Where Myah sings? Where Britney sings? (Collective research thread)

LoanSPW

Just now, Chaoscontrol said:

I agree a lot of the songs had great potential. Passenger, TTB, TIG are all pretty decent songs. But the cheap production and Myah vocals make them smeh. With a little more effort/polishing, it could've been a decent album. 

Not amazing, but decent lol

Til It’s Gone is so bad :nydisgust: the lyrics are meh and the production is some of the worst I heard. I don’t think there’s any saving that song. TTB and Passenger both have potential. Could’ve been some of Britney’s best songs :ohi:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Songs like Passenger and HOT hadso much potential, if she sang the whole thing. :tiffsniffle: I love Britney but this is on-par with a Katy Perry album, it’s one of the worst albums I ever heard. Why did she do this? :triggered:

She probably sang all of them but the producers decided to mix ****. But yeah, to your point she should have at least the decency to refuse such a horrible tactic. This album makes me feel so cheated:tiffsniffle: and i've never been into any kinds of relationship :selenerz:

Just now, Itachi said:

She probably sang all of them but the producers decided to mix ****. But yeah, to your point she should have at least the decency to refuse such a horrible tactic. This album makes me feel so cheated:tiffsniffle: and i've never been into any kinds of relationship :selenerz:

I mean of course she did, she wouldn’t have picked certain parts of the song to sing. The producers just put Myah in the places Britney lacked. I don’t care anymore about it tho, it didn’t make me dislike her, artists have probably done worst (don’t get me wrong what she did was horrible) but I just want to forget this horrible album but I can’t :crying1:

1 hour ago, Itachi said:

So it makes sense to me now that WB is the only song that has a different vocals among the rest of the songs she performs (almost all the rest are cd vocals correct me if i'm wrong). What a ******* mess :orangu: they didn't change it for Perfume since it is all her vocals (except for the one time case that they played Sia's vocals). Did they do the same too to Alien? :orangu: 

She lipped Alien WITH the glitched vocal

a ******* TRAGEDY.

1 hour ago, LoanSPW said:

They played the album version vocals, glitch included.

5 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

She lipped Alien WITH the glitched vocal

a ******* TRAGEDY.

:gloria:

i have to see it to believe it (since i don't watch POM a lot). What a load of ****. And there's even one performance she mistimed putting the mic near her mouth. :nyheadache::nydisgust:

1 hour ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Til It’s Gone is so bad :nydisgust: the lyrics are meh and the production is some of the worst I heard. I don’t think there’s any saving that song. TTB and Passenger both have potential. Could’ve been some of Britney’s best songs :ohi:

I heard a remix of TIG that made me like the song a lot more, tonight I'll try and dig it up on YouTube :) 

3 hours ago, LoanSPW said:

I mean it is part of her discography so i guess not. Plus she likes to perform Work ***** all the time.

"Work *****" is like her "Run the World," though not a major hit she performs this song so much like it is one.  Outside of that song, "Alien," "Perfume," and "Passenger" are the only songs she has spoken about.  This is no shade, but I really don't think Britney has heard Britney Jean in full.    

4 hours ago, Jill Valentine said:

"Work *****" is like her "Run the World," though not a major hit she performs this song so much like it is one.  Outside of that song, "Alien," "Perfume," and "Passenger" are the only songs she has spoken about.  This is no shade, but I really don't think Britney has heard Britney Jean in full.    

I'm questioning that as well...

• 1 year later...

What y'all forget or don't even know is that in some songs Britney did sing many parts but Will just removed her and added Myah,for example the chorus of Brightest Morning Star or the "high note" from Passenger.That shows that Britney did put effort and time into recording the songs and Will just replaced her with Myah.:bedtime:

If this is all true, we should be very mad at her and at her team, this is something embarassing. I read some comments like "well, Glory is a masterpiece (debatable), so she learnt from her errors". What!? An error is a fall down during a performance, not pretending your album was your most personal album ever and you don't sing it (not even with autotune's huge help, just using another singer). What if the album would sold millions and millions? They would use the same formula for every future albums. You really think she doesn't speak about Britney Jean because she realized how huge is this mess? They really don't care about the truth, they always lied, since Baby One More Time, so if she doesn't speak about this album is because was a flop and her team probably told her to not mentioning it anymore (they obviously know that we know the truth). The thing is that back then we saw her dedition on stage and was enough for us, today we have NOTHING from her, not even her over-processed voice in studio apparently. 

I think Hold On Tight listening to it again has Myah more in it at

So wicked
In the way he
moves
Don't miss it
Do not be a fool

It's a long way
It's a long way home
Light inside of me
It ignites my
bones

And Til Its Gone

I'm blind from the tears that fall like rain
So lost ever since you went away
Sometimes our lives forever change

My heart's never gonna be the sa-a-ame'

I try every night to turn the page
But daylight can't confine me to a cage
In my mind,
the life we had replays

The Part - The Tears & So lost ever sound more like Britney then Myah but im not completely sure

1 hour ago, xkhingx said:

What y'all forget or don't even know is that in some songs Britney did sing many parts but Will just removed her and added Myah,for example the chorus of Brightest Morning Star or the "high note" from Passenger.That shows that Britney did put effort and time into recording the songs and Will just replaced her with Myah.:bedtime:

I wouldn't say effort. We know Britney gives people short periods of time - she recorded Til the World Ends very quickly, couldn't be bothered to give new vocals for the remix to say "This is the remix," etc. We know she couldn't be bothered to sing the bridge to Georgio's "Tom's Diner" to finish the song so he had to sing it.

We also know she was rehearsing at the time, doesnt like to work long hours, wants to see her kids, and is often pressured by her label to use her baby voice versus her low voice.

All of the above contribute to why they used Myah imo. Her Passenger note is low and shakey, and was replaced with a flat high baby note.

4 hours ago, Most Dancing Ive Ever Done said:

I wouldn't say effort. We know Britney gives people short periods of time - she recorded Til the World Ends very quickly, couldn't be bothered to give new vocals for the remix to say "This is the remix," etc. We know she couldn't be bothered to sing the bridge to Georgio's "Tom's Diner" to finish the song so he had to sing it.

We also know she was rehearsing at the time, doesnt like to work long hours, wants to see her kids, and is often pressured by her label to use her baby voice versus her low voice.

All of the above contribute to why they used Myah imo. Her Passenger note is low and shakey, and was replaced with a flat high baby note.

I agree but at least she recorded things for Britney Jean and they removed them.That shows how the producers f**ked up the album.Yes her note on Passenger was low and shaky but at least she recorded it so we can't say "oh britney didn't record and was lazy etc etc'' cause i have heard fans say that.

6 hours ago, xkhingx said:

As much as Will deserves the blame as executive producer, it was actually Anthony Preston who put Myah into every damn song. He was in charge of the vocals, and he's the one who glitched "Alien" while mixing in the weird pitched vocals no one asked for, William Orbit himself said this and IIRC, cussed him and Will out on Twitter over it.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, idrk said:

so im a new Britney fan (few months) and Britney jean has always been my favourite Britney album (sonically). hold on tight is like my fourth most played song ever I've heard it to death. the album is so sonically diverse and has so much variety and sounds different and new and this is also britneys first interactive album as you can try and find which parts she sang and she didnt which is actually quitw fun:demi:

I wanted to add smth that I haven't seen anyone else mention s that alot of the album is pitch corrected to death like you listen to bms and it sounds like myah or Britney is literally singing through a microwave and the 'ah' sounds sound so painfully filtered and pitched and edited. the songs that have the horrible filters/pitch corrections/ edits over them have probably had either Britney or myahs vocals pitch corrected to match each others vocals and that's a pattern I've heard throughout the album. also myah Marie is getting a lot of **** for this when its all Anthony Prestons fault he should be fired she probably came into the studio thought she was recording background vocals and came out not realising that she had just recorded her debut studio album. I'm pretty sure Britney did vocals for all the tracks but body ache but for some of them she only did one take or a few and they just replaced shaky vocals with myahs and pitch corrected them to make them sound like one person. has Britney ever talked about body ache.

unrelated but is it true that clumsy is a bj reject

Clumsy was recorded in 2015 but it was very different for what is on Glory,Britney didn’t like the first version so they changed the song and she re-recorded it.

Archived