing, Janet Jackson? Like, srsly *******, learn what is WORLD WIDE success and forget about local acts such as MJ, Madge or Brittany.... 

993mgx.jpg

Mariah invented #1

993mgx.jpg

She is given credit for bringing the bubblegum pop back in. 

Lets be real though MJ and Madonna made it so long into their careers and did so much. Britney did a lot and she was on her way to be as impactful as them but sadly Beyonce is going to be  the most impactful artist of our generation. 

2 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

She is given credit for bringing the bubblegum pop back in. 

Lets be real though MJ and Madonna made it so long into their careers and did so much. Britney did a lot and she was on her way to be as impactful as them but sadly Beyonce is going to be  the most impactful artist of our generation. 

I can't see Beyonce being something in the future... idk, just my opinion

21 minutes ago, DoSomething954 said:

Maybe because 2004 was such a long time ago. All the things you mentioned happened over 13 years ago. Ppl have short memories. Especially seeing how her career is now. Could you imagine if the highlight of MJ and Madonna's careers only lasted 5/6 years?

but Circus era was a huge impact on Worldwide :tiffsmoke:..8 years ago..

7 minutes ago, "I always sing live!" said:

If we're being honest here, Britney is the epitome of a manufactured pop star. :idkney: Max Martin deserves half of the credit Britney deserves. :brityes:

Everyone is manufactured in some way but I do wish Britney would've changed people's thoughts about her. She should start telling people how involved she in the studio, and less "it's so cool" :gross:

7 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

What exactly was revolutionary or impactful about the Circus era? :wtfdidusay:

He/She was general talk there. (Dosomething954) not related revolutionary :tiffsmoke: 

41 minutes ago, Godllory said:

but Circus era was a huge impact on Worldwide :tiffsmoke:..8 years ago..

I think there is a difference between success and notoriety. Like MJ had a successful era with his invincible album. But do ppl in gp think of that album when they think MJ? No. They think of all the things that made him MJ. The things that made britney Britney happened over a decade ago. Ppl don't mention circus era or anything after when they think Britney. Only we do. It's all from her prime, which only lasted 6 years. And she didn't improve as far as artistry as she got further in her career. MJ and Madonna did. She'll always be a major pop name but There are many reasons she's isn't regarded super highly now. 

Archived