IMA SLAVE 4 U FLOP ; REASONS

BritintheZone

Why? After a scandalize vma performance

anigif_enhanced-4939-1462211007-2.gif 

and video

tumblr_nhmw7i4obu1rsh8hwo1_500.gif

It was a lead single , during her prime. Why it flop? Was it the radio ban( was that really a thing or just a rumor)? Was it cause it was the frist time she was really really ****** and a complete image change? 

I was wanna know I was really young and its my favorite song :forkit:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was not a ban yet when Slave dropped I think

You have to remember Britney did not have a variety of formats of radio playing her at the time and the  hot100 charts at that time had transition to airplay only

Britney was only going to get so far, but the song did peak at #27 which is not bad

2 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

There was not a ban yet when Slave dropped I think

You have to remember Britney did not have a variety of formats of radio playing her at the time and the  hot100 charts at that time had transition to airplay only

Britney was only going to get so far, but the song did peak at #27 which is not bad

You think anything under 50 is good :whitney:

But yeah, the ban was in effect.

9 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Um, that's terrible. But she took a risk and it paid off because it's one of her best songs and a great career moment.

That's all that matters

9 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

You think anything under 50 is good :whitney:

But yeah, the ban was in effect.

Is there a problem?:donewithit:

I didn't even know about the radio ban back then... it makes sense then.... 

But I don't see it as a flop, it did well tho, but I imagine it would have been even bigger if not the radio ban.

I barely would listen to the radio back then. I think it saved that tv and music channels had the impact back then. Me and my friends would love watching top20 on MTV or Top100 on VIVA... I still remember when I'm a Slave 4 U landed on top 4 in Germany.

Good old days...

Guest $elfish
2 hours ago, BritintheZone said:

Why? After a scandalize vma performance

anigif_enhanced-4939-1462211007-2.gif 

and video

tumblr_nhmw7i4obu1rsh8hwo1_500.gif

It was a lead single , during her prime. Why it flop? Was it the radio ban( was that really a thing or just a rumor)? Was it cause it was the frist time she was really really ****** and a complete image change? 

I was wanna know I was really young and its my favorite song :forkit:

Yes the radio ban is a real thing I remember reading somewhere that she had a choice between a deal with radio stations or pepsi 

and she chose Pepsi ( gj brinny thx we wouldn't have these iconic commercials) 

Guest $elfish
2 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

Clear Channel radio ban on Britney, yeah. Yes, fans split, but it wasn't as big of a loss as 2007. It was the ban.

Can't believe "fans" left Britney when she was going through a hard time :tiffcackle: just like that forum owner what ever the **** his name was 

I could tell they cared about her so much as a person:whitney:

5 minutes ago, Plaidatlo said:

I didn't even know about the radio ban back then... it makes sense then.... 

But I don't see it as a flop, it did well tho, but I imagine it would have been even bigger if not the radio ban.

I barely would listen to the radio back then. I think it saved that tv and music channels had the impact back then. Me and my friends would love watching top20 on MTV or Top100 on VIVA... Good old days...

Was Ima slave 4 u like number one on trl and shows like that? 

2 hours ago, Isla. said:

It deffo was the radio ban. The song still did well internationally. Without radio play Britney's singles couldn't chart high.

Archived