Is Britney's dancing annoying to you?

iZacaree

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, sarahbbyy said:

I agree. People are being a little too much. It is not like I do not understand their frustrations. I get it. I sometimes want to throw something or shout a message to her once in a long while but usually I come back to reality and start using my brain again. I do not think people understand that Britney is not actually a problem right now. The problem is all the b****ing that is going on about it. Look at already how far she has come. After Britney Jean, did we think something as amazing as Glory would come out of it? Did we ever think Britney was going to smile ever again? How about actually change up her Piece of Me show a little by putting on more **** costumes? Even after the whole Make Me music video fiasco, did we think the Slumber Party music video was going to happen? Did we think she was going to go on an international tour or finally end her Piece of Me show that people have been complaining about forever now? I mean, the list goes on... I feel we are all way too spoiled. We stomp our feet when we do not get everything we want! Britney is a human being. She has been through trauma. There was the whole Sam Lufti ordeal that we do not even know the awful details about nor do we know what is happening with her throughout the course of her career and conservatorship. If Britney is that frustrating and people are that impatient, they should just not be her fan anymore. It is as simple as that because if they can not appreciate that she is slowly making the right changes, then  they are completely undeserving for when she ultimately gets completely better in every shape or form(which I 100% believe she will). I have so much hope for the future. Maybe, they need to be empathetic and try to actually become closer to Britney the person; actually get to know her and find a deeper understanding to why she is the way that she is. It is flawed to compare her to other pop stars because she has had it a lot worse than all of them if they ever knew what her childhood was really like or how people treated her in her peak.

I totally see what you're saying, but the problem is this - all of the lazy dancing, poor promo and promo messes, lack of effort, lack of interest, lack of passion, etc. has been slowly destroying her career ever since she returned after the 2007 breakdown. Her career has been on a steady decline since 2011, and she's helping to push it along. Even if there is a mental issue at play, and even if she does make a full recovery one day, there won't be a relevant pop career waiting for her. Most people have just gotten bored with her because there's no entertainment value in her performances anymore. The BJ mess and all of the other messes have only added together to destroy what little credibility she had in the eyes of the GP. Now, she is a performer who is literally shamelessly lip-syncing to 20 YEAR OLD VOCALS and barely dancing. Look at the performance, sales-wise, of her last two albums. The Britney "brand" as we know it is dying. I hope that she finds peace and happiness in her life, I really do. I hope that she can be truly free one day. But from a career standpoint, she's not going to have one for very much longer - not in the current pop landscape.

On 6/6/2017 at 9:33 PM, iZacaree said:

Okay, so I know this is a TIRED subject at this point, but we need to discuss something about Britney's dancing that I think everyone has noticed recently. This post isn't meant to be hateful, but I just want to open a discussion and see what everyone else is thinking.

After watching Britney's POM performances from the past couple of years, and now with her tour, I think it's pretty safe to say that most of Britney's "dancing" is nothing but a series of poses, strutting, and jerky/random arm movements that don't really flow with the music. It's like she's lost her rhythm. She use to really FEEL the music and it made her choreography and overall stage presence shine, but now you can literally feel her counting each step and trying to hit every mark. There's nothing really entertaining or eye-catching about her performances now. Don't even get me started on how she constantly touches and pulls at her hair and the endless hair flips, and I can't with the constant arms-above-the-head-hands-together pose - she will literally do that 50 times in one performance - or the lean-forward-and-rub-butt pose. Ugh! Most of the time, she's so out of rhythm that she just looks like she's fumbling around aimlessly while the back-up dancers do the actual dancing. There have been a few moments where some of her old dancing skills started to shine through, but she never really goes there. I'm not saying that all of her performances are BAD, but I honestly can't say they're spectacular. I mean, she's usually out-of-sync with her back-up dancers, she doesn't complete some of her dance moves (she's not singing, so there's no real reason for her to not go ALL-IN with the choreography), or she just does half-***/lazy choreography that's really more walking/skipping/strutting than anything else.

I guess my biggest issue is WHAT HAPPENED? Her talent isn't something you can really teach to someone. Sure, you can practice and get better, but if you have it you have it, and if you don't, you don't. She HAD it. I'm sure she still does because those things don't just go away, but it's like she doesn't put any effort into actually dancing anymore. Her energy has definitely improved in the last 2 years, and she seems happier, but her dancing needs serious improvement. You can't make an entire show out of 10% actual choreography, 70% walking/strutting, and 20% posing - at least not if you're Britney Spears.

Thoughts?

OF course! But she freaking BRITNEY SPEARS!!!  I will always love and support her no matter what!!! I pray most importantly for peace in her life that will improve her overall life.

34 minutes ago, iZacaree said:

I totally see what you're saying, but the problem is this - all of the lazy dancing, poor promo and promo messes, lack of effort, lack of interest, lack of passion, etc. has been slowly destroying her career ever since she returned after the 2007 breakdown. Her career has been on a steady decline since 2011, and she's helping to push it along. Even if there is a mental issue at play, and even if she does make a full recovery one day, there won't be a relevant pop career waiting for her. Most people have just gotten bored with her because there's no entertainment value in her performances anymore. The BJ mess and all of the other messes have only added together to destroy what little credibility she had in the eyes of the GP. Now, she is a performer who is literally shamelessly lip-syncing to 20 YEAR OLD VOCALS and barely dancing. Look at the performance, sales-wise, of her last two albums. The Britney "brand" as we know it is dying. I hope that she finds peace and happiness in her life, I really do. I hope that she can be truly free one day. But from a career standpoint, she's not going to have one for very much longer - not in the current pop landscape.

I totally agree with what you say.  I honestly think she should retire soon, and have more babies. Her true fans know what she really wanted all along and in the future, to have many children not sure about a husband, I just pray for peace and happiness.

1 hour ago, iZacaree said:

Okay, no offense but I think that is a complete exaggeration. As Britney fans, we are basing all of this off of the fact that she does not have mainstream success anymore. Lady Gaga stopped having mainstream success and she is only four albums in(not counting the jazz album she did with Tony Bennett). Katy Perry is on her fourth album also and her music is not doing well as expected(I know she has not officially released it yet but it does not look good). Britney has literally had success with all of her albums with the exception of her last two. Britney Jean definitely pushed Britney downwards into the shadows and it was hard to pick herself up from that lack of success. Is that really a bad thing though? I mean, she has had 7 successful albums in a span of thirteen years from when she was a teenager all the way to her 30s. Britney is still one of the biggest names to ever happen in music and that is why she is able to keep making music, go on a sold out international tour, and have one of the most successful shows in Vegas because her name still brings in money. Labels get a nice cash flow from any of her ventures that still bring in profit.  She has all the time in the world to change things for herself. Most artists, especially nowadays, have a quick expiration date unless they continue to appeal to younger fans(cough cough* Taylor Swift) with teeny bopper tracks. In fact, if we are basing her lack of success on comparing her to the Britney of Baby One More Time and Oops I Did It Again, then we can rightfully point out that she started to become less of a big deal as a mainstream during her third album. It sold 15 million while Baby sold 30 million. That is a 50% drop and digital sales were barely a thing back during that time. It was even debated back then that Britney was losing her appeal when her music was less appealing to her "children" fanbase and that her *** appeal was turning people off. So either way, Britney was never even supposed to be a big thing past Blackout, which took her three years to release and had very low album sales in comparison to the top albums of that year. Circus and Femme Fatale are less than what Taylor is making now with 1989. The GP probably already stopped caring right when she came back in 2008. They were still buying her music but either way, she was not someone big anymore. She was just making music some people mention from time to time. People see her in Vegas and in tour, even though they know what they are going to get. When she finally has the guts to lay herself completely out there musically and show us what she is capable of , there will still be an audience there. Even then, why should we expect her to have the same success as Drake or Justin Bieber when she stopped being at the top of her game after her second album in 2000?

Yes. And what's annoying me the most is the look in her eyes. She's like dead in the eyes and looks super bored. Always rushing the moves etc. :trash: And when she tries to "freestyle" she's out of sync!

Also the toxic part... omfg. Like originally it's supposed to look like she has "magical" powers over her dancers and moves them around, but she just changed it up and does her own thing???

Archived