Britney is Kylie Minogue and Janet

DJSLAYZEE

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You

Britney may be more influenced by Janet. But overall, not just talking about performances, the one I associate Britney with, the most, is Madonna. Not to mention that both are the only two woman who had an ansurd amount of fame.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Sales aren't everything. Currentney whishes she could be as classy and talented as Janet and Kylie. Those two remain talented performs while Britney...

***** when? :tiffcackle: Kylie is a talented elegant graceful performer who interacts with her fans and wears quality costumes on stage. Meanwhile Currentney doesn't dance or sing, wears leotards from Walmart and disrespects her audience by flipping them off.

Do you really wanna compare this:

giphy.gif26uf9VTFtfZ1I4bn2.gif

to this:

a7f2e3db883026c7c3cd37706143fcbb.jpgkylie-minogue-performs-at-kiss-me-once-t

CurrentNey gets on my nerves:nyheadache:

Although if we compare Primetime Britney Spears, Kylie Minogue is left in the dust:tiffsmoke:

5 minutes ago, Edge Of Clockin' You said:

CurrentNey gets on my nerves:nyheadache:

Although if we compare Primetime Britney Spears, Kylie Minogue is left in the dust:tiffsmoke:

In terms of grace (which was what he was talking about)? Not really. Kylie is just a more graceful women. More elegant tbh. If you meant dancing, then yeah, Primeney is better.

6 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Sales aren't everything. Currentney whishes she could be as classy and talented as Janet and Kylie. Those two remain talented performs while Britney...

***** when? :tiffcackle: Kylie is a talented elegant graceful performer who interacts with her fans and wears quality costumes on stage. Meanwhile Currentney doesn't dance or sing, wears leotards from Walmart and disrespects her audience by flipping them off.

What makes matters worse is that Paula Abdul, who's also sustained injury, is a better performer than Britney right now.  

I just don't believe the injury is what's held her back, especially when that photographer on the set of Gimme More set said "That dancing scene was demanding"; and this was in 2007.

And I agree with you that her costuming is extremely unappealing (Unlike 2016).

21 minutes ago, Edge Of Clockin' You said:

Britney may be more influenced by Janet. But overall, not just talking about performances, the one I associate Britney with, the most, is Madonna. Not to mention that both are the only two woman who had an ansurd amount of fame.

It's just that her style (and sound) was heavily lifted from Janet during that time.  The only performance that was really Madonna-like was the 2003 VMA.

I will say in Britney's favor that she had more personal scrutiny than either Madonna or Janet.  But she owes a lot to Janet as a recording artist/performer.

5 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

What makes matters worse is that Paula Abdul, who's also sustained injury, is a better performer than Britney right now.  

I just don't believe the injury is what's held her back, especially when that photographer on the set of Gimme More set said "That dancing scene was demanding"; and this was in 2007.

And I agree with you that her costuming is extremely unappealing (Unlike 2016).

She doesn't dance because she's lazy and ungrateful. Madonna broke her entire skeleton in 2005 and she was still able to dance and sing live:

Let's not forget she was 47 back then. Britney's just 35 and she can't even be botheted to flap her arms properly. :tiffcackle: And before someone brings up the meltdown, let me remind you that Janet and MJ were physically abused by their father and they were still able to dance their ***** off. Madonna was gang ***** and she's still slaying. Kylie survived cancer and she's still performing like in the Fever era. If Britney can't perform, it's because she's lazy, entitled and ungrateful.

Kylie is flawless and Impossible Princess is a masterpiece.

Unfair how underrated she is. She's a pure pop artist. Btw, Kylie and Britney have things in common, but musically, in general, they're quite different. 

7 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

She doesn't dance because she's lazy and ungrateful. Madonna broke her entire skeleton in 2005 and she was still able to dance and sing live:Let's not forget she was 47 back then. Britney's just 35 and she can't even be botheted to flap her arms properly. :tiffcackle: And before someone brings up the meltdown, let me remind you that Janet and MJ were physically abused by their father and they were still able to dance their ***** off. Madonna was gang ***** and she's still slaying. Kylie survived cancer and she's still performing like in the Fever era. If Britney can't perform, it's because she's lazy, entitled and ungrateful.

I won't pretend that Britney hasn't shown flashes.  That clip on youtube showing her full Piece of Me Show with  clips from last year is entertaining (but they're not from a single show) but she must evolve as a performer.  Either with pre-recorded vocals  and/or singing her ballads/mid-tempos live.  

After hearing that "Happy Birthday", if she actually practiced (and perhaps stop smoking) she'd sing better than Katy Perry or Taylor Swift.

Watching her mouth, I have no doubt she's singing this decently, but she obviously keeps it concealed with the playback.

5 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

After hearing that "Happy Birthday", if she actually practiced (and perhaps stop smoking) she'd sing better than Katy Perry or Taylor Swift.

rebeca black with some practice can sing better than those two (not very difficult to do tho):sipney:

8 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

I won't pretend that Britney hasn't shown flashes.  That clip on youtube showing her full Piece of Me Show with  clips from last year is entertaining (but they're not from a single show) but she must evolve as a performer.  Either with pre-recorded vocals  and/or singing her ballads/mid-tempos live.  

Watching her mouth, I have no doubt she's singing this decently, but she obviously keeps it concealed with the playback.

I agree with you but we can only dream about something like that. She honestly needs an urgent image revamp. This tired and trashy Lolita image hasn't been interesting since ITZ. I think she should follow an image more like this:

4077634148_8074f97d00_b.jpg

Madonna-Confessions-On-A-Dance-Floor-Pho

Something classy, but still ****. She's 35 and she shouldn't be on stage in bra and panties while grabbing G-Eazy's **** or make **** like SP lesbian scenes in a desperate move for atention.

One more thing... Stop with ******* Happy Birthday and kneetaping. :triggered:

1 hour ago, Pedro Dantas said:

In terms of grace (which was what he was talking about)? Not really. Kylie is just a more graceful women. More elegant tbh. If you meant dancing, then yeah, Primeney is better.

I meant as the whole pack, after all the pluses and minuses Britney was miles ahead of her. 

45 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

It's just that her style (and sound) was heavily lifted from Janet during that time.  The only performance that was really Madonna-like was the 2003 VMA.

I will say in Britney's favor that she had more personal scrutiny than either Madonna or Janet.  But she owes a lot to Janet as a recording artist/performer.

Agree.

34 minutes ago, Margaery said:

It's not like those two were a real challenge anyway, they suck at singing. 

Yet, Perry and Swift are either big stars or highly visible Super Bowl-level performers. 

28 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I agree with you but we can only dream about something like that. She honestly needs an urgent image revamp. This tired and trashy Lolita image hasn't been interesting since ITZ. I think she should follow an image more like this:

Something classy, but still ****. She's 35 and she shouldn't be on stage in bra and panties while grabbing G-Eazy's **** or make **** like SP lesbian scenes in a desperate move for atention.

One more thing... Stop with ******* Happy Birthday and kneetaping. :triggered:

How can this be a dream at this point?  She's in her mid-30s and must evolve as a performer.  If she's going to continue to perform after 2017, then there's no excuse to not singing her ballads/mid-tempos live.  I actually will be surprised if she does not sing live after 2017.

6 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

How can this be a dream at this point?  She's in her mid-30s and must evolve as a performer.  If she's going to continue to perform after 2017, then there's no excuse to not singing her ballads/mid-tempos live.  I actually will be surprised if she does not sing live after 2017.

What you said is true but let me remind you that she still lipsyncs to 19 year old vocals while wearing costumes that look like they came from the dollar store. Just because something is the obvious choice, that doesn't mean Britney will make it happen (she's too lazy for that). :outwithit:

Archived