Is Britney's dancing annoying to you?

iZacaree

Biggest problem imo is that she's very robotic and her movements are too sharp , there's absolutely 0 fluidity in her moves and imo that's why it looks terrible (i mean except the fact that the choreos aren't so great to begin with for some of them, but still look at old choreo, like MATM i mean it's not bad but not like it used to and she kind of makes small jumps at every moves, it's annoying af) 
Having a family has nothing to do with it, J-lo for example has a family too and she's amazing on stage, her choreos aren't that elaborated yet she's so lovin it and motivated that she makes them look just so good, and on top of that she's almost 50yo. Britney really has no excuses anymore, it's just lack of proper rehearsals and lazyness. She lost her passion, she used to shine on stage and owned the stage at the point it's like the dancers weren't even on stage with her because you wouldn't look at them but only her. Now if you put her alone on stage she would look ridiculous and nothing else because it's the dancers and visual effects that are entertaining the stage. Britney is just there among all of this to fill in her spot but she wouldn't be here it wouldn't make any difference.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, brit_wing said:

This is kind of disappointing. She can do better:byebitch: BEST dance moves in the whole show? Really?:weirdmeout:

I wanna sell my VIP ticket and bought an ordinary now. Not that i wanna spend less money on britney, but that im afraid i will be so disappointed if i watch her half *** the entire 2-hour show closely. I don't want to ruin britney''s image in my mind:meltdown:

I won't tell you to sell your VIP ticket but go with whatever you're feeling. Some people that are really close to her say that it's just insane that she's 2 feet away from you even though her dancing isn't up to their standards. I think you'll have fun regardless but go with whatever feels right. 

4 hours ago, Army1 said:

It's from her mental capacity. Shes not being lazy, this is just who she is now. The years of mental illness and medication use have dulled her/changed her overall personality and cognitive brain function. The processing of true Primeny level  choreo may be something that is too difficult for her brain to handle. 

My Godsister, who is schizoaffective (combination of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder) has exhibited many of the same traits that Britney/Amanda Bynes did during their initial breakdowns, and their subsequent recoveries (the brain fog, super anxiety, occasional lethargy). Even at her best moments there are flashes of her old self/true personality, but it is filtered through this lense of the mental illness.  She also cant fully do things that she could naturally do in the past because it might be too hard, and when she has great moments you can see it in flashes or long strechtes, but it doesnt fully stick sometimes because when shes had enough/wants a break she just drops it depending on the day/mood/how shes feeling in that minute (ala how Britney has a month of awesome POM performances, then 2 weeks of eh ones, then another week of shows that are a combination of good and bad (lazy looking) performances in the same show). 

Britney and her team have done a great job over the years  of perfecting her meds, balancing her diet and exercise, and providing other healthy outlets that help counteract/manage her symptoms (thats why weve seen such a growth since 2015). but depending on what type of illness she has (and its severity)  there may be a maximum level that she is only capable of reaching, and that may be far below the level of Primeney.

We shall she how far she can truly go in the future, but I feel that  if Britney and her team were to come forward about her mental illness in a book/Diane Sawyer sitdown/album project, it would gain Britney more respect, sympathy and credibility, as the world would stop criticzing/comparing her to Primney, and celebrate the fact that someone with such a huge handicap/mental disability is able to live such a fulfilling life and be an insirpation to others who are suffering from the same thing. 

Also, it would show how truly talented she is because it will  create this lense of perspective where people will be able to realize she would still be the best performer out there, because she is currently still doing better than 70% of the pop girls out there (both old and new) wrestling with mental illness...so she would be on top of the game without it.

@iZacaree would you feel different about her current perofrming skills if she were to come out with her mental illness struggles/full diagnosis publicly? Would it give you a different perspective of how to judge her stage performances? Or would it not matter and you would still be dissatisfied? 

That's a somewhat complicated question. If I knew Britney was truly giving her absolute best and she couldn't do any better, then I would certainly applaud her for the effort. But from an objective perspective - just looking at her performances - would they still be entertaining and spectacular? No. They wouldn't. I mean, there's nothing really "WOW" about her performances now.

Here is the problem - ever since 2008, Britney's team has propped her up like someone who is totally okay. No one has ever mentioned a mental illness. At times, it seemed like Britney was even being forced to perform when she was obviously miserable (the Femme Fatale era). So that raises a whole new issue - should we even be supporting someone's unhappiness? Should we be supporting a team that is basically pimping out a mentally ill person just to keep the checks coming in? It's all a mess.

1 hour ago, Caroline77 said:

Biggest problem imo is that she's very robotic and her movements are too sharp , there's absolutely 0 fluidity in her moves and imo that's why it looks terrible (i mean except the fact that the choreos aren't so great to begin with for some of them, but still look at old choreo, like MATM i mean it's not bad but not like it used to and she kind of makes small jumps at every moves, it's annoying af) 
Having a family has nothing to do with it, J-lo for example has a family too and she's amazing on stage, her choreos aren't that elaborated yet she's so lovin it and motivated that she makes them look just so good, and on top of that she's almost 50yo. Britney really has no excuses anymore, it's just lack of proper rehearsals and lazyness. She lost her passion, she used to shine on stage and owned the stage at the point it's like the dancers weren't even on stage with her because you wouldn't look at them but only her. Now if you put her alone on stage she would look ridiculous and nothing else because it's the dancers and visual effects that are entertaining the stage. Britney is just there among all of this to fill in her spot but she wouldn't be here it wouldn't make any difference.

1000000000% agree. Britney is no longer the centerpiece of the show, even though that's how the show is marketed. She might seem happier and have better energy than she did before, but she still has no rhythm or passion anymore. Honestly, the show is boring. The only thing exciting would be the nostalgia factor of being near Britney Spears.

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

Do y'all think that maybe her knee gives her pain? I mean she's injured it twice, and I don't think she's been 100% ok since. Maybe she's scared of hurting herself again.

Then maybe she's in the wrong line of work...

2 hours ago, Caroline77 said:

it is sad but true, dancers are carrying the shows.no singing, no dancing...what's left?really, what's left?

1 hour ago, iZacaree said:

That's a somewhat complicated question. If I knew Britney was truly giving her absolute best and she couldn't do any better, then I would certainly applaud her for the effort. But from an objective perspective - just looking at her performances - would they still be entertaining and spectacular? No. They wouldn't. I mean, there's nothing really "WOW" about her performances now.

Here is the problem - ever since 2008, Britney's team has propped her up like someone who is totally okay. No one has ever mentioned a mental illness. At times, it seemed like Britney was even being forced to perform when she was obviously miserable (the Femme Fatale era). So that raises a whole new issue - should we even be supporting someone's unhappiness? Should we be supporting a team that is basically pimping out a mentally ill person just to keep the checks coming in? It's all a mess.

Very valid points...I think though that because of where she is now, Britney might have needed to stay busy during 2009 to 2013 as an exercise in getting better....mentally speaking.

Many of us pose the argument that Britney has been a slave and the people controlling her are greedy, want more money, etc. etc.....but she may have only reached the level of balance, lucidness and happiness she has achieved in the past two years by staying busy and maintaining an active lifestyle/working/being a productive member of society.

I have seen many mentally ill people who just want to become reclusive, not do anything, stay inactive/alone, and basically drift away into their own version of reality. For whatever Britney's has, maybe it was better/medically advised that she try to lead her normal life (with limitations) so that the mental illness(es) dont overtake her and ravage her like so many other people who dont do anything/stay inactive and get worse/never recover.

A lot of physically unfit individuals hate exercising and dont want to do it, but sometimes they have to be forced by either a family member, friend, or trainer and they are all the better for it,... even if it was something they didnt want to do initially. So while it is still a form of forcing someone to do something, maybe it was supposed to be this way, because she only got better professionally and personally.

And to be honest, her father is her main conservator and he only has a yearly salary in the $100,000 dollar range for the full time job that is taking care of Britney's life. She is worth close to $300 million dollars and makes around $20 million a year. If the people around her were truly greedy they would be making a lot more money and not slowly giving her a lot of the freedoms that we have seen given back to her over he past few years. 

On the main point of her performing abilities, I can see how if she came out with her mental illness diagnosis(es) that you would applaud her abilities now, but still say theres nothing WOW to it...which is completely fair/right.... but many people would say that the WOW is in the fact that she can even do all that she is currently doing...that even with her serious impairments she is still better/more entertaining than most current stage performers (ie Katy, Selena, etc), People would jusge her on a different scale and celebrate her for how far shes come, and be more apologetic when she has little slip-ups.

3 hours ago, brit_wing said:

This is kind of disappointing. She can do better:byebitch: BEST dance moves in the whole show? Really?:weirdmeout:

I wanna sell my VIP ticket and bought an ordinary now. Not that i wanna spend less money on britney, but that im afraid i will be so disappointed if i watch her half *** the entire 2-hour show closely. I don't want to ruin britney''s image in my mind:meltdown:

You bought a VIP ticket? :orangu: 

7 hours ago, Army1 said:

It's from her mental capacity. Shes not being lazy, this is just who she is now. The years of mental illness and medication use have dulled her/changed her overall personality and cognitive brain function. The processing of true Primeny level  choreo may be something that is too difficult for her brain to handle. 

My Godsister, who is schizoaffective (combination of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder) has exhibited many of the same traits that Britney/Amanda Bynes did during their initial breakdowns, and their subsequent recoveries (the brain fog, super anxiety, occasional lethargy). Even at her best moments there are flashes of her old self/true personality, but it is filtered through this lense of the mental illness.  She also cant fully do things that she could naturally do in the past because it might be too hard, and when she has great moments you can see it in flashes or long strechtes, but it doesnt fully stick sometimes because when shes had enough/wants a break she just drops it depending on the day/mood/how shes feeling in that minute (ala how Britney has a month of awesome POM performances, then 2 weeks of eh ones, then another week of shows that are a combination of good and bad (lazy looking) performances in the same show). 

Britney and her team have done a great job over the years  of perfecting her meds, balancing her diet and exercise, and providing other healthy outlets that help counteract/manage her symptoms (thats why weve seen such a growth since 2015). but depending on what type of illness she has (and its severity)  there may be a maximum level that she is only capable of reaching, and that may be far below the level of Primeney.

We shall she how far she can truly go in the future, but I feel that  if Britney and her team were to come forward about her mental illness in a book/Diane Sawyer sitdown/album project, it would gain Britney more respect, sympathy and credibility, as the world would stop criticzing/comparing her to Primney, and celebrate the fact that someone with such a huge handicap/mental disability is able to live such a fulfilling life and be an insirpation to others who are suffering from the same thing. 

Also, it would show how truly talented she is because it will  create this lense of perspective where people will be able to realize she would still be the best performer out there, because she is currently still doing better than 70% of the pop girls out there (both old and new) wrestling with mental illness...so she would be on top of the game without it.

@iZacaree would you feel different about her current perofrming skills if she were to come out with her mental illness struggles/full diagnosis publicly? Would it give you a different perspective of how to judge her stage performances? Or would it not matter and you would still be dissatisfied? 

Very informative post. We don't know a lot about what mental disorder Britney has but this "dancing" remedy can be fixed if she'd just sing live. Or pre-record the vocals every other week or she can sing one song live per show i.e. Alien one night, Everytime the next night, Work *****...and so on. There's a million and one things Britney and her team can do so that she doesn't embarrass herself but the question is, why don't they? I think we all know the answer...because fans will pay to see her regardless.

Let me give you guys my two cents: A lot of what @Army1said should be in your mind while I say this. People keep giving such simple reasons to why Britney is not performing the same way anymore. "She has a family; She injured her knees; She is lazy and does not care" I can understand why you guys would think that but at the end of the day, it is far deeper than just the basic reasons that are not really given much thought to... no offense. I think her mental illness, plus conservatorship has a lot to do with this. Here's the thing. She has had a curfew in place for her, an army full of people taking care of her and with her 24/7, helping her through every major decision in her life. If you watch For The Record, you will see that she barely even pays attention to her surroundings because there are handlers around her all the time, watching her every move and constantly controlling everything she does.

At first, Britney was devastated but still performing average and making great music. Then, there was a rumor that a second breakdown happened in 2010. Now, I know that is just hearsay but all the complaints we have all made about the Femme Fatale era can almost indirectly confirm it. She became extremely robotic during that time in her life. She is just now recovering from that. Physically, she has not changed from that era. She is just NOW recovering from that time period emotionally(which explains why she is suddenly very perky 2015 onward).

Back to all the handlers surrounding her, do you notice that Britney is still with the same team of people that she was with when she started her career? She has the same exact manager (Felicia is rumored to still be her assistant) and ever since the In The Zone era, he started his own management company with the same names that helped with Britney her fourth and 6th album onwards. That means that these people were there when she fired them off her team in 2004-2005. Then, her Dad became her conservator, a man who was an alcoholic when Britney was younger and neglected her, her entire life was suddenly the person calling the shots. He knew the only thing he could do since he was not experienced with the business. Call the same person that has worked with Britney since she was 15 and that is her manager Larry. These two men are calling the shots and instead of thinking about the business side of things for Britney, Larry is stuck in the early 2000s and her dad just cares about keeping her on a tight leash. 

The result of all of this is a group of people who love her and do not trust her ability to take care of herself. Her dad will probably not let her have it any other way and plus, why would Britney ever think that she needed anything better when there is no other experience and outlook outside of her own team? They do not care about her business anymore. They care about keeping her in the straight and narrow. Plus, they know all the details to her life and mental illness. They have absolute no guts to tell her what the general public is thinking nor do they care. Britney is finally getting more control of her life. Give her a year, two tops and once she breaks out of the bubble her team has created for her, she will realize what mistakes she is making with her career and how to fix it. We all have to hope that there is someone really famous like another superstar that catches a lot of this stuff with her team and try to lead her to the right direction(since for all we know, her team is not telling her what she is doing wrong, how to fix it, or not letting her discover current trends, etc.) She is blissfully unaware on how she is coming off. She can barely use a computer and her team is probably just telling her everything they think she wants to hear. 

31 minutes ago, sarahbbyy said:

Let me give you guys my two cents: A lot of what @Army1said should be in your mind while I say this. People keep giving such simple reasons to why Britney is not performing the same way anymore. "She has a family; She injured her knees; She is lazy and does not care" I can understand why you guys would think that but at the end of the day, it is far deeper than just the basic reasons that are not really given much thought to... no offense. I think her mental illness, plus conservatorship has a lot to do with this. Here's the thing. She has had a curfew in place for her, an army full of people taking care of her and with her 24/7, helping her through every major decision in her life. If you watch For The Record, you will see that she barely even pays attention to her surroundings because there are handlers around her all the time, watching her every move and constantly controlling everything she does.

At first, Britney was devastated but still performing average and making great music. Then, there was a rumor that a second breakdown happened in 2010. Now, I know that is just hearsay but all the complaints we have all made about the Femme Fatale era can almost indirectly confirm it. She became extremely robotic during that time in her life. She is just now recovering from that. Physically, she has not changed from that era. She is just NOW recovering from that time period emotionally(which explains why she is suddenly very perky 2015 onward).

Back to all the handlers surrounding her, do you notice that Britney is still with the same team of people that she was with when she started her career? She has the same exact manager (Felicia is rumored to still be her assistant) and ever since the In The Zone era, he started his own management company with the same names that helped with Britney her fourth and 6th album onwards. That means that these people were there when she fired them off her team in 2004-2005. Then, her Dad became her conservator, a man who was an alcoholic when Britney was younger and neglected her, her entire life was suddenly the person calling the shots. He knew the only thing he could do since he was not experienced with the business. Call the same person that has worked with Britney since she was 15 and that is her manager Larry. These two men are calling the shots and instead of thinking about the business side of things for Britney, Larry is stuck in the early 2000s and her dad just cares about keeping her on a tight leash. 

The result of all of this is a group of people who love her and do not trust her ability to take care of herself. Her dad will probably not let her have it any other way and plus, why would Britney ever think that she needed anything better when there is no other experience and outlook outside of her own team? They do not care about her business anymore. They care about keeping her in the straight and narrow. Plus, they know all the details to her life and mental illness. They have absolute no guts to tell her what the general public is thinking nor do they care. Britney is finally getting more control of her life. Give her a year, two tops and once she breaks out of the bubble her team has created for her, she will realize what mistakes she is making with her career and how to fix it. We all have to hope that there is someone really famous like another superstar that catches a lot of this stuff with her team and try to lead her to the right direction(since for all we know, her team is not telling her what she is doing wrong, how to fix it, or not letting her discover current trends, etc.) She is blissfully unaware on how she is coming off. She can barely use a computer and her team is probably just telling her everything they think she wants to hear. 

Thank you! Someone else that finally understands and is alert/knowledgable  enough to realize that all of this choreo/performing stuff stems from a much deeper routed issue. One that (out of all people) her fans should take into consideration. So as to be a part of the progressive movement to bring the old Britney back (as much as possible)  vs being part of the tear and strip down Britney criticism machine. 

20 minutes ago, Army1 said:

Thank you! Someone else that finally understands and is alert/knowledgable  wnough to realize that all of this choreo/performing stuff stems from a much deeper routed issue. One, that out of all people, her fans should take into consideration as to be a part of the progressive movement to bring the old Britney back (as much as possible)  vs being part of the tear and strip Britney down criticism machine. 

I agree. People are being a little too much. It is not like I do not understand their frustrations. I get it. I sometimes want to throw something or shout a message to her once in a long while but usually I come back to reality and start using my brain again. I do not think people understand that Britney is not actually a problem right now. The problem is all the b****ing that is going on about it. Look at already how far she has come. After Britney Jean, did we think something as amazing as Glory would come out of it? Did we ever think Britney was going to smile ever again? How about actually change up her Piece of Me show a little by putting on more **** costumes? Even after the whole Make Me music video fiasco, did we think the Slumber Party music video was going to happen? Did we think she was going to go on an international tour or finally end her Piece of Me show that people have been complaining about forever now? I mean, the list goes on... I feel we are all way too spoiled. We stomp our feet when we do not get everything we want! Britney is a human being. She has been through trauma. There was the whole Sam Lufti ordeal that we do not even know the awful details about nor do we know what is happening with her throughout the course of her career and conservatorship. If Britney is that frustrating and people are that impatient, they should just not be her fan anymore. It is as simple as that because if they can not appreciate that she is slowly making the right changes, then  they are completely undeserving for when she ultimately gets completely better in every shape or form(which I 100% believe she will). I have so much hope for the future. Maybe, they need to be empathetic and try to actually become closer to Britney the person; actually get to know her and find a deeper understanding to why she is the way that she is. It is flawed to compare her to other pop stars because she has had it a lot worse than all of them if they ever knew what her childhood was really like or how people treated her in her peak.

Guys... let's face it, she is still performing cause she see it as her "job", but she clearly have no passion left for her career and for what she achieved. She is a totally different person now... a person with illness wich is quite forced to walk the stage. Can we all agree that she would rather stay at home with her boys doing silly videos? Now, if these are the actual roots of her tree, how can she puts any effort while performing? She's not dancing, she's not singing and when the show lacks of props what's left to entertain? The fact to be breathing in the same arena with the person that was one of the biggest popstars on the planet. That's it. 

57 minutes ago, sarahbbyy said:

I agree. People are being a little too much. It is not like I do not understand their frustrations. I get it. I sometimes want to throw something or shout a message to her once in a long while but usually I come back to reality and start using my brain again. I do not think people understand that Britney is not actually a problem right now. The problem is all the b****ing that is going on about it. Look at already how far she has come. After Britney Jean, did we think something as amazing as Glory would come out of it? Did we ever think Britney was going to smile ever again? How about actually change up her Piece of Me show a little by putting on more **** costumes? Even after the whole Make Me music video fiasco, did we think the Slumber Party music video was going to happen? Did we think she was going to go on an international tour or finally end her Piece of Me show that people have been complaining about forever now? I mean, the list goes on... I feel we are all way too spoiled. We stomp our feet when we do not get everything we want! Britney is a human being. She has been through trauma. There was the whole Sam Lufti ordeal that we do not even know the awful details about nor do we know what is happening with her throughout the course of her career and conservatorship. If Britney is that frustrating and people are that impatient, they should just not be her fan anymore. It is as simple as that because if they can not appreciate that she is slowly making the right changes, then  they are completely undeserving for when she ultimately gets completely better in every shape or form(which I 100% believe she will). I have so much hope for the future. Maybe, they need to be empathetic and try to actually become closer to Britney the person; actually get to know her and find a deeper understanding to why she is the way that she is. It is flawed to compare her to other pop stars because she has had it a lot worse than all of them if they ever knew what her childhood was really like or how people treated her in her peak.

I think im in love LOL

I mean its not terrible but if is defnitely not amazing. Some of her moves are pretty simple and badly executed, its like how i dance when im in my bedroom lmao

2 minutes ago, Army1 said:

I think im in love LOL

You are so cute. :) Seriously, I think it is a society problem. We all look for the most simple answers for things and they never turn out to be true. If a girl was showing skin like Britney, she must be lying about being a virgin or she is a s**t in the down low. Some people might say "she can't dance like she used to, so she must be lazy", "she is not putting effort because she has a gun to her head and doing something she does not want", "Britney is not articulate, so she must be an airhead" or "Britney's ***** are big, so they must be fake." I try to think outside of the box because I feel if we experience life every single day and witness how wrong we are about our little theories on the daily, you would think we would all change the way we think but nope. I try not to follow the same line of stupidity and lack of common sense.

Archived