About those LIVE vocals....

Alice X

Ok Brinny, you proved you have decent vocals, you can sing properly, you have a nice voice. 

Ok Brinny, we get that you need to turn off your mic while you're doing your zumba routines (nobody wants to hear loud heavy breathing of a dying cat during a show). However YOU DO have some easy songs, where you basically need to talk and walk while performing them. Thus, you could have your mic on and talk/sing over the track. That would amuse most of us, so let's discuss where you could have your mic ON...song by song... act by act... 

1. Work ***** - for each verse. Please, you're basically talking, you could sing over the track :queenflopga:  It would be an amazing Myah vs Britney collab. For the break, I agree, you could have it turned off. 

2. Womanizer - again, apart from the tabata break, you can sing along

3. Break the Ice / Piece of Me - your vocals are heavily edited on both songs, probably won't sound right if you sing over them. I'm fine with having the mic turned off here  :nynod:

4. MATM - IDC, you're actually dancing here, so playback is acceptable :queenriri:

5. ILRNR  (when she's back in Vegas)- Mic should definitely be turned on. And actually sing please :foh:

6. Gimme More - verses - definitely turned on mic. During the chorus, well, they can mute it. 

7. Everytime (when she's back in Vegas) - Low-to-none playback, mic turned on, and actually SING, please. You're ******* sitting and not moving and it's a BALLAD. It's unacceptable to lip-sync it :xcuseMe: Before I was worried that you might sound like a goat, but you proved you can still sing, so DO SO! 

8. BOMT/ OOPS - OK, I believe you might call this "warm-up and jumping around" a dance routine and you would like to use playback. But a little live vocals won't hurt, right? The pitch is too high? Then rerecord that ****, stop using autotuned 20+ vocals. Do you actually own compact cassette players to play these? :sassybrit:

9. Boys - PLEASE, just remove it. Instead, perform S&S and slay us live with your British accent... LIVE Britney, LIVE. It's basically talking with your accent over a beat, it's not hard. :slayney:

10. DYWCO - you can totally pull this through. For the most part, you could easily sing along with the playback. MIC TURNED ON PLEASE :brit:

11. S4U - yeah, playback is completely fine here. Just execute the break a lil bit better, more energy and stuff. I have never been interested in listening S4U with live vocals. This song was always about the dancing. 

12. MM - Heard you singing the verses of that song during carpool karaoke. Sing along with the track, please. It's not hard. 

13. Freakshow - LIVE LIVE and LIVE. No dancing involved, the song is easy to sing, absolutely no excuses for that lip-sync mess! NO excuses! :whitneysass:

14. Do somethin - I see you like rearranging furniture, so do your thing. IDC about live vocals here, so... 

15. Circus - Unless you bring back the break, I'm not watching this performance. :orangu: So IDC. 

16. IUSA - with some more attitude and LIVE singing, this could be a very decent performance. Mic ON, please! 

17. BOM - Although I would like to hear BOM live, the whispery voice is what makes it ****. I don't think you could get that effect with the headset. Playback is fine here.

18. Slumber Party - If you have your mic on, you could sing along with Tinashe, no need to lip her part :queenflopga: 

19. TOMH - same as BOM. Bring back the back walkover and we're good to go. IDC for live singing here.

20. Toxic - the tree part SHOULD DEFINITELY be LIVE. I mean come on, you're not moving, at least sing that ****. Not without playback of course, but at least sing along. 

21. Stronger/ Crazy - prerecord those old vocals and if you feel comfortable, turn that mic on from time to time. 

22. TTWE - People usually remember the last part of the show the most. Since you're performing your zumba routine here with full passion, at least sing some bits LIVE. You can do it. 

What do you think gurls, which song should Britney perform LIVE with her mic partially or fully being ON? :nocomprede:

Poor Brinny, she thought that doing that HB live would make people happy and forget about the lip-syncing. But now, knowing she could actually still sing really good, she has no excuses to use so much playback. :whitneysass:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind if she does 100% playback for those energetic songs in which she needs to do those zumba moves and stuff AS LONG AS she does at least 1 ballad completely LIVE! No pre-recorded, no backing track, no nothing, her pure freaking voice. 1 single song, only 1 just to prove she can actually sing. :angietea:

8 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

I wouldn't mind if she does 100% playback for those energetic songs in which she needs to do those zumba moves and stuff AS LONG AS she does at least 1 ballad completely LIVE! No pre-recorded, no backing track, no nothing, her pure freaking voice. 1 single song, only 1 just to prove she can actually sing. :angietea:

You go girl! :flawlessbye:

Bookmark ha Larry and let Brinnay sing Everytime freaking LIVE!! :staysalty:

Guest Diamond Horse
42 minutes ago, BritBreakitDown20 said:

well britney seems to love it too andit shows :moorangu:

imagine if she admits it in an interview that she is actually demanding zumba moves instead of more complex choreo :orangu: 

headlines like: "Britney Spears:"I love Zumba."" or "Zumba is my second obsession after yoga."

Amazing post! I agree with everything, and the part about the goat made me laugh! You're right, she doesn't sound like any kind of animal, she has a powerful voice that is BEAUTIFUL. It's a real shame if she goes back to 100% lip synching after this.

People on here always say the fans are stuck in the past. I disagree and think Britney is stuck in the past. No one expects or even wants her to be exactly like her 20 year old self, she needs to simply: Sing some songs live - Vary her outfits a bit - Practice her dancing more. Nothing too controversial or ambitious.

This video is an example of how the modern pop girls are doing it. Strong live vocals, a **** but cool outfit, crowd interaction, a decent dance routine, and a bit of playback to help out.  There's no reason at all why Britney can't step up her game.

Archived