Where Myah sings? Where Britney sings? (Collective research thread)

LoanSPW

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29.7.2017 at 1:09 AM, The Holy Spearit said:

If Wil.I.Cockroach didn't take over BJ, I think BJ would have been one of her best albums had Britney had more creative control and recorded more songs like Don't Cry, Perfume and Hold On Tight. Hold On Tight still slays my ears and makes me happy

oprah-winfrey-cries-17-08-2013.jpg

It did not deserve to be on BJ. She should have saved it for Glory. 

If it actually went the direction Britney WAS going with it (Hold On Tight was the first song) it WOULD have been the most personal album to date:lemmetellu:

also I refuse to believe HOT was anything Myah, y’all can have the rest

5 hours ago, Alexanda said:

Little correction to TTB:

Baby Make Me Tik Tik Boom (Yeah.)
Baby make me Tick tick tick tick tick tick boom
Tick tick tick tick tick tick boom
(Yeah.)
Tick tick tick tick tick tick

if you check again, you can see that the Baby Make Me Tik Tik Boom you did write in yellow was actually mentionned on the paragraph before it (ad-libs during T.I.'s rap). So we agree on this actually! :)

5 hours ago, ItsGodneyB**ch said:

There's no need for research on this topic...

I had a hard time trying to come to terms with Britney Jean being 90% Myah, but luckily I moved on. Anyway, Britney Jean is an absolute joke, Trollney at her best. It'll be a shameful stain in her career but the huge backlash and then glorious Glory proved she kind of learnt the lesson.

That's a bit exagerrated. She did max 45% of the lead vocals, not 90.

5 hours ago, notacamwhore said:

Y'all don't know it's Myah, it could just be the way britneys voice is edited :lemmetellu:

There has been proof that Myah was singing leads on the album (statements by Nick*, Alien multitrack...).

4 hours ago, Poe Dameron said:

You think Mayah sings entire Work *****?! :tiffcackle:

fans these days :jackk:

I never said that.

12 minutes ago, Poe Dameron said:

:orangu: 

well you marked only work work, you betta work is sung by Britney and all verses and choruses by Myah, I am sorry for not being THAT precise :jackk:

either way, you must be deaf.. bai! 

Like I said on the first post, this is not a thread meant for fighting. It won't help anyone that you call me deaf. You have the right to dislike what I said but everyone has the right to have their own opinion. To me the verses, choruses and bridges aren't Britney. You are free to believe what you want, but again no need to fight, 'cause in doing so you're wasting our time.. bai!  :bigkiss:

23 hours ago, Oliver T said:

And as for Crazy it's just the same, except for the "stop" since she talked it live most of the itme !

The whole you drime craaaaaazyeah-eh-eh adlib was re-recorded too :snapney: some people thought it was live. They took it off in POM 2.0 unfortunately, along with the GM and POM pre recorded vocals

40 minutes ago, Wiggle said:

The whole you drime craaaaaazyeah-eh-eh adlib was re-recorded too :snapney: some people thought it was live. They took it off in POM 2.0 unfortunately, along with the GM and POM pre recorded vocals

I still don't get why they did that tho. :wtf:

imo I think all the Myah stuff is exaggerated, but she's there. I think mostly her vocals are layered with Britney's (i.e Work *****, I think both Britney and Myah sing all the track and their vocals are layered together, I think it's all result of it being rushed and not having time for Britney to properly record the vocal layers). 

Oh and in BMS, I believe the chorus is similar to HATLM, where Britney sings the lower octave harmony and Myah sings the higher one. I remember listening to that acoustic version made with the stems and it seemed to be the case

I think the only songs where Myah LEADS are portions of Body Ache and Passenger (it's even obvious when it cuts back to Britney), I remember people discussing those two songs extensively back in 2013

14 hours ago, Silver_Nintendo said:

imo I think all the Myah stuff is exaggerated, but she's there. I think mostly her vocals are layered with Britney's (i.e Work *****, I think both Britney and Myah sing all the track and their vocals are layered together, I think it's all result of it being rushed and not having time for Britney to properly record the vocal layers). 

Oh and in BMS, I believe the chorus is similar to HATLM, where Britney sings the lower octave harmony and Myah sings the higher one. I remember listening to that acoustic version made with the stems and it seemed to be the case

I think the only songs where Myah LEADS are portions of Body Ache and Passenger (it's even obvious when it cuts back to Britney), I remember people discussing those two songs extensively back in 2013

In BMS, the leads are Myah. The lower octave is Myah too. Britney recorded the chorus, however her vocals are layered with the choir and are inaudible in the final version (you can hear them at the end of the acoustic version you mentionned). So Britney isn't doing lead vocals here.

Also you think that Chillin' with You is all Britney? :brit:

1 hour ago, Diaz said:

How could you know if it isn't Britney or it is her, but heavily autotuned? Or even Myah? We will never know for sure... It's time to get over the mess this album was.....

:outwithit:

On the Pro-Tools of the album's tracks (at least Alien and Passenger), some of the stems have the name Myah on it, and correspond to lead vocals sometimes. That same voice can be found mutiple time throughout the album, so it's clearly not just autotune.

I went through this in another thread. I did it track by track and looked at writing credits as well as the producers and vocal producers also, and there was no fact to say anything else (because certain users refused to admit that it wasn't Britney, and that it wasnt a personal album).

ALIEN: 
Britney sings the verses, Myah sings the ''Take Me Home'' and the 'Not Alones''. Britney possibly wrote the second verse. The difference between voices is clear, Britney's is the lower tone, with less stability and vocal fry, Myah's is the higher tone that has an odd slide between notes.  We have the stem that are labelled 'BRIT'', ''MYAH'' and ''Ana'' (as in Ana Diaz, who is featured on a demo that doesn't feature words for the second verse, only melody). Anthony Preston as Vocal Producer .

WORK *****:
Myah is the lead vocal for the majority of this track.  Anthony Preston Produced the vocals. This song has 7 writers. The higher voice (Myah) is the lead vocal.

PERFUME: 
Britney's lower and less stable voice is the only vocal (other than Sia) on this track. Christopher Braide is the vocal producer. Sia admitted that Britney didn't write on the song.

IT SHOULD BE EASY:
Britney as lead, with myah's vocals in the bridge (as a loud backing vocal).  This was recorded for Will.Power, and features Will and Preston as Vocal Producers.

TIK TIK BOOM:
Primarily Britney. Myah does the backing vocals, but is edited onto the start of some phrases (you got a....). Myah's vocal is the vocal doing the adlibs. The song was produced by Anthony Preston. Britney is listed as the lead writer,but a GRL demo reveals that Britney didn't write the track, and 6 other writers were involved.

BODY ACHE:

Britney doesn't sing on this track at all. Its all Myah. Myah wrote the track and is credited, but no backing singer is listed. Myah has listed herself as a ''backing'' on her own controlled sites. Anthony Preston is credited as the vocal producer.

TIL ITS GONE:
Myah is the main vocalist on this. Britney is spliced onto phrases. Anthony Preston is the vocal producer. 

PASSENGER: 
Britney clearly sings the verses, but Myah is spliced on the ends of the verses. Myah sings the chorus and the bridge.  Preston is the vocal producer again. Producers who have viewed the stems have proven that there are multiple takes of Britney doing the second verses, but there are no Britney vocals for the chorus or verse. 

Interesting tidbit: Britney is listed as the lead writer of this track in the US credits. Katy Perry's demo for the track leaked, and this proved otherwise, however, some fans argued that this was because Britney slightly altered the melody. It was then noted that on the Japanese release, Britney was not credited as a writer....

CHILLIN' WIT YOU:
A duet between Myah and Jamie Lynn. Anthony Preston is listed as the Vocal Producer. This is an incredibly strange (and pathetic) situation. The song is supposed to be a duet about sisterhood, between two stars who have had their share of ups and downs. However, it features no input from the sisters. The track was written by ''Britney'', Will.I.Am, Preston and Joshua Lopez (who plays the guitar on it). Jamie Lynn is usually credited as one of two (or three) writers on her own tracks, but did not get credited on this. 

DON'T CRY:
This track is all Britney. This track does not feature Anthony Preston as vocal producer. 

BRIGHTEST MORNING STAR:
Britney sings the verses, but is not the lead on the chorus or post chorus. Britney's writting credit is genuine, as her rough drafts were made public. Anthony Preston is a vocal producer on the track, as is Braide (Sia's writting partner). An acoustic mix is available, which lays out the vocals of the chorus, and Britney did record a falsetto chorus, however, Myah's vocals (the higher and lower tracks) were used in place of Britneys.

HOLD ON TIGHT: 
The song is primarily Britney, but Myah is edited into certain places and words. The song has only two writers: Britney and Kool Kojak, and does NOT feature Will.I.Am as a producer, but does feature Anthony Preston as a vocal producer (as well as a Peter Carlsson).

NOW THAT I FOUND YOU:
This song is one verse and chorus repeated twice. Its one take replayed. Myah sings the bridge, with Britney edited in. Britney is listed as lead writer, but Danny O'Donoghue confessed in an interview that he wrote the song while drunk in 40 minutes and sent it off, thinking it wouldn't be used.....Preston is the vocal producer. 

PERFUME: DREAMING MIX:
This track is the original version of Perfume. Written by Sia and Braide, recorded by Britney alone, and produced by Braide. 

What becomes clear is that wherever Anthony Preston is present, Myah Marie is present. A rumour went around before it was officially announced that Will.I.Am was the Executive Producer, and that producers were pulling out due to the fact that his team wanted the right to edit their tracks, and have the final edit on their work. This lead to producers who worked with Britney (and were outspoken) pulling out of the album, or had tracks edited by Will/Anthony (Perfume, Brightest Morning Star, Hold On Tight). Other tracks were rushed produced and created for the sole purpose of being on the Will.I.Am produced Britney Jean. Britney had no interest in those tracks and either recorded one or two takes that could be used, or didn't bother. 

Interestingly enough, the writting credits cannot be used as a source of validity, due to inconsistencies. Myah is not listed on Alien, but is found in the stems. She is not listed as a backing singer, but lists herself on her own sites. Britney is listed as the lead writer on one version of the credits, and then not listed on another. The team who created it were very careful about how they listed the vocals, and dance between the phrases ''Backing'' and ''Additional'' vocals. 

but unless something happens with the conservatorship, or contracts are broken in other ways, we will never get an official confirmation from Britney or Larry.

2 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I went through this in another thread. I did it track by track and looked at writing credits as well as the producers and vocal producers also, and there was no fact to say anything else (because certain users refused to admit that it wasn't Britney, and that it wasnt a personal album).

ALIEN: 
Britney sings the verses, Myah sings the ''Take Me Home'' and the 'Not Alones''. Britney possibly wrote the second verse. The difference between voices is clear, Britney's is the lower tone, with less stability and vocal fry, Myah's is the higher tone that has an odd slide between notes.  We have the stem that are labelled 'BRIT'', ''MYAH'' and ''Ana'' (as in Ana Diaz, who is featured on a demo that doesn't feature words for the second verse, only melody). Anthony Preston as Vocal Producer .

WORK *****:
Myah is the lead vocal for the majority of this track.  Anthony Preston Produced the vocals. This song has 7 writers. The higher voice (Myah) is the lead vocal.

PERFUME: 
Britney's lower and less stable voice is the only vocal (other than Sia) on this track. Christopher Braide is the vocal producer. Sia admitted that Britney didn't write on the song.

IT SHOULD BE EASY:
Britney as lead, with myah's vocals in the bridge (as a loud backing vocal).  This was recorded for Will.Power, and features Will and Preston as Vocal Producers.

TIK TIK BOOM:
Primarily Britney. Myah does the backing vocals, but is edited onto the start of some phrases (you got a....). Myah's vocal is the vocal doing the adlibs. The song was produced by Anthony Preston. Britney is listed as the lead writer,but a GRL demo reveals that Britney didn't write the track, and 6 other writers were involved.

BODY ACHE:

Britney doesn't sing on this track at all. Its all Myah. Myah wrote the track and is credited, but no backing singer is listed. Myah has listed herself as a ''backing'' on her own controlled sites. Anthony Preston is credited as the vocal producer.

TIL ITS GONE:
Myah is the main vocalist on this. Britney is spliced onto phrases. Anthony Preston is the vocal producer. 

PASSENGER: 
Britney clearly sings the verses, but Myah is spliced on the ends of the verses. Myah sings the chorus and the bridge.  Preston is the vocal producer again. Producers who have viewed the stems have proven that there are multiple takes of Britney doing the second verses, but there are no Britney vocals for the chorus or verse. 

Interesting tidbit: Britney is listed as the lead writer of this track in the US credits. Katy Perry's demo for the track leaked, and this proved otherwise, however, some fans argued that this was because Britney slightly altered the melody. It was then noted that on the Japanese release, Britney was not credited as a writer....

CHILLIN' WIT YOU:
A duet between Myah and Jamie Lynn. Anthony Preston is listed as the Vocal Producer. This is an incredibly strange (and pathetic) situation. The song is supposed to be a duet about sisterhood, between two stars who have had their share of ups and downs. However, it features no input from the sisters. The track was written by ''Britney'', Will.I.Am, Preston and Joshua Lopez (who plays the guitar on it). Jamie Lynn is usually credited as one of two (or three) writers on her own tracks, but did not get credited on this. 

DON'T CRY:
This track is all Britney. This track does not feature Anthony Preston as vocal producer. 

BRIGHTEST MORNING STAR:
Britney sings the verses, but is not the lead on the chorus or post chorus. Britney's writting credit is genuine, as her rough drafts were made public. Anthony Preston is a vocal producer on the track, as is Braide (Sia's writting partner). An acoustic mix is available, which lays out the vocals of the chorus, and Britney did record a falsetto chorus, however, Myah's vocals (the higher and lower tracks) were used in place of Britneys.

HOLD ON TIGHT: 
The song is primarily Britney, but Myah is edited into certain places and words. The song has only two writers: Britney and Kool Kojak, and does NOT feature Will.I.Am as a producer, but does feature Anthony Preston as a vocal producer (as well as a Peter Carlsson).

NOW THAT I FOUND YOU:
This song is one verse and chorus repeated twice. Its one take replayed. Myah sings the bridge, with Britney edited in. Britney is listed as lead writer, but Danny O'Donoghue confessed in an interview that he wrote the song while drunk in 40 minutes and sent it off, thinking it wouldn't be used.....Preston is the vocal producer. 

PERFUME: DREAMING MIX:
This track is the original version of Perfume. Written by Sia and Braide, recorded by Britney alone, and produced by Braide. 

What becomes clear is that wherever Anthony Preston is present, Myah Marie is present. A rumour went around before it was officially announced that Will.I.Am was the Executive Producer, and that producers were pulling out due to the fact that his team wanted the right to edit their tracks, and have the final edit on their work. This lead to producers who worked with Britney (and were outspoken) pulling out of the album, or had tracks edited by Will/Anthony (Perfume, Brightest Morning Star, Hold On Tight). Other tracks were rushed produced and created for the sole purpose of being on the Will.I.Am produced Britney Jean. Britney had no interest in those tracks and either recorded one or two takes that could be used, or didn't bother. 

Interestingly enough, the writting credits cannot be used as a source of validity, due to inconsistencies. Myah is not listed on Alien, but is found in the stems. She is not listed as a backing singer, but lists herself on her own sites. Britney is listed as the lead writer on one version of the credits, and then not listed on another. The team who created it were very careful about how they listed the vocals, and dance between the phrases ''Backing'' and ''Additional'' vocals. 

but unless something happens with the conservatorship, or contracts are broken in other ways, we will never get an official confirmation from Britney or Larry.

Your description of the songs pretty much corresponds to what I said in the very first post. Thank you very much for this it's pretty helpful.

I've noticed everything you've mentionned about vocal producing/credits inconsistencies too. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this!

Maybe you could try to analize word by word where Myah/Britney sings like I did in the first post? :)

Archived