I was watching a Janet Jackson performance on youtube from 2001 and

Bethany Jean

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

We will always have that mysterious Mannequin rehearsal where she proves she CAN still dance as she used to but tbh my hopes for her to dance like that again are almost cero. 

I don't care if she doesn't dance like she used too. If she just dances the way she was last year during the revamp every night, then I would be happy. I want her to pre-record her vocals for her dance numbers and sing ballads live. And to promote her music and take herself seriously. Most importantly, she needs to CARE about her career again.

11 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

I don't care if she doesn't dance like she used too. If she just dances the way she was last year during the revamp every night, then I would be happy. I want her to pre-record her vocals for her dance numbers and sing ballads live. And to promote her music and take herself seriously. Most importantly, she needs to CARE about her career again.

Yes, the POM 2.0 has been her best dancing post breakdown. She seemed to have the energy and passion back but the fact that the choreographies she uses are so dumb + she's been doing that for so long, it's easy to understand that she gets bored so easy and so fast. 

Where is the lie?

Stop trying to make up excuses. I don't even have to bother looking through this thread to know some of y'all are. The injury DID NOT effect her dancing. She has proven that. She is simply lazy, this is why people are pissed at her here all of the time, and you will deal. :lessons: The truth may hurt, but it always does.

21 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

Where is the lie?

Stop trying to make up excuses. I don't even have to bother looking through this thread to know some of y'all are. The injury DID NOT effect her dancing. She has proven that. She is simply lazy, this is why people are pissed at her here all of the time, and you will deal. :lessons: The truth may hurt, but it always does.

What do you think would happen if the injury never happened? Do you think she still would've gotten lazy on her shows?

Just now, ShowdownITZ said:

What do you think would happen if the injury never happened? Do you think she still would've gotten lazy on her shows?

Yes. I don't think it was the injury that caused the laziness; the injury was just the result of being pushed too hard. I honestly think it's a lack of passion and genuine interest. She has it when she's dancing for herself, but once she hits the stage, it all seems to go away.

We don't fully understand the complexity of Britney's health issues both mental & physical, however, there has been a substantial amount of evidence that Britney's case was both severe & required pharmaceutical maintenance. 

It boggles my mind that people are still so ignorant to the fact that this is a woman who legit ALMOST DIED!! Many medical professionals on the mental health circuit have said that they are amazed at how incredible she's done & is doing.. 

So then we have the petty, uneducated, vapid people that complain about how lazy Britney is.. yes, it's sad.. we all know it. Britney was a phenomenal performer & something happened to her that rocked her entire world!! 

So.. she didn't do an extra step ball change & a leg thrust 1,2,3 , arm swing, back arch... boo ******* hoo!! 

When you put her rumored (basically confirmed) diagnosis of ADHD/Bi-Polar & then add the emotional trauma & the medication shifts to find the right formula .. when Britney performs meh it could actually take her 10x the work that one of her prime performances took. There have been plenty of insiders that say that without the ADHD medication that she used to be on that it requires a lot of focus & therapy for her to get shows down pat. She doesn't see the choreo the same anymore , it's like a puzzle that doesn't make sense to her. She has begun rigerous excercise regimens because this actually helps with her attention & retention. 

I mean in all reality guys.. put down your troll hats, be a legit human being for a second & really think about it.. we have a Woman who not only was publicly humiliated on a daily basis but was also suffering from some sort of induced mental disorder brought on by medication used to treat her ADHD.. then I'm almost positive that the hormonal shifts of having children made this spiral into dark territory.. she was broken by K-Fed also humiliated.. she had her kids taken away from her & we we're on the brink of not even having Britney anymore.. after all of that she faced the world, got back up & performed regardless of people still putting her down. She actually managed to have another career peak from 2008-2012 & she has now gotten way more comfortable on stage. To be honest ppl ***** about POM but it's still got more show, more bang & way more choreo than anybody else out there right now (well except JLo) 

Give it a rest really.. give the woman her damn standing ovation already 

Janet was 38 around this time and still was able to pull off hardcore choreography :bow: all the while during this time the majority of America turned their backs on her because of the Superbowl backlash and the media made fun of her. She didn't have a public breakdown and nor did it affect her performance skills.

Archived