Even gays are unaware of Slumber Party

Thecodeman25

So I just hung out with my friend last night who is a gay male aged 30. My bf was playing tinasha videos so rightfully I said " ok next  have to play Slumber party". :hipney:

My friend - who likes Britney, mind you- said "what is this? I've never heard it." And by the end of the video said "wow I really like this. Can't believe I never heard it".

WTF is the world we live in where a gay Britney fan is unaware of her latest single and hasn't gone out to check for her new album? granted he's not a Stan but he has seen Britney in Vegas and likes her. Her team is doing something (everythting)  wrong. 

:lostney:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Thecodeman25 said:

So I just hung out with my friend last night who is a gay male aged 30. My bf was playing tinasha videos so rightfully I said " ok next  have to play Slumber party". :hipney:

My friend - who likes Britney, mind you- said "what is this? I've never heard it." And by the end of the video said "wow I really like this. Can't believe I never heard it".

WTF is the world we live in where a gay Britney fan is unaware of her latest single and hasn't gone out to check for her new album? granted he's not a Stan but he has seen Britney in Vegas and likes her. Her team is doing something (everythting)  wrong. 

:lostney:

2 people i know that they love Britney, i found out that they have no idea of Glory

Tbh even if he's not exactly into the whole pop culture, the video was on the #1 spot trending on YouTube for more than a week, on Facebook almost all the radio stations posted/shared the video!

And also if you have **** friends,  out of 5 gay guys 1 one them has to be a Britney Fan, it's scientifically proven...

So the chances of him never hearing about it is close to non!

Just sayin' :comingthru:

I think the problem is that music channels and radio stations doesn't play Britney's music as mush as it used to and I don't know what the ******  their problem is.

I think few month after "Slumber Party" video was released I went home for a week to visit my parents. That was my time off and I spend few days at home watching MTV and not even once they play any of Britney's stuff despite the fact that "Slumber Party" was a fresh video. They kept playing the same stuff over and over again, I just got sick of it. I used to love watching MTV and other music channels ,but it's just not the same anymore. I miss early 2000!

Anyways, after that I kept tweeting all the official MTV my dissapointment over this.

On 05/07/2017 at 4:34 PM, BoyToySoldier said:

He's 30 and not up to date on pop culture. It happens. Some people just don't really care. Your interest levels for new things decrease as you age.

sad but true :staysalty:

Spoiler

I´m getting there tho :otears:

Because he's a 30 year old man who doesnt have time keeping up with everything Britney is doing.

But part of the blame goes to MTV and other music channels. They never play videos anymore, you only see them online.

There are no countdown shows, no video hour blocks and no making the video type shows.

5 hours ago, Plaidatlo said:

I think the problem is that music channels and radio stations doesn't play Britney's music as mush as it used to and I don't know what the ******  their problem is.

Britney is past 30. That's the age where pop females die on radio. Pop radio is incredibly ageist. You'd have to have a WW hit on all formats (JLO's On the Floor) in order to even be regularly played.

12 hours ago, Phonography423 said:

Because he's a 30 year old man who doesnt have time keeping up with everything Britney is doing.

But part of the blame goes to MTV and other music channels. They never play videos anymore, you only see them online.

There are no countdown shows, no video hour blocks and no making the video type shows.

This.......

The music or even the music video is not promoted in any way except for on fan sites or Youtube

The hype just isn't there anymore like it used to be

Archived