Where Myah sings? Where Britney sings? (Collective research thread)

LoanSPW

14 hours ago, LoanSPW said:

Your description of the songs pretty much corresponds to what I said in the very first post. Thank you very much for this it's pretty helpful.

I've noticed everything you've mentionned about vocal producing/credits inconsistencies too. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this!

Maybe you could try to analize word by word where Myah/Britney sings like I did in the first post? :)

I'll try later on for a few of the mixed songs, I can't pull myself to listen to ''Britney Spears- Body Ache'' knowing its all Myah.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

It kinda breaks my heart. I discovered in this forum like a month or 2 ago that Britney Jean was kind of a big lie, but if I'm 100% honest, Passenger is my favorite and from the 1rst listening I was thinking like "it's not how she sings usually, her voice is used differently". I was way too naive to think it could be another girl. Now I hear it better, it's more with the technique and way of singing that we can clearly hear the difference.

I confess, i feel like a false fan. I stopped being a hardcore fan for years now, cause I've grown up and was not obsessed anymore, but I listened and sang every of her songs and couldn't spot the trick myself. 

One thing that gives me a hard time is :

1. why would brit still sing those songs she must have hated not to sing them ? (Work B in mind)

2. How on earth can Brit let someone sing a duet with her sis ?

3. How on earth is it not Britney singing those personal songs like Brightest morning stars, about her boys ?

4. Why the hell didn't she fire everyone, I mean at some point she fired Felicia who is a sweetheart but it seems like she stayed with the AH that made her career a mess... 

????!!!!

i have to get over it because it's just an album, (and my BF loughs so hard at me, I'm being ridiculous) but there are definitely plenty of things i don't understand in this industry. It's Britney's album and voice and no one gives a ***, they do whatever they want without her approval.

On 20/08/2017 at 7:47 PM, MissDarcy said:

It kinda breaks my heart. I discovered in this forum like a month or 2 ago that Britney Jean was kind of a big lie, but if I'm 100% honest, Passenger is my favorite and from the 1rst listening I was thinking like "it's not how she sings usually, her voice is used differently". I was way too naive to think it could be another girl. Now I hear it better, it's more with the technique and way of singing that we can clearly hear the difference.

I confess, i feel like a false fan. I stopped being a hardcore fan for years now, cause I've grown up and was not obsessed anymore, but I listened and sang every of her songs and couldn't spot the trick myself. 

One thing that gives me a hard time is :

1. why would brit still sing those songs she must have hated not to sing them ? (Work B in mind)

2. How on earth can Brit let someone sing a duet with her sis ?

3. How on earth is it not Britney singing those personal songs like Brightest morning stars, about her boys ?

4. Why the hell didn't she fire everyone, I mean at some point she fired Felicia who is a sweetheart but it seems like she stayed with the AH that made her career a mess... 

????!!!!

i have to get over it because it's just an album, (and my BF loughs so hard at me, I'm being ridiculous) but there are definitely plenty of things i don't understand in this industry. It's Britney's album and voice and no one gives a ***, they do whatever they want without her approval.

To answer your first 3 questions, Britney probably recorded quite some vocals for the album that went unused: the Passenger/Alien pro-tools have vocals that were replaced by Myah's in the final versions. On Brightest Morning Star, Britney's voice is used as BGV, while Myah's voice is used as both lead and bgv. Also it seems unlikely that she recorded 6 words for Chillin' With You and left the studio (unless she really hated it and said '**** it'). You may have noticed that every song where the vocals are produced by Anthony Preston have Myah vocals on them (at least to me). The only songs that don't have Myah on the lead vocals to me are Perfume and Don't Cry.

Britney probably recorded Work ***** and liked it, but I think her vocals were used on POM only, with the exception of a very few. (see first post to know where).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2017 at 7:10 PM, OopsOverprotected said:

Not here for Perfume and Don't Cry th:gross:

Don't Cry is flawless and you can leave. :byebitch: 

On 7/29/2017 at 9:30 AM, Oliver T said:

TBQH I replaced the album version of WB with the Apple Music Festival one on iTunes since it's all Britney vocals on this one :tbh: 

Honestly, she sounds very similar to the backing track, which is definitely the original version. Myah may get a lot of hate, but she is pretty damn good at approximating Britney's voice. :o 

On 7/30/2017 at 8:15 AM, Acai Berry said:

I'm so happy that most of us think that Don't Cry is 100% Britney because it's my favourite song on the album :o It don't deserve to be on BJ, I'm so sad that this album was destroyed by Myah and Will.I.Am :jlostare: I'm actually so mad because the whole concept of Britney Jean is really good but it got destroyed, I wish it was a truly personal album full of songs like Alien, Don't Cry, Hold On Tight etc. with Britney singing on it... if she cared about it and if it wasn't that rushed it could be a really good album tbh :decisions:

I LOVE Don't Cry. Once the whole Myah situation leaked back in 2013, I knew DC was all Britney because it sounded exactly like the DWAD-era vocals.

On 7/31/2017 at 3:40 PM, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

What becomes clear is that wherever Anthony Preston is present, Myah Marie is present.

Along with will.i.am, those two can go BURN.

9 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Honestly, she sounds very similar to the backing track, which is definitely the original version. Myah may get a lot of hate, but she is pretty damn good at approximating Britney's voice. :o

Hmm, I actually think that Britney's voice sounds quite different here compared to the original voice that is heard on the backing track (the album version), especially during the talking sections. What might confuse you is that when she performs it live, the backing track is constantly there and quite loud, but if one day, the isolated pre-recorded vocals leak, I'm sure we'll notice the difference even more.

2 minutes ago, Kevney said:

How did this delated thread return? It's garbage. :wtf:

I think that If it was really garbage people wouldn't have been answering and willing to share opinions on it. I'm sorry it offends you, why do you think it's garbage tho? You disagree with my assumptions?

2 hours ago, Kevney said:

How did this delated thread return? It's garbage. :wtf:

Because it was never deleted. Also, how can it be garbage? It wasn't made by you. :imcute: 

2 hours ago, LoanSPW said:

What might confuse you is that when she performs it live, the backing track is constantly there and quite loud, but if one day, the isolated pre-recorded vocals leak, I'm sure we'll notice the difference even more.

True.

2 hours ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Taste :urite:

Yep. I always have it when it comes to Britney. :queenflopga: And lose it when it comes to men. :britdrown: 

5 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Something wrong in your personal life? :nicki2:

You mean aside from my ******* ex boyfriend cheating on me online for the last month of our relationship, dumping me on New Year's and flying in his ***** from halfway across the world about a week after I left our home? And then spending months getting consistently rejected by every single guy I'm attracted to? And then getting catfished (which thankfully I didn't fall for at all)? And then meeting a guy I did like and then he goes radio silent because he was in PR when Maria hit on Wednesday?

Or the fact that I'm working a minimum wage, 13-hour job and have been struggling to find something with decent hours and pay for months in order to move out of my mother's house? Nah, my personal life is... fine. :pieceofwhat: 

12 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

You mean aside from my ******* ex boyfriend cheating on me online for the last month of our relationship, dumping me on New Year's and flying in his ***** from halfway across the world about a week after I left our home? And then spending months getting consistently rejected by every single guy I'm attracted to? And then getting catfished (which thankfully I didn't fall for at all)? And then meeting a guy I did like and then he goes radio silent because he was in PR when Maria hit on Wednesday?

Or the fact that I'm working a minimum wage, 13-hour job and have been struggling to find something with decent hours and pay for months in order to move out of my mother's house? Nah, my personal life is... fine. :pieceofwhat: 

:disbelief: that’s a lot to go through, sorry to hear that, well hopefully everything gets better in a couple of months :yeahhh:

Given that Myah supposedly has a friend who now posts here and who has admitted its her singing lead on most of BJ, if it's indeed true the person is friends with her (I don't see why they'd lie), I don't see why people continue to argue this point anymore. (Not to take anything away from your research, Loan. The denial over BJ just astounds me.)

Archived