Is Britney's dancing annoying to you?

iZacaree

now she looks like someone who doesn't have much talent for dancing but tries to dance because she half ***** even the easy moves, not to mention almost all of her choreographies are easy, even ı can do most of them if ı practice a little.and she looks like she has lost passion for dancing and doesn't love dancing like she used to, that's why ı always cringe when ı listen to songs like ttwe or if ı'm dancing.the most annoying thing for me is how she doesn't try to do the simplest things right, for example, the pose at the end of me against the music.she does it too early, seconds before the song ends, can't she even be in sync with the music?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, iZacaree said:

Okay, so I know this is a TIRED subject at this point, but we need to discuss something about Britney's dancing that I think everyone has noticed recently. This post isn't meant to be hateful, but I just want to open a discussion and see what everyone else is thinking.

After watching Britney's POM performances from the past couple of years, and now with her tour, I think it's pretty safe to say that most of Britney's "dancing" is nothing but a series of poses, strutting, and jerky/random arm movements that don't really flow with the music. It's like she's lost her rhythm. She use to really FEEL the music and it made her choreography and overall stage presence shine, but now you can literally feel her counting each step and trying to hit every mark. There's nothing really entertaining or eye-catching about her performances now. Don't even get me started on how she constantly touches and pulls at her hair and the endless hair flips, and I can't with the constant arms-above-the-head-hands-together pose - she will literally do that 50 times in one performance - or the lean-forward-and-rub-butt pose. Ugh! Most of the time, she's so out of rhythm that she just looks like she's fumbling around aimlessly while the back-up dancers do the actual dancing. There have been a few moments where some of her old dancing skills started to shine through, but she never really goes there. I'm not saying that all of her performances are BAD, but I honestly can't say they're spectacular. I mean, she's usually out-of-sync with her back-up dancers, she doesn't complete some of her dance moves (she's not singing, so there's no real reason for her to not go ALL-IN with the choreography), or she just does half-***/lazy choreography that's really more walking/skipping/strutting than anything else.

I guess my biggest issue is WHAT HAPPENED? Her talent isn't something you can really teach to someone. Sure, you can practice and get better, but if you have it you have it, and if you don't, you don't. She HAD it. I'm sure she still does because those things don't just go away, but it's like she doesn't put any effort into actually dancing anymore. Her energy has definitely improved in the last 2 years, and she seems happier, but her dancing needs serious improvement. You can't make an entire show out of 10% actual choreography, 70% walking/strutting, and 20% posing - at least not if you're Britney Spears.

Thoughts?

It's from her mental capacity. Shes not being lazy, this is just who she is now. The years of mental illness and medication use have dulled her/changed her overall personality and cognitive brain function. The processing of true Primeny level  choreo may be something that is too difficult for her brain to handle. 

My Godsister, who is schizoaffective (combination of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder) has exhibited many of the same traits that Britney/Amanda Bynes did during their initial breakdowns, and their subsequent recoveries (the brain fog, super anxiety, occasional lethargy). Even at her best moments there are flashes of her old self/true personality, but it is filtered through this lense of the mental illness.  She also cant fully do things that she could naturally do in the past because it might be too hard, and when she has great moments you can see it in flashes or long strechtes, but it doesnt fully stick sometimes because when shes had enough/wants a break she just drops it depending on the day/mood/how shes feeling in that minute (ala how Britney has a month of awesome POM performances, then 2 weeks of eh ones, then another week of shows that are a combination of good and bad (lazy looking) performances in the same show). 

Britney and her team have done a great job over the years  of perfecting her meds, balancing her diet and exercise, and providing other healthy outlets that help counteract/manage her symptoms (thats why weve seen such a growth since 2015). but depending on what type of illness she has (and its severity)  there may be a maximum level that she is only capable of reaching, and that may be far below the level of Primeney.

We shall she how far she can truly go in the future, but I feel that  if Britney and her team were to come forward about her mental illness in a book/Diane Sawyer sitdown/album project, it would gain Britney more respect, sympathy and credibility, as the world would stop criticzing/comparing her to Primney, and celebrate the fact that someone with such a huge handicap/mental disability is able to live such a fulfilling life and be an insirpation to others who are suffering from the same thing. 

Also, it would show how truly talented she is because it will  create this lense of perspective where people will be able to realize she would still be the best performer out there, because she is currently still doing better than 70% of the pop girls out there (both old and new) wrestling with mental illness...so she would be on top of the game without it.

@iZacaree would you feel different about her current perofrming skills if she were to come out with her mental illness struggles/full diagnosis publicly? Would it give you a different perspective of how to judge her stage performances? Or would it not matter and you would still be dissatisfied? 

51 minutes ago, Sil said:

Annoys me because she can do better! It is not like she is not capable of dancing like a pro. She is but she just doesn't want to.

No, the girl suffers from mental illness. There is only so much she can handle because her brain cant process the complexities of complex choreography anymore. Shes made huge strides since 2015 because of her hard work, dedication and treatments, but her illness has changed her and maybe wont ever allow her or give her the patience to reach Primeney levels ever again

2 minutes ago, Army1 said:

It's from her mental capacity. Shes not being lazy, this is just who she is now. The years of mental illness and medication use have dulled her/changed her overall personality and cognitive brain function. The processing of true Primeny level  choreo may be something that is too difficult for her brain to handle. 

My Godsister, who is schizoaffective (combination of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder) has exhibited many of the same traits that Britney/Amanda Bynes did during their initial breakdowns, and their subsequent recoveries (the brain fog, super anxiety, occasional lethargy). Even at her best moments there are flashes of her old self/true personality, but it is filtered through this lense of who the mental illness.  She also cant fully do things that she could naturally do in the past because it might be too hard, and when she has great moments you can see it in flashes or long strechtes, but it doesnt fully stick sometimes because when shes had enough/wants a break she just drops it depending on the day/mood/how shes feeling in that minute (ala how Britney has a month of awesome POM performances, then 2 weeks of eh ones, then another week of shows that are a combination of good and bad (lazy looking) performances in the same show). 

Britney and her team have done a great job over the years  of perfecting her meds, balancing her diet and exercise, and providing other healthy outlets that help counteract/manage her symptoms (thats why weve seen such a growth since 2015). but depending on what type of illness she has (and its severity)  there may be a maximum level that she is only capable of reaching, and that may be far below the level of Primeney.

We shall she how far she can truly go in the future, but I feel that  if Britney and her team were to come forward about her mental illness in a book/Diane Sawyer sitdown/album project, it would gain Britney more respect, sympathy and credibility, as the world would stop criticzing/comparing her to Primney, and celebrate the fact that someone with such a huge handicap/mental disability is able to live such a fulfilling life and be an insirpation to others who are suffering from the same thing. 

Also, it would show how truly talented she is because it will  create this lense of perspective where people will be able to realize she would still be the best performer out there, because she is currently still doing better than 70% of the pop girls out there (both old and new) wrestling with mental illness...so she would be on top of the game without it.

@iZacaree would you feel different about her current perofrming skills if she were to come out with her mental illness struggles/full diagnosis publicly? Would it give you a different perspective of how to judge her stage performances? Or would it not matter and you would still be dissatisfied? 

LOL

Ok, doctor so how she is capable of doing a HAND STAND WALK, tons of yoga poses and fitness stuff on instagram being ******** like you said? :nicki2:

Please, STOP making up lame excuses. 

She is LAZY and does not give a single ****. Thats it. 

7 minutes ago, Army1 said:

No, the girl suffers from mental illness. There is only so much she can handle because her brain cant process the complexities of complex choreography anymore. Shes made huge strides since 2015 because of her hard work, dedication and treatments, but her illness has changed her and maybe wont ever allow her or give her the patience to reach Primeney levels ever again

HAHAHHA DEAD :nydisgust:

WAIT I WILL CALL DSM SO THEY CAN put there a NEW side effect of "mental illness" is not being capable of bending the knees

This is next level bullshit like i never saw here. :wtf: And SO WRONG. Like, so wrong i cant even start to argue. 

9 minutes ago, div said:

HAHAHHA DEAD :nydisgust:

WAIT I WILL CALL DSM SO THEY CAN put there a NEW side effect of "mental illness" is not being capable of bending the knees

This is next level bullshit like i never saw here. :wtf: And SO WRONG. Like, so wrong i cant even start to argue. 

Oh please you are so ignornat and uneducated....she is larthargic and goes throufh the motions simetimes in her performances because she is jnow. To have some sort of crippling me tal disability. Whether its the medication on any given day or the illness itself it affects cognitive brain function and the ability to do things tona certain extent. 

17 minutes ago, div said:

LOL

Ok, doctor so how she is capable of doing a HAND STAND WALK, tons of yoga poses and fitness stuff on instagram being ******** like you said? :nicki2:

Please, STOP making up lame excuses. 

She is LAZY and does not give a single ****. Thats it. 

Your simple mindedness is beyond amazing 

I think that Britney has good and bad days, when I saw POM back in september she was honestly on fire and it was so amazing, but I feel really disappointed watching the Japan shows

I like her dancing, I just think the random jerks she does with her knees in replacement to the choreography is quite annoying. She sometimes skips or does her own movement which looks really odd, like recently in BOMT performance she's supposed to step with her dancers but she does it before them, and they do it separately, I don't know if anyone else has noticed? It's sad because she really does know how to dance, like, there's videos of her cartwheeling and she doesn't do the TOMH move anymore :sassybrit:

C'mon Britney! :meltdown:

The problem is just one: she thinks that she doesn't have to prove herself anymore!

during her prime she wanted to achieve something and she worked damn hard for it!

when she lost her passion it was damn clear

idk what could give it back to her

She's just very incosistent and gets easily bored. For example why all of a sudden She decided to do wb floor choreo properly and actually bend in slave but At the same time she keeps performing ttwe like she's just miming the steps to learn the choreo....? At least award shows performances had a huge improvement last year, and she cares about her body finally! 

It could have began from the beginning when she was rehearsing the choreo for the whole show. She could have thought it was too hard to learn such detailed choreo for that long of a show.

Maybe her choreographers aren't pushing her to do harder stuff, and Britney isn't asking them to give her better moves either.

It is true that doing the choreography repeatedly every show is daunting and bland after awhile, so imagine after all the shows, her motivation.

Sadly, whatever reason it could be, doesn't justify her not doing it.

That's why I'd rather her do promo performances, award shows. She can learn the hard choreo, do it a few times, and is done.

2 hours ago, Army1 said:

Oh please you are so ignornat and uneducated....she is larthargic and goes throufh the motions simetimes in her performances because she is jnow. To have some sort of crippling me tal disability. Whether its the medication on any given day or the illness itself it affects cognitive brain function and the ability to do things tona certain extent. 

At the end, when they talk about the C-ship.  lol, seems like Britney's using up the c-ship like an escape now, she doesn't need to worry about **** like everyone else.  she has everyone else worrying about all her **** and all she needs to do is get on stage 1 hour every couple nights and flip her hair to make money 

Something it's not okay with her... we all know that...

what i don't support, is the her cheap team, ok, if Britney doesn't dance like she used to, etc etc,  at least they can invert more money in production, this new " tour" is a joke.

No props,  no guitar, no wings, no fire , no tree,  really , it's a shame.

britney has been improving a lot... with a better team. I'm sure she will look so much better on stage,

This is kind of disappointing. She can do better:byebitch: BEST dance moves in the whole show? Really?:weirdmeout:

I wanna sell my VIP ticket and bought an ordinary now. Not that i wanna spend less money on britney, but that im afraid i will be so disappointed if i watch her half *** the entire 2-hour show closely. I don't want to ruin britney''s image in my mind:meltdown:

Archived