Why Britney isn't known as revolutionary pop artist?

KatLove

Just now, Pedro Dantas said:

I'm not denying it's sucess, but want to know what "impact" it had? And I mean actual impact, not "IMPACT!!1!1!!".

It was seen as a huge comeback and people still remember it cause the media always talks about how much she's been through and how strong she is for coming back from all that. But if you mean by impact, that it had to revolutionize music, then no it didn't :idkney:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

It was seen as a huge comeback and people still remember it cause the media always talks about how much she's been through and how strong she is for coming back from all that. But if you mean by impact, that it had to revolutionize music, then no it didn't :idkney:

It doesn't need to revolutionize music, it just needs to have impact. Ask yourself this: Had Womanizer not existed, would pop music be any different? Britney could've easily come back to the spotlight with another generic bop and the dance-pop trend probsbly would've kept going strong. Womanizer is iconic, but not impactful.

1 minute ago, Pedro Dantas said:

It doesn't need to revolutionize music, it just needs to have impact. Ask yourself this: Had Womanizer not existed, would pop music be any different? Britney could've easily come back to the spotlight with another generic bop. Womanizer is iconic, but not impactful.

Fair and smart point :urite::mattafact:

8 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

I think there is a difference between success and notoriety. Like MJ had a successful era with his invincible album. But do ppl in gp think of that album when they think MJ? No. They think of all the things that made him MJ. The things that made britney Britney happened over a decade ago. Ppl don't mention circus era or anything after when they think Britney. Only we do. It's all from her prime, which only lasted 6 years. And she didn't improve as far as artistry as she got further in her career. MJ and Madonna did. She'll always be a major pop name but There are many reasons she's isn't regarded super highly now. 

Agreed. Is Britney Iconic in our eyes..yes but I think the success of Madonna and MJ is vastly different for how long they stayed relevant and changed their style. Britney unfortunately hasn't and with Vegas she's become kind of stale and hasn't really pushed herself to be everywhere like she was. She'll have to do A LOT to pull herself out of it and become the artistic, successful, game-changing queen I know she can be! :bwink: 

8 minutes ago, bspearsMJfan5 said:

Agreed. Is Britney Iconic in our eyes..yes but I think the success of Madonna and MJ is vastly different for how long they stayed relevant and changed their style. Britney unfortunately hasn't and with Vegas she's become kind of stale and hasn't really pushed herself to be everywhere like she was. She'll have to do A LOT to pull herself out of it and become the artistic, successful, game-changing queen I know she can be! :bwink: 

Yes. It's sad how stunted her career has become. It seems like just now she's getting the confidence back to maybe push the boundaries with her art. But she has a long way to go

1 minute ago, DoSomething954 said:

Yes. It's sad how stunted her career has become. It seems like just now she's getting the confidence back to maybe push the boundaries with her art. But she has a long way to go

It is sad, with how far she's come you'd think it would be different. There are many factors that contributed to her lack of popularity today; which we've all discussed. (Iist goes on and on..:meltdown: ) I get so pissed off seeing her now and thinking what could be!!  I still love her and will stan for life but its frustrating when you adore her and people around you are like Britney?? :girlwhat: She's becoming irrelevant and that's what I don't want!! She is getting her confidence back and looks Amazing!! I'm hopeful for the future, and that she pushes herself and it gets people talking!

40 minutes ago, bspearsMJfan5 said:

Okay then why couldn't she change it up in her prime? Like Madonna did?

• Super Mods

I mean she basically set the bar for being a pop star. Even nowadays people follow her formula ,  I mean bubble gum pop was a dud at the time but she came in being all sugar and spice and set the trend. I mean all pop singers were molded after her. 

Britney tarnished her own image. The breakdown really hurt the GP's opinion of her, everyone still thinks she's crazy. But she doesn't do much to battle that. She stopped dancing, she doesn't sing live at all, she doesn't usually show much personality in interviews, when she does actually talk it's not often very educated or eloquent and it's very clear that she doesn't have a lot of creative input in her career. The weirder part is that she doesn't seem to want to. This is like the world's most fun hobby to her. Other revolutionary artists are so involved. Take Madonna - she co-writes her own songs, mostly sings live (she's like 60 and lips some but it's mostly live), still gives an energetic performance, plays instruments, edits her own videos/tour DVDs, co-directs a lot of her projects and has a VOICE. She has a lot to say and uses music and performances to push boundaries and start social commentary. Britney doesn't do any of that.

Archived