Britney is Kylie Minogue and Janet

DJSLAYZEE

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Queen_Britney said:

Disgusting "fan"... those ******* wish they were Britney... Janet and Kylie haven't sold half what she has... I can't with you fake fans...:begone:

Janet and Britney are both listed as 100 million. But anyway, Britney doesn't dance as well as Janet still does and she's a lot younger. She'll never have Kylie's grace, style, live vocals, fan interaction or taste. I can't with you delusional fans!

7 hours ago, Doug said:

Americans tend to suspiciously forget about Janet's legacy cause she's a black woman who showed her tiddy once on live Tv. 

:usher:

Which is so ******* sad.

And I'm from south america and I believe she hadn't that much of an impact here either, so internet introduced me to the queen Janet because no one else would.

56 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Janet and Britney are both listed as 100 million. But anyway, Britney doesn't dance as well as Janet still does and she's a lot younger. She'll never have Kylie's grace, style, live vocals, fan interaction or taste. I can't with you delusional fans!

Kylie is a cutie, but Britney also has her kind of charm. Kinda unfair to compare both in this way.

But I agree... in general. Kylie, Janet AND Britney are my pop queens in their ways. Madonna, too. It's just that it took way too long for her to conquer my heart. But she's there.

14 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Kylie is a cutie, but Britney also has her kind of charm. Kinda unfair to compare both in this way.

But I agree... in general. Kylie, Janet AND Britney are my pop queens in their ways. Madonna, too. It's just that it took way too long for her to conquer my heart. But she's there.

Yes, I love all 4. However there's more of an artistry with those other 3 artists and they care deeply about their craft. They still have passion for their careers and do a lot of things for their fans. I'm missing that from Britney.

55 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Which is so ******* sad.

And I'm from south america and I believe she hadn't that much of an impact here either, so internet introduced me to the queen Janet because no one else would.

Me too! I think I first started listening to her during the 20 YO era because "So Excited" seemed to be everywhere and "Feeback" was all over MTV. I just discovered her entire discography last year and since then my life changed. I don't even know how Britney is never compared to her or acknowledges her as her main influencer. It's crazy, everything about Britney's sound is obviously inspired by Janet, and so is her dancing (and even the lip syncing) :staysalty:

9 hours ago, Queen_Britney said:

Disgusting "fan"... those ******* wish they were Britney... Janet and Kylie haven't sold half what she has... I can't with you fake fans...:begone:

You know Britney herself said she always wanted to be like Janet and Madonna. Im just saying don't forget Kylie a legend who helped shape the sound of Britney's opus with ITZ

15 minutes ago, Doug said:

Me too! I think I first started listening to her during te 20 YO era because "So Excited" seemed to be everywhere and "Feeback" was all over MTV. I just discovered her entire discography last year and since then my life changed. I don't even know how Britney is never compared to her or acknowledges her as her main influencer. It's crazy, everything about Britney's sound is obviously inspired by Janet, and so is her dancing (and even the lip syncing) :staysalty:

Britney did acknowledge the influence tho. Back in the BOMT era interviews she always said she wanted to be like Madonna and Janet (and MJ). lol

9 hours ago, Queen_Britney said:

It's amusing how many dumb Britney fans have dissed Janet Jackson when they nor Britney herself have never cited which specific Madonna videos or dance routines were an influence/inspiration on her dance music videos/performances.  Madonna is obviously a career role model for Britney with the *** appeal and working with different producers but without Janet's influence Christina Aguilera would have easily supplanted Britney in 2000.  And, of course, Janet is the template for every single Britney dance video (Me Against the Music has a bit of Janet and Michael) 

Those sales stats mean little against her predecessors.  I would defend Britney against her peers but Bruno Mars, who is more talented than either Madonna or Britney, said about Janet  "...she is just a pioneer in the music industry, and I'm sure those girls would say it too. We all looked up to her and she'll always have it, she'll always be Janet Jackson. It would be an honor (to collaborate with her), she's incredible."

3 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

It's amusing how many dumb Britney fans have dissed Janet Jackson when they nor Britney herself have never cited which specific Madonna videos or dance routines were an influence/inspiration on her dance music videos/performances.  Madonna is obviously a career role model for Britney with the *** appeal and working with different producers but without Janet's influence Christina Aguilera would have easily supplanted Britney in 2000.  And, of course, Janet is the template for every single Britney dance video (Me Against the Music has a bit of Janet and Michael) 

Those sales stats mean little against her predecessors.  I would defend Britney against her peers but Bruno Mars, who is more talented than either Madonna or Britney, said about Janet  "...she is just a pioneer in the music industry, and I'm sure those girls would say it too. We all looked up to her and she'll always have it, she'll always be Janet Jackson. It would be an honor (to collaborate with her), she's incredible."

I always though Me Against the Music reminded me of smooth criminal

madonna-me-against-the-music-video-cap-0

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/10800000/Smooth-criminal-smooth-criminal-10897382-500-332.jpg

21 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Britney did acknowledge the influence tho. Back in the BOMT era interviews she always said she wanted to be like Madonna and Janet (and MJ). lol

Yeah, but Britney said this in 2011:

Britney Spears is fine with the numerous comparisons that have been made between her and Madonna over the course of her career. After all, she tried to mold herself after the star. When asked who she tried to emulate when she first started out, Spears answered, "Madonna. No question. She is an amazing entertainer.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1659522/britney-spears-plastic-surgery-out-magazine/

Perhaps she meant career wise but then she said Madonna is an "amazing entertainer".  It's funny coming from someone who can't even name which specific Madonna music video/dance routine was an influence on dance-centric performances/music videos

29 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Ever heard of Debbie Gibson? Paula Abdul?

Without Janet to use as a vessel to showcase her work, Paula Abdul would be nothing.  And Abdul has nothing to do with the Pleasure Principle, If or, above all, Rhythm Nation.  Abdul couldn't even last long.  Why?

3 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

Yeah, but Britney said this in 2011:

Britney Spears is fine with the numerous comparisons that have been made between her and Madonna over the course of her career. After all, she tried to mold herself after the star. When asked who she tried to emulate when she first started out, Spears answered, "Madonna. No question. She is an amazing entertainer.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1659522/britney-spears-plastic-surgery-out-magazine/

Perhaps she meant career wise but then she said Madonna is an "amazing entertainer".  It's funny coming from someone who can't even name which specific Madonna music video/dance routine was an influence on her work.

But not only music videos and dance routines are the only way to influence someone. Britney actually knows Madonna on a personal level, so maybe that's why nowadays she feels spiritually closer to Maddie than with Janet. But yeah, Janet is still the biggest influence music and dance wise in Britney's as it seems. Always thought it was unfair to not remember Janet when it comes to Britney, but Maddie to Britney is fine by me either so whatever.

And of course, it's Madonna x Britney the media tries to push, she's answering a media question, so yeah. :queenriri:

6 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

**** off this place! Britney has always had more grace than Kylie and her style is iconic when it's good... I'm not a delusional fan, I haven't said a single lie, you're a ******* hater, that's what you are! What do you think Britney would think if she read your posts? Seriously, leave...:begone:

Archived